Zynga
www.zynga.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Too many people with egos work for this company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Zynga full-time

ProsIt was a lot of fun working with a gaming company and communicating with the players.

ConsThe biggest issue is the lack of communication between the staff at Zynga. If you send an email, most often they don't even bother replying. My new manager always find time to return emails and expects us to confirm important information always - and the great communication makes for a great work environment. When you tell them what the problem is, based on the voices of hundreds of very angry people, they don't look for a solution to the problem. They instead make excuses...

Advice to Senior ManagementFind real solutions to the real problems. If you have players complaining that they are getting goals for so many houses that they don't even have room to put them - if you can't slow down, at least find a way for players to make the most out of the virtual real estate they have. Learn to work as a team and learn how to communicate with people who are trying to make things better for the company. Listen to your customers, they are telling you what they want and what they hate. With anything technology it's all about keeping up with the rapid pace of change and staying ahead of the game. This is taught in basic programming classes! Zynga has not changed much since it launched besides adding some better graphics. But the games are all the same - and buggy as heck. Learn to value your core members - if you save your core members instead of seeking out new players, you will make at least 5x more profit. The only thing you have shown them is they better not trust you or invest in our company because you'll just shut the game down anyway. There's a lot that needs to happen, and the changes need to take place from the top-down.

Once was good, but slowly declining

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Zynga as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: 1) Awesome perks: Free meals, coffee, beverages and snacks, and swag 2) Every day is bring your… Cons: 1) Employee retention - losing a lot of talent due to either budget cuts/lay offs or just leaving in general due to environment. 2) Management doesn't… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on what the players want, that's what is driving your revenue. Take some time and listen to what community/players are saying and make… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

great experience that prepares you for your next position

Director (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Zynga full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Most creative people I have ever worked with - Good Food -… Cons: - Inconsistency in level-up/promotions. I have seen people that merit their award or level up, but it is very much about who you know and… Advice to Senior Management: Open your eyes and look at your workforce, and give… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Zynga.

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zynga reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zynga CEO Don Mattrick. All reviews posted anonymously by Zynga employees.