There are newer employer reviews for Zynga

Too many people with egos work for this company.

I worked at Zynga full-time

Pros

It was a lot of fun working with a gaming company and communicating with the players.

Cons

The biggest issue is the lack of communication between the staff at Zynga. If you send an email, most often they don't even bother replying. My new manager always find time to return emails and expects us to confirm important information always - and the great communication makes for a great work environment. When you tell them what the problem is, based on the voices of hundreds of very angry people, they don't look for a solution to the problem. They instead make excuses...

Find real solutions to the real problems. If you have players complaining that they are getting goals for so many houses that they don't even have room to put them - if you can't slow down, at least find a way for players to make the most out of the virtual real estate they have. Learn to work as a team and learn how to communicate with people who are trying to make things better for the company. Listen to your customers, they are telling you what they want and what they hate. With anything technology it's all about keeping up with the rapid pace of change and staying ahead of the game. This is taught in basic programming classes! Zynga has not changed much since it launched besides adding some better graphics. But the games are all the same - and buggy as heck. Learn to value your core members - if you save your core members instead of seeking out new players, you will make at least 5x more profit. The only thing you have shown them is they better not trust you or invest in our company because you'll just shut the game down anyway. There's a lot that needs to happen, and the changes need to take place from the top-down.

358 Other Employee Reviews for Zynga (View Most Recent)

A fantastic life-changing experience that I wouldn't trade for anything!

Former Employee - Art Intern in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Art Intern in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Zynga as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The environment is stellar and the people are absolutely amazing! You will make tons of friends, learning and teaching others all the while. If you're not having the time of your life, you're doing it wrong.

Cons

It's such an awesome place to work, you could end up living there if you aren't careful. Between the convenience and amenities, it can be difficult to keep track of how much time you're actually spending at work.

Keep doing things great, just try not to forget the little guys.

Fantastic experience like no other place you have worked.

I have been working at Zynga

Pros

Zynag is so different from where I have worked before. Free meals, snacks and drinks. We work very hard, but we play hard too. Dogs are all around which I love. Technology is everywhere so it is a career boost for me.

Cons

Lots of distractions during the day, so if you like peace and quite this is not the place for you. No offices, no cubicles and dogs barking. However it has helped me learn to focus and be more interactive when needed. You hear bad things in the news, not true!

There are newer employer reviews for Zynga