Challenging, Exciting and Fun Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at thePlatform full-time for more than a year

Pros

thePlatform is comprised of a great community of people, and fosters a "come as you are" office culture. Employees are valued here, whether it's management working with you to find a role that best suits your interests and skill-set, or through the HR sponsored employee appreciation events. We have our hands in interesting and relevant technology, which provides us with challenging and exciting work, no matter what your role is here. I love the "work hard, play hard" ethic thePlatform has adopted. The benefits, fringe and otherwise, are better than I've had at any other company/ organization.

Cons

Although I think HR puts forth a strong effort to counter this, our office isn't very ethnically diverse.

Other Reviews for thePlatform

A fun dynamic environment, with great people building great products for big customers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at thePlatform full-time

Pros

We have a very strong team and work hard to keep it that way. We compete in a very dynamic market - online video - which is constantly evolving, so it doesn't get boring. We get to work with big, well known customers, so it's easy to tell mom and dad what our products do. We're growing into a global company, which is challenging but fun.

Cons

Our main product is powerful and complex (which our market needs) but it means that we have longer sales cycles, more demanding customers and a longer ramp time for getting employees up to speed than companies in other spaces. Growing naturally causes areas to get stretched thin which can put stress on the organization.

Keep planning for growth, keep employees happy, stay in touch with the market.

Great work environment that deteriorated over time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at thePlatform full-time

Pros

This is a strong engineering organization and good place to be a senior developer. Lots of nice people working on small, agile teams, delivering good software.

Cons

The marketing, sales and operations aspects of the company have become increasingly political. The leadership is smart but tends to belittle others' ideas or to not hear them. Career opportunities for non-engineers are limited.

Listen. Dare to decide not to do some things in order to do other things better. Promote the emerging leaders who have earned trust from others, and shed the ones who are not trusted.

There are newer employer reviews for thePlatform.

Worked for thePlatform? Contribute to the Community!