EnergySolutions

Updated 30 December 2014
2.6

EnergySolutions CEO David Lockwood
David Lockwood

Unfair employer and unprofessional ethics

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Erwin, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Erwin, TN (US)

I worked at EnergySolutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is decent but not great for risk

Cons

Unprofessional management and bad ethics

Get new ones and start over

Radiation Protection Technician

Current Employee - Radiation Protection Safety Technician in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at EnergySolutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company and lots of possible opportunities for growth (in theory). Thorough training in a great many Radiation Protection Disciplines.

Cons

Employee satisfaction not viewed as integral to company's long term success. Unrealistic view of company's position in the nuclear marketplace. Rampant employee dissatisfaction. Management team far too reactive as opposed to being proactive to changes in the industry. Outdated thinking and approaches to staffing and business decisions. Virtually no connection to staff and their interests and how it relates to long term plans. Rampant cronyism while real talent languishes.

Times have changed and Management hasn't changed with them. Great place for employee training for future clients or competitors. Now would be a great time to alter the employee approach for the future. If not, replace the front door with a turnstile once the power-plants and other, more realistic, supporting companies look for employees. The Bruce Power MCR and the OPG ICR will require quite a bit of manpower, and they will be happening simultaneously.

High time to stop assuming employees are lucky to be employed by you and wondering how many will stay when the power-plants and other companies really start looking for staffing solutions. Sad to think that only when many leave for greener pastures that Management will finally perk up and take notice.

Project Coordinator

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Knoxville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Knoxville, TN (US)

I have been working at EnergySolutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working here because I get along with my co-workers and boss. The benefits are great and they help with your retirement. I personally do not take their health care because I take my military benefits, but the people I work with have never complained about their plans.

Cons

This is just a personal con but I do not feel like I could grow in this company. There are not that many younger people out here so there is not a great training/mentoring program to get the younger crowd involved.

E and T Division

Current Employee - Engineer in Richland, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Richland, WA (US)

I have been working at EnergySolutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of people working at the company. Smart, friendly, established engineers with experience in the nuclear industry.

Cons

Good chance you could spend a majority of your time on one project. However, if you ask, they will try to move you around to different work within the office/area.

Needs to improve relationship with employee continuing education or specified training.

Horrible place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at EnergySolutions full-time

Pros

I cannot think of any pros.

Cons

The upper management doesn't care about the employees. There are no trainings or meetings to discuss employee career path and expectations. The upper management only cares about making money for themselves.

Had very good conditions and materials to work with

Former Employee - Laborer in Zion, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Laborer in Zion, IL (US)

I worked at EnergySolutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

always had work, always had good training and safe condtions

Cons

security looks for ways to get rid of you,

that when security tryes to let a people go with out having all the facts, thy shoould follow up,so now im looking for a lawyer so I can try to get my job back.

Sr Engineer

I worked at EnergySolutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only good thing about this work hours as you get every other Friday off

Cons

No growth opportunity, no raise or bonus in the right way. You have to put in lot extra hours and there is compensation for time-off or any other. Senior Management does not value their employees, does communicate well with employees and always showing the false picture.

Start treating employee as resources not as a cost entity. Have some time of feedback for Senior Management from the employees and you would know what employees think about the senior management. There is clear favoritism in this company and the recent data would indicate why young talent is leaving the company.

Does not feel stable

Former Employee - Engineer in Richland, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Engineer in Richland, WA (US)

I worked at EnergySolutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

OK benefits, friendly colleagues, interesting projects. The workplace had a good atmosphere and did a pretty good job with work-life balance.

Cons

Everything changes every year: management, available benefits (including insurance carriers!), available work, CEO... Not very many opportunities to grow in the job. I'm not sure I like the long-term outlook of this company. They're way too focused on cost these days. Zero warning before I got laid off.

As a long time employee EnergySolutions I saw many changes in the upper levels of the company.

I worked at EnergySolutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay was good. Some days you just sat around doing nothing but getting paid.

Cons

The days were long. Priorities changed by the minute. Lack of communication

Listen to what ALL the workers are saying. Remember they are the ones completeing the work.