Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
3,371 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to their values; customer service really is their way of life (in 249 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 176 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 525 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 923 reviews)

More Highlights

136 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great "2nd tier" corporate job for recent college grads

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The absolute best thing about working for Enterprise as a recent college grad is that you get to work with a lot of other young people who are just like you. Fraternity men and sorority women and D1/3 athletes from big schools are very common at Enterprise. The atmosphere of the office is always fun, always relaxed, and it is not uncommon to hang out with assistant managers and other management trainees outside of work. Competition is fierce, but rarely unfriendly as everyone looks to help each other and get ahead at the same time.

One of the cool things is that management transfers people from branch to branch often enough that you get to meet lots of people in your geographic and this will serve you well when you become an assistant and branch manager and need others to do you favors. Another thing comes right from Enterprise's slogan "We'll pick you up." Management Trainees often pick people up and drop people off at bodyshops, service stations, offices, dealerships, and residences. You get to meet and talk with all sorts of people and if you can learn all about what they do and how they broke into their field.... You know in case you want to switch jobs after a year or two.... wink, wink!

Enterprise is a fairly easy company to get a job with (you need a college degree, a suit, and common sense) and they do not pay well at all to start, but not everyone needs to stay in the Branch Sales/Management track of the company and there are several opportunities to move into other facets of the company like fleet management, car sales, risk management, exotic rental, and much much more.

Cons

Compensation is not good to start. Obtaining promotions requires a lot of time, sweat and tears, patience, and a large, large gulp of their sweet green koolaid.

Also a big aspect of the Management Trainee position is that you have to pick people up and drop people off from their houses, body shops, etc. If you think that picking people up and sometimes feeling like an Uber driver would be uncomfortable or beneath you, then this job is not for you.

Promote the all-stars faster before they move on to medical sales where they make tons of money.

ERAC

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Inglewood, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Inglewood, CA (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Fun company with lots of outings with coworkers, lots of young straight out of college people.

Cons

Worked way too many hours, no time for anything else.

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of overtime? the people are generally young and cool to hang out with. You can learn how to talk to ANYBODY and run a business in the right direction.

Cons

a whole lot of hours 55+. You will work weekends too. Management can get too caught up in the bigger picture and ignore everything else or just keep the bare minimum standards of happiness. Unnecessary gossip.

stop breaking promises and just be frank. You might find people better than ever expected.

Pros/Cons Working for Enterprise

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Newport Beach, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Newport Beach, CA (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

They take on all newbies with zero to little Corporate work experience. You learn some high pressure sales tactics for B2C.

Cons

Working in a full suit in an airport during the summer is not practical. They pay you around $12 to be in the management trainee program. There is zero work life balance. Expect to work 60 hours a week and every other weekend. Best to stick it out for a year then move on.

They should offer commission as part of your job performance.

Great Company to start a career

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, Company Car Opportunity, Profit Sharing, 401K Match, Fun Enviornment

Cons

Long Hours, Few Upward Growth Opportunities the Higher You Go, Seem to Always be Staffing Issues

Staff Accordingly and Do Not Only Worry About Bottom Line.

Not for the weak

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management did a great job of vetting potential hirees - the employees here are motivated, outgoing, helpful and as far as I know, a very strong team. Training was fun, the actual day goes by quickly because there is never a moment's rest. Management made it very clear that there is very little work life balance. Everything you used to love about life, kiss it good bye.

Cons

Long hours, underpaid (all of this was made clear by management during interview process so that was no surprise). You also get 8 days of PTO during your first year. It is impossible to go on a vacation, even a short weekend one, or to see a doctor AND get all of your errands in. It's a tough life.

Hire more employees and give your current ones a break. I bet if you sent a new person home early at random throughout the week, morale would be very high -- as well as employee retention rate.

Decent Company

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment
    Awesome management program

Cons

Be prepared to work 10 hour shifts

Great training. Poor pay.

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome training program. I'll forever be grateful for what I learned.

Cons

Crazy work hours for low pay.

A great alternative to joining the military

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Buena Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Buena Park, CA (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very close and family like co worker environment . In time you learn how to do basically every job a 16 year old could do combined into one so it's excellent learning for somebody who has never had a job.

Cons

It's virtually impossible to have work life balance unless you consider hanging with co workers "life". You eventually get used to shunning all your friends out little by little and going to bed at 930 every night if you want decent nights rest to work your 10-11 hour days. The environment feels like a continuation of college, studying and passing tests for promotions that may or may not happen. There is a good chance your manager will be younger than you and will get a power trip telling you to go drive and pick up a customer every time the phone rings which if you work near a strip of auto centers like I did you could find yourself driving half your work days. If you're a young girl you may feel uncomfortable with some of the shady clientel you have to pick up all alone. Oh yeah the job is 100% sales. Sell damage protection or die. And get paid nothing extra if you do sell it well. Top reps get invited to a dinner at a local bar every two months with a buffet style appetizers that are seldom refilled and 2 beers maximum allowance . Everybody wears suits and tries flirting with management in hopes of a promotion so there 40K jobs can turn into 45K jobs . Maybe you should have thought harder about joining the military ? Ha

Get off your high horse with the power trips and your staff will react much smoother . We are all here under the condition we want to eventually manage and lead on our own as well, thus "trainee" in the title . If I hear the phone ring and I answer it I'll go pick the customer up. I don't need a shrill voice yelling at me on top of the suffering that the job already is .

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos