Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Jul 26, 2014

3.0 2,761 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service(in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise(in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)(in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6(in 809 reviews)

2,761 Employee Reviews

GREAT

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Salinas, CA (US)

ProsThe Management is great and always looking to help employees. When they say the have an open door policy they really mean it.

ConsI have not found any issues with the company yet. I have only been there a short time (under a year) but it has been a great experience so far.

It was hard work, but I gained a lot of experience.

Management Assistant (Former Employee) Ontario, CA (US)

ProsEnterprise is a great company and I definitely learned a lot about how to properly sell. The training programs you go through are also very helpful.

ConsThe hours were ridiculous and the pay did not make it worth it in the end.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people and pay the employees more!

Good company to work for, great coworkers

Pros-Coworkers are awesome
    -Benefits
    -Potential for growth

Cons-Long hours
    -Pay was subpar
    -Work many weekends

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not bad place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proseasy going manager that i reported to. good benefits and discounts.

ConsNo work/life balance if you are married or want to start a family. No real room to move up in the company.

Greatest experience of my life!

Management Trainee (Former Employee) New London, CT (US)

ProsOne of the best reasons to work for this company is the support you receive from everyone. Management is great, co-workers are awesome. The company values customer service and employees which makes it easy to go in to work everyday. The benefits are pretty good as well. Employee discounts are great as they receive a good amount off. Management really supports newcomers and takes them under their wing.

ConsDepending on the weather, going in and out of the office to check customers into cars can be very frustrating. There were days that would be 100 degrees outside and uniforms don't change for men. A button up shirt and tie every day, rain, sleet, or snow and it could become a bit annoying.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing bad to say about management. They supported me my whole time there and I couldn't be more grateful.

Great company to with an excellent management trainee program.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere and very teamwork oriented. A lot of opportunity for advancement if you perform at a high level.

ConsThe hours can take a toll on you.

interview

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Prosone phone, two face-to-face interviews with the head office and the branche manager. be yourself, be prepared and try to sound and look confident. show some leadership

Consmust know about sales and management. keep relating the job with past experiences

Advice to Senior Managementyou learn a lot so if you want to go to another company, you will have alot under your belt.

Hard work, great for college grads unmarried

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsFast paced, customer service all day, great 1 on 1 training, strong values and focus on employee development

ConsLong hours-55 hours max at first...then when promoted....unlimited. Pay is good but not great.

Great place to start your career

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Decatur, GA (US)

ProsThere is potential to make a lot of money depending on your manager and area manager. If they are willing to take time to train you and develop you. The company believes in customer service and sticks to the company values.

ConsYou can be moved to several offices and when you get momentum going you will get moved and setup for the next "challenge". When upper managerment write you off, you are done. Recognize it and find another job asap!

Advice to Senior ManagementLet employees spend more time in branches they are having success at.

Hard Work Pays Off

Assistant Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) Fredericksburg, VA (US)

ProsFun work environment. Fast Paced. Great company values. Great benefits.

ConsWork life balance is lacking.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!