Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.2
3,510 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to their values; customer service really is their way of life (in 249 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 176 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 525 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 923 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall, a strange experience in what felt like a very stagnant corporate culture

Former Intern - Management Trainee Intern
    Former Intern - Management Trainee Intern

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to advance within the company. All senior positions are hired internally, there is literally no one who is hired externally. Not demanding physically or emotionally. Can't envision the company stopping growth soon, so many opportunities for promotions and making money.

Cons

Feels cultish because of how private everything is in the company and how tightly regulated everything is from the top down. Made me shave my beard for example (employees are required to be clean shaven). As sexist of a work environment as you would imagine working for a company dominated by men and dealing with cars. Employee development is mostly focused on development for internal promotion and not on you. The first two "stages" Management Trainee and Mangement Trainee Intern are an incredible amount of work.

Great Program

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Great training program, clear expectations, clear goals, sales experience.

Cons

Stressful sales, high quotas, high turnover, poor work environment at times.

Work-life balance needs updating, hourly wage to be raised, create more professional office culture.

Intern

Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Hands-on experience
    Great teamwork
    Friendly managerment

Cons

Long hours
    Competive environment
    Low work/life balance
    Low pay

Reduce long work hours
    Take shifts

I enjoy the fast pace environment, and servicing our loyal customers.

Current Employee - Service Agent in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Service Agent in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Cleaning the cars are a no-brainer.

Cons

The hours are short, and communication at my location could improve.

Communication is key, if we claim to be a team, we should communicate like one.

Love the company but working there can be stressful

Former Employee - Management Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Management Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Enterprise has a great training program and good management. They reward you for your hard work and there is opportunity for growth since they only promote people from within the company and try not to hire anyone who didn't start at the company as a Management Trainee. Therefore all the high up people are super nice to every single employee. The company likes to sponsor happy hours too!

Cons

You have to work some ridiculous hours and even weekends if you want to be successful at Enterprise and it can get very stressful. The schedule is very inflexible due to always being short staffed (purposely). They start you out with low salary to motivate you to get promoted and once you're done with the training program and do get promoted they bump up your pay -and you can definitely make a nice amount if you stay in sales- but the hours you work and the stress can increase with that as well.

Hire more people, especially in sales support!! Your customers will thank you :)

It has been more than pleasant working here.

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

They are flexible, easy to work with, and good pay for easy work. Also it's super easy.

Cons

It gets cold outside but summer would be okay. Gloves are easy fix

Amazing culture, experience, and promotion opportunities; terrible work life balance

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Normal, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Normal, IL (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Culture is amazing, love all my current and former employees. Will gain a ton of experience in a short amount of time.

Cons

Terrible work-life balance even as a MT. A lot of micromanagement from upper management

Relax allow the Mangers to do their job and hire more people to better work-life balance

Sales Management Intern for the Summer of 2012

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

A truly hands on internship for those desiring a career in sales, business, and management that has translated as valuable experience towards my career search. A terrific training program teaching not only product knowledge but great customer service techniques and how to manage a brand. ERAC relies on interns during the brutally busy summer months, which makes a lot of resources and support available for the interns. Solid pay, credit above pay, and bonuses for generating leads. If you do well selling and marketing they may offer you to stay on.

Cons

Must wear white dress shirts, no facial hair, and a lot of pressure on interns to preform like full-time employees. May work Saturdays and odd hours, performance based, and extremely face paced. Antiquated computers and ECars software, poor corporate support to the branches.

Keep the training and general program outline the same, but involve interns more in the management of the branch, not just in sales.

Great company to stay or start a career.

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, great pay from hours, great for a recent college grad or someone who is looking for a resume builder

Cons

50 hours a week, you dont always have cars

Keep it the same