Epsilon

Epsilon Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy

Bryan Kennedy

Pros
  • Great work life balance depending on the phase of the project and your role in it(in 15 reviews)

• Company growing at a rapid rate, always work to do, great people who work here(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Workload to staff ratio lacks balance, making work/life balance nearly impossible(in 26 reviews)

• There is a lot of unfair upper management practice(in 10 reviews)

Its OK

Prosgood opportunities, work life balance

Consmanagement does not appreciate efforts

Very corporate, unsatisfied

Proscompensation, benefits, pto, outside office environrment

Consvery political, work-life balance, leadership

Great opportunities but Epsilon lacks competitive pay

Project Manager (Current Employee) Wakefield, MA (US)

ProsTons of great opportunities, many people are wonderful in terms of wanting to give you the experience that you are looking for. Most people are great to work with and are generally sincere. There's a great team environment. There's too much work and not enough people, so you won't need to worry about losing your job due to lack of business.

ConsEpsilon does not pay competitive enough for those who are promoted within the company. I've been at Epsilon for 6+ years and was promoted several times, but my pay raise is very low compared to the market rate. I am making less than my direct report and expected to be responsible for many more things than my direct. I do not always feel that I am being compensated for the value that I provide for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementEpsilon is making a lot of money. We took a 5% pay cut that set me back 2 years in terms of what I was making. Now that Epsilon is making money, those that had the pay cut should be compensated for it. Epsilon should make sure employees are compensated in order to try to retain talent. I have seen many great & talented people leave Epsilon the last several years just due to salary. Other places are paying at about 20% more than what Epsilon is paying.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good environment... Challenging for movement

Director (Current Employee)

ProsGreat project teams. Good opportunities for learning multiple functions across a larger team. Decent work-life balance.

ConsSome management lacks people skills. Upward mobility/growth opportunities are a little stunted in the technology tree.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more collaboration and encourage creativity and exploration so that Epsilon can offer more from their existing tools to their existing and new customers. CARE about your people and DON'T gossip... ever. It reflects poorly on you as an individual.

Horrible management, disorganized, no adherence to schedules, high turnover rates

Creative Director (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsThe larger mothership of Epsilon acquired our small boutique shop SolutionSet here in San Francisco last year. Has more of a stable presence now. There are opportunities to move into other accounts.

ConsDue to the high turnover rates, the people moving into management positions have very little training new management titles and more responsibilities with no adherence to the pay structure. The flexible schedule is non-existent, like it had been before.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over

Great Place To Gain Experience

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

Pros1.) Welcoming environment
    2.) Helpful, friendly, & knowledgeable co-workers
    3.) Room for growth & career advancement

Cons1.) Processes differ by account
    2.) Sometimes resources are shared across accounts

Advice to Senior Management1.) Make sure there are enough resources for work before signing off on it.
    2.) Gain the team's approval before implementing new processes

Very educating

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Wakefield, MA (US)

ProsGreat office atmosphere and you learn a lot about databases which are the forefront to most marketing strategies this day.

ConsI don't have anything negative to say.

High stress, no leadership, projects are chaotic

ProsThey pay well, benefits are very good.

ConsThere is no leadership in this organization. Departments and teams have no clear guidance, and all are working on their own agendas. There is no leadership being provided to create a coherent vision, or attempt to get departments and teams to work toward common goals.

There is no attempt to work effectively in cross-departmental teams, or even across teams within the same department. The rank and file employees do try to work to help each other as they can, however politics seems to trump any real efforts to work together.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide some leadership

Great work life balance

ProsDon't work long time. Flexible working hours. Helpful and nice co-workers.

ConsPay is not competitive in the industry. Complex management structure.

Revolving door

Pros401k match is good. stocks... about it

ConsI can't understand a company that would put out consistent large amounts of money to put employees through training and let them go because of the smallest reasons. Without warning too- so be careful when you go in.

Not good business sense and ridiculous amount of that much extra time wasted.

Worked for Epsilon? Contribute to the Community!