Epsilon

Updated 15 December 2014
3.1

Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is said to be important but I think that depends on your supervisor (in 19 reviews)

• Your allowed to work from home when you are sick (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Workload to staff ratio lacks balance, making work/life balance nearly impossible (in 28 reviews)

• The HR team would ask managers to not blame on upper management but tell the employees they got what deserved which is not true (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Good to stay

Current Employee - Associate Statistician in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Associate Statistician in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible working hours. easy interpersonal relationship

Cons

Limited growth to male. Too comfortable

Marketing Sweat shop

Current Employee - Marketing in West Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing in West Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive salary and company looks like an attractive place to work for.

Cons

There is no work/life balance and departments seem to work against each other. Consistently being forced to put work ahead of health and family.

Middle management seems to lack professionalism. I have heard a few talk about employees with other employees and even use obscenities during meetings.

Great Company

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Wakefield, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Wakefield, MA (US)

I worked at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good people and culture. The culture is very relaxed and collaborative. Definitely a great place to work in!

Cons

There aren't too many cons in this company. I would ask about the turn over rate during your interview.

Keep doing what you are doing well. I would suggest increasing the ESPP as well as implement a dividend program for stakeholders and employees moving forward.

Never should have signed the offer letter.

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I worked at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worked from home (good and bad). Benefits were good. I made many connections while working at Epsilon but this is only due to my own efforts. Gym and cafeteria on-site. Most of my coworkers were friendly.

Cons

Lack of training or direction. I watched recorded training videos and did "real-life" case studies for TWO months before receiving a client account. The "real-life" case studies were out of date and did not put me in realistic day-to-day scenarios.
    Management clearly favored certain team members who progressed in their career while other deserving team members received no promotions or raises due to personal bias.
    Management team never evaluated their processes to improve even when employees and clients made suggestions. Rather, they took the constructive criticism personally.
    I was told raises and promotions were not given to any teammates at mid-year reviews and a week later, three team members were promoted.
    Many promotions were given merely based on the amount of time the employee was with the company, not their achievements. Many achievements were hardly recognized.
    Difficult to learn new skills without bothering a very busy employee for one-on-one training. Highly skilled employees are swamped with work while associate-level employees doodle in their corner cubicle.
    No organization of process documentation and helpful client or project docs.
    Below average when referring to competitive salary.
    Job description was very vague and did not match the actual work done by the employee after hire.
    Account allocation is a joke.
    Managers were bending the rules for some and not others (dependent on the manager and team).
    Technology used by heavy lifters was out of date and inefficient.
    Out-of-office team events were not paid for by management or the company (this does not apply to company-wide events).
    *Most, if not all, of these problems start with middle & higher management.

Back to working from home... I, and the rest of my teammates, worked from home the majority of the week which was nice for those with kids and pets but kept the team from collaborating and getting to know each other. I hardly knew most of my teammates.

Get to know your team and their workload. Acknowledge their achievements and make decisions regarding promotions and raises based off of client feedback and hard evidence and not personal bias.

I work for a company that contracts through Epsilon (KPI Connect). One word: TERRIBLE

Current Employee - Agent in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Agent in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Use this company as a stepping stone to a another job for another call center position.

Cons

I don't know where to start. I start working for this company (KPI connect) as a temporary employee and been employed for over six months. Management is completely inept. I mean management only consists of one person and the lead. By my 3rd month working here you can tell the the manager is completely inexperienced and the new lead is extremely timid. This whole company is basic ran by Nurse Racheted (control freak) and her assistant. The majority of my co-workers are afraid to stand up to management. Also we get paid barely above minimum wage and they expect high quality calls! They QA us like crazy like we're getting paid $20 an hour.

To Epsilon: You need to hang around more and see how management treats us! KPI needs new management badly.

How is this company in business?

Former Employee - Director in Irving, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Director in Irving, TX (US)

I worked at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learning potential( self learning/on-job) for new employees or less experienced employees. Good mix of people.

Possibility of landing in position with good title -- Directors and VPs in the company may be in the level of team lead in other companies.

Cons

Politics, no vision, non-standard practices, recruitment of family and friends creating creamy top layer who don't fit the top roles and have no clue, HR policies are driven by few key individual( not at board level)...............................

Hire true professionals with real industry experience and not friends and family for top jobs(applicable to the top job too)
    Fix the void in vision and direction within
    Stop paying incentives to rig the internet with fake good reviews - No short cuts to fix internal issues. Please cultivate a will to fix the issue. When the issues are resolved, employees will write good reviews.
    Re-branding should include rethinking your approach and not spreading false positive messages. It can be off-loading come creamy top layer to reduce the burden on normal employees.
    How is Alliance data voted best employer when this is situation with Epsilon?

Great work life balance

Current Employee - Associate Database Developer in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Database Developer in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

fast paced, forward thinking company

Cons

a little disorganized and hectic

High longevity of current employees, cooperative/mutually-helping work environment

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lafayette, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lafayette, CO (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The Lafayette office still has a small-company feel, as projects and teams are small. Most of the current employees at this location are from the Abacus and Online teams. During busy times, food is often provided for client-support roles, and also for anyone having to work outside of normal business hours for special projects or events.

Lots of opportunities for community-service involvement, including charity fund-raising events, and Habitat for Humanity (for which the company will pay your time off).

Cons

Now a very large company, composed of many different divisions which were formerly separate companies that Epsilon has acquired over the past 8 years. The result is that corporate-level integration of communication and IT infrastructure isn't fully baked yet.

Epsilon is a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Database Developer in Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Database Developer in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Creative, friendly, dedicated, lots of energy, flexible and collaborative work environment. Learned a lot on an intense 2 month system build.

Cons

You really have to put in the time and effort long term in order to be recognized, would think that if the performance and dedication is there, the rewards would come quicker.

Keep the communication open at all levels, love the current direction.

Epsilon IT

Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Wakefield, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Wakefield, MA (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great room for growth. You will never be bored. If you are hardworking and willing to learn, there are virtually no limits to what you can learn.

Cons

The expectations for IT employees are FAR too high. With an outrageous Server to Admin ratio of almost 800:1 the amount of work is almost unattainable for the Admins that we have.

Hire more server Administrators, provide more competitive salaries as well as annual bonuses and raises.