Equifax

www.equifax.com

Equifax Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014
Equifax – West Des Moines – “Datavision now Equifax office 4300 Westown Prkwy”

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith

Rick Smith

Pros
  • They offer flexibility in working conditions, and there is a good work-life balance(in 18 reviews)

• Supportive, Good Benefits with solid products and diversification(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management takes the credit for all the work of the folks the next level down(in 13 reviews)

• lack of transparency from upper management, hard work and talent does not get rewarded(in 8 reviews)

Great place to work

Account Manager (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsTraining, management, opportunity for growth

ConsTedious and monotonous daily work schedule

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more opportunities for education without disruption from work. Option to work from home.

Great when started and then cut opportunity to earn more money. Slashed commission plans & other incentives

ProsFlexible schedule. President is a very smart guy who knows what talking about, but don't think he is aware of how sales team paid.

ConsRemoved large amount of commission opportunity in new pay plans. Meetings about Meetings

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your sales people like standard sales people instead of stating new business will be added to your current book of business, doesn't give us any drive to sell when no extra money to really be earned. Stop having meetings about meetings.

I had a great experience. An overall great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked with some very nice people who have become life long friends. They hire people of quality and morals, not just anyone. My superiors were very fair. The raises came when expected. My hours were flexible and fair. I worked in a fast paced environment where there was plenty of work to be done. I learned a lot of skills while working there. I would definitely still be working there, but being a military family, we had to move.

ConsThe only thing bad I have to say about my experience was that I occasionally had to work on Saturdays. That is really the only thing I didn't like.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company but not an exciting product.

Events & PR Manager (Former Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsI worked in Equifax Spain. I was a well stablished company. Great people and good location.

ConsIt is a hard group to becone a part os. But this is true for anyone not originally from Spain. Very close knit.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to become more internationally mindset.

Equifax is a highly motivated company to provide products and services to meet customer needs. As an industry leader, E

Senior Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThe company goals are communicated from the CEO down and employees are highly motivated to reach them.

ConsThere is limited upward mobility within Equifax.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to look at all levels for candidates for postions. There may be a diamond in the rough.

Great First Job out of College

Production Project Manager (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsLeadership; Working Environment; Support Staff; Extensive Training; Easy to approach management team; More than adequate compensation for the work

ConsPromotions are sometimes difficult to attain; Too much emphasis on Six Sigma following change of upper level management

Overall strong company

ProsDiversification allows for movement within the company. New assets and new perspective is allowing the company to move beyond being just a bureau.

ConsHighly matrixed environment creates bureaucracy and over thinking.

Use the name to get some place worth staying.

Sales (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros- Benefits ... but whoa! to the person who actually uses vacation time! No one is going to help your customers when you're out of the office.

ConsI could give you the whole list but it would be useless. Read the other negative reviews. The people leaving positive reviews are more than likely in management or C-Level Exec's.

After 9 years in sales, I can honestly say the job was a dream when I first started. I cannot come close to saying that now. Over the years the systems have gone from old to antique. And, getting a product added to an account is like pulling your own finger nails out because they keep adding people and steps to the process which make no sense. If one person in Operations is on vacation and they have any responsibility for implementing a product, no set-ups will be complete until that person returns or someone finds a manager who knows what to do. We actually bust it out getting our numbers (which aren't given to us until April or May)only to be told in December the quota is being changed and you did not reach your goals ... NO COMPENSATION FOR YOU!

Oh, and that's another thing. You can bring in $500K in extra revenue YOY and still only be 75% of goal while the goof-off sitting next to you brings in $94K and is 110% of goal. Unrealistic quotas, no equity in compensations, and systemic problems with the processes makes this company a dud.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell your stock and run like rabbits. The competition you have taken for granted has updated systems and offer COMMISSION!

Poor

Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsYou get lots of overtime

ConsThe have unrealistic goals for you to meet for Any kind of bonus and change the things you need to obtain and do to finish an order They don't let you off for any personal or medical reasons.

Bcoming an Extremely Dis-jointed Operation in Ireland

ProsIt used to be a terrific place to work, both over the last number of years it has become lost in its own lies and management, not knowing what it wants from its staff.

ConsOutdated support software
    Outdated Mission statements
    Outdated and non relevant objectives
    Self indulgent management

Advice to Senior ManagementGet clued up to whats going on and not rely on its management to provide truths

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!