Equifax
www.equifax.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Equifax Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014
Equifax – West Des Moines – “Datavision now Equifax office 4300 Westown Prkwy”

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith

Rick Smith

Pros:
  • "They offer flexibility in working conditions, and there is a good work-life balance"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Stable company with good benefits"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "CEO and senior management are bullies and needs a lesson in humility"
    in 12 reviews
  • "lack of transparency from upper management, hard work and talent does not get rewarded"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Equifax is a highly motivated company to provide products and services to meet customer needs. As an industry leader, E

Senior Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe company goals are communicated from the CEO down and employees are highly motivated to reach them.

ConsThere is limited upward mobility within Equifax.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to look at all levels for candidates for postions. There may be a diamond in the rough.

Great First Job out of College

Production Project Manager (Former Employee)
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than a year

ProsLeadership; Working Environment; Support Staff; Extensive Training; Easy to approach management team; More than adequate compensation for the work

ConsPromotions are sometimes difficult to attain; Too much emphasis on Six Sigma following change of upper level management

Overall strong company

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDiversification allows for movement within the company. New assets and new perspective is allowing the company to move beyond being just a bureau.

ConsHighly matrixed environment creates bureaucracy and over thinking.

Forget people - Drive the dollars

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 8 years

ProsLong time stable organization that is in the midst of a refocusing on new data driven solutions. Piles of data both regulated and unregulated for use in developing new services.

ConsThe focus on the bottom line has lead to the "job elimination" of legacy employees (15+ years of service) resulting in a drain on IP that cannot be replaced with younger less expensive associates. The focus on quarter to quarter bottom line has resulted in the changing, after the fact, of the incentive program refusing to pay top performers the $$ they earned under the program. The reasoning being "the program structure was paying out too much for the individual's account portfolio size." Bottom line - people worked their tails off to achieve exceptional results, regardless of their "portfolio size", to improve the EFX bottom line, only to be told that what they thought they earned was determined after the fact to be more than the architects of the plan felt was appropriate.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you create an incentive program, stick to it. Don't change the deal after you see that it will cost you more than you budgeted - after all the only person benefitting from the increased revenue with lower payouts are the senior executives whose performance incentives are tied to overall revenue growth.

Adequate company that may be too diverse with its products for its own good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for less than a year

ProsGood pay, relaxed company culture, friendly employees. There seemed to be room for growth, although management reorganization happened quite frequently.

ConsCompany is so large and has acquired so many different smaller companies that keeping up-to-date with its products is next to impossible. There isn't enough education between departments, so selling these other solutions to clients was confusing and made you look like you didn't know what you were talking about (because most of the time you didn't). If you did manage to sell something other than your main product, getting it implemented is a whole different set of issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen lines of communication between departments so that cross-selling is easier.

Good place to work

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time

ProsProfitable company with clear visibility into your salary and bonus potential

ConsCompany is conservative and slow to invest in new and innovative ideas

Very Disappointed

Account Manager/CRM (Current Employee)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGoing into 2014 there is not a Pro I can think of....other then I still have a job and that is what you will be told. Be happy you have a job!

Cons2014 has started out as a nightmare! I am not sure anyone knows what our goals are for this year. We are into the second quarter of the year and still have no clue what our first quarter goals are. Whoever in this company makes the decision on goals has an issue with letting the employees know what they are until half the year has past. Then when they update the employees of what they are they tell us we did not hit the goal so they don't have to pay any bonuses. We can never count on our goals to remain the same throughout the year as they indicate in the comp. plan that they are subject to change. This change will happen if we are close to hit it or exceed it as they do not want to pay out for our efforts. The main theme with this company is we need to focus on the shareholder bottom line for their payouts. The compensation for your work has decrease by more then 20% over the past 2 years and the benefits cost have increase over 50% in order to make the payout for the shareholders increase year over year as the employees continue to take major pay cuts. Management is being pushed to micromanage their employees or they will not keep their positions. This makes for a very unhappy work place. Top performers are jumping ship like it is on fire.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes! Turn up your hearing aids! This may be a major company but if top performer are leaving at record numbers you are not doing something right. Unless this is your plan to payless $$$ to your employees?

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Equifax

ProsGood pay and benefits, good business model

ConsLacks leadership in some area

This is a Great Place to Work

Clerical (Former Employee)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis is a Great Place to Work

ConsNeed more opportunities for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up good work!

IXI, A division of Equifax – a growth company that is now a wind down

McLean, VA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStill a few dedicated employees that are struggling along and a steady paycheck

ConsBasically Equifax is cutting costs to increase profits without increasing sales at the detriment of long term growth. The IXI president is full of himself but is actually clueless about the business model. Most of the employees are currently looking to leave leading to a lot of attrition.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnless you are fine with a dying business either sell IXI or find new management

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equifax reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Equifax CEO Rick Smith. All 171 reviews are posted anonymously by Equifax employees.