Equifax Reviews

Updated 16 September 2014
2.9

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Pros
  • They offer flexibility in working conditions, and there is a good work-life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Supportive, Good Benefits with solid products and diversification (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management takes the credit for all the work of the folks the next level down (in 13 reviews)

• lack of transparency from upper management, hard work and talent does not get rewarded (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Same job functions and duties from day to day

Current Employee - Unemployment Claims  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Unemployment Claims in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly co-workers. Good work life balance. Job stability

Cons

Little room for advancement due to the fact that management doesn't want to train new employees to fill vacancy.

Encourage employees to advance their careers within the company.

Good company but too US centralized

I have been working at Equifax

Pros

Focused on innovation and operational excellence

Cons

Older employees, no training, little consideration to finance and accounting compared to the other departments

I have benefited from a culture of intelligent execution and meritocracy, working with very intelligent people.

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I get rewarded for delivering on promises and executing projects. Rather than getting blamed for taking risks, I am encouraged to take more. I am surrounded by intelligent people and am encouraged to lead them.

Cons

We do a horrible job of demand management and so we always have more work than we can finish. At times the matrix organization makes it difficult to get things done without significant coordination.

Continue to grow leadership and stop outsourcing so much middle career work to contractors and offshore.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Depressing

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than a year

Pros

I don't have a very long commute and the good cafeteria is good. People are nice but that is it!

Cons

Poor training
    Severely low pay
    Lack of career growth
    Health benefits too expensive

Our department lacks proper training methods. The pay is extremely low along with the bonus. There is no visible career ladder to climb.

Salaries need to match the market rate and there needs to be more attention to employees so they feel their desires to maintain long term employment can be met.

Know What You're Getting In To

Former Employee - Unemployment Insurance Consultant  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Unemployment Insurance Consultant in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work life balance and short hours

Cons

Manager forgot to approve hours several times, weather days were not allowed nor were sick days even if PTO was taken.

Little opportunity for advancement.

I have been working at Equifax

Pros

Some of the most collaborative folks I've worked with.

Cons

Seriously lacking in innovation and opportunities for advancement. So when a great employee maxes out in current role, they leave for more stimulation.

good

I worked at Equifax

Pros

freindly management and employees, new technologies

Cons

limited scope of career progression, unattentive senior management

Growth focused company

Current Employee - Vice President Technology  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President Technology in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people. Strong culture centered around growth and new product innovation. New culture has GE influence brought in from Rick Smith.

Cons

Older technology and legacy systems need upgrading and not a lot of focus on core infrastructure

More focus on innovations that directly benefit clients and profits will take care of themselves.

Great place to work..allows you to utilize a lot of their tools to be successful

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Raleigh, NC (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work environment. Employee friendly, work hard and get noticed for promotions

Cons

Not a lot of jobs offered in certain areas.

Frustrated

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have a job at the moment.

Cons

After years with this company they have managed to decrease pay, increase insurance and demote salary pay to hourly pay. We now have to punch a time clock that is micro-managed to the fullest extent. We are not able to move with out being spied upon from a dictating manager whom i am not sure how remains to keep the position. They say they are flexible with schedules and have gave you the tools to allow this however over the last year the flexibility has been removed little by little. It has been extremely frustrating to begin a career with this company to love and respect it and years later feel used and abused. This has turned into a typical corp. enviornement where you are just a number and the go green means make the employees hate it enough to leave so they can down size through attrition. I have come to believe they can careless if you are happy with this company. It is a political nightmare. FYI most are looking for new employement and will leave in a heartbeat if givin the right opportunity to run.

I am not sure how or why you choose you leaders however I have found that some are less then qualified. You may want to start doing more inhouse survey's of your manager/directors and cleaning house once you view the survey's. Your decisions to go green and overhaul the salary to hourly structure has cause horibble issues with these employees. Talk about a slap in the face! That is an ultimate demotion. Maybe you should do the same for yourself and see how that works out for you! You should take a lesson on treat others as you would like to be treated you may be able to create a more friendly enviornment. The only reason i can see that you would treat your employees so awful would be to lower your cost through "attrition". If this was your goal i believe you are exceeding your goal.

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!