Equity One

Updated 20 November 2014
2.4

David R. Lukes

Great Pay

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Equity One full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team of people to work with the opportunity to grow. Management was very knowledgeable, pretty decent benefits. Company created events to boost morale to keep employees.

Cons

Time there wasn't much flexibility in regards to personal life/emergencies. Tight deadlines with heavy workload that was meant for multiple people. Paperwork heavy without very efficient systems to make the job easier.

Warning: Don't do it.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Equity One (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have great prizes at the annual holiday party. Other than that there aren't much pros.

Cons

They do not promote from within. They are big on micro managing and adding more work on overloaded employees. There is no room for mistakes even with their policies that change all the time and aren't effective. The people that work there are all fake and pretend to like you. The staff is rude and they treat you like crap. The pay and raises suck. They don't give the annual bonuses until after the holidays which most people depend on for the holidays. They have a high turn over. Oh and the person who gave the 5 star review is the human resources director of course she is going to give a good review. But look at her comment. It is all about how they grow their business. ..I'm sorry all I hear is money money money. They don't care about their employees and the employees are all to scared to say anything because they might lose their job. They claim to be a green company but they waste more paper on their stupid policies that don't work.

A little bit of appreciation goes a long way. Positive feedback helps. Try holding onto employees. Give a bonus before the holidays. Stop the negative micro managing and the rude people who think they are big crap. Stop all the unnecessary paperwork. Realize that no one is perfect. Hire more staff so we are actually getting paid for one person job.

Pretty good start, didn't end well.

I worked at Equity One full-time

Pros

Time-off policy was lenient and they allowed flex hours.

Cons

People were promoted when they didn't really have the management or people skills.

Mediocrity

I have been working at Equity One

Pros

Good medical benefits in this economy. Good company to start with and move on since there is not place to go in the future.

Cons

Unprofessional, no positive reinforcement, very hostile office and negativity, everybody is complaining but nothing changes due to fear of loosing their job

To communicate and lead by example.

Not a place I would recommend

Former Employee - Finance in Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Finance in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Equity One full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They provide a thanksgiving lunch

Cons

Unprofessional environment
    No growth opportunity
    Too much turnover
    Upper management lies too much
    Everyone watches when you come and go

Be honest to your employees and give them more credit

Not a relationship-driven firm

I have been working at Equity One full-time

Pros

Compensation is the minimum necessary to achieve a modicum of experience. This is a stepping-stone organization. Anyone considering a job here should make it short-lived.

Cons

People are a commodity, no growth prospects within the firm, and a really poor management from the top down. The new CEO, David Lukes, has poor leadership skills; the firm is lead by fear, not by motivation to improve real estate.

Great place with a wonderful mission; to improve retail real estate in urban communities.

Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Equity One full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoy working with the leadership team as well as each of the employees in all of our regions. Always exciting, dynamic, changing and certainly never boring. As a company we are constantly developing and acquiring new properties for our portfolio. Our financial results were strong in 2013 and continue in 2014.

Cons

Joining any company during growth spurts is great but that's not happening during this economy

I worked at Equity One full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Financially stable and in a good recovery industry

Cons

Horrible bosses, do not promote from within

Never micro-manage your employees. Listen to and hear what they have to say. Promote from within