Eurofins Scientific

Updated Apr 05, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gilles G. Martin

Nice and everyday is challenging

Maintenance & IT Support Team (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice Atmosphere and nice place to work with.

ConsNot much downsides but no one should have more expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to grow still more around the world with the best output what customer needs .

Good Company if Learning and Growth is your priority

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Bangalore

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time for more than a year

ProsLearning opportunity, growth, travel, free food and free transport.

1. Company is growing constantly (both globally and in India) and there are exciting new product developments are in progress.

2. There are lot of new technologies introduced and constantly challenged at work

3. Good travel opportunities.

Cons- Facilities are not great.
- Benefits are mediocre.
- Some of the policies are not very clear, but thats very trivial.
- HR team is too new.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more branding work to showcase Branding

Only componsation is good rest is bad.. Arogant people manage everything.

ProsGood Compensation and Free cabs
Senior management is good specially IT head and HR.

ConsRegion based politics.
Some immature junior resources given responsibility of managing team since manager was not so efficient specially agroscience. This brings down the overall team morale.
Food is pathetic but it is free..
Some senior people try to change the cab routes.
Some managers feel that are very good in process even though they have very limited knowledge.
People who shout more considered are people with good knowledge in agroscience.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people with experience to handle the team. Immatured people are making it a mess and making others unhappy about the company and team.

Great place to work with outstanding growth opportunities.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe strategy is good and company is growing real fast. There's always something to learn. Compensation is very good! EITS employees are awesome and have made it worth working here.

ConsKnowledge sharing is limited, No long term onsite opportunities..

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good job. Make your employees more accountable and independent.. Support new talents.

Great Work Environment , Exciting New Projects, Friendly Management

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking here for about 6 months, and i find most of the new projects quite exciting. Most projects are related to LIMS and interface with Robotic devices. It's not Maintenance projects like what we get in Infy or wipro. People are constantly rotated between new projects to ensure skills are utilized properly. Trainings and international travels are encouraged. Lots of team outings and dinners.
Mostly, all staffs are pampered. Management is very open and friendly. They take feedbacks positively and encourage employees to be vocal - This along makes me quite happy to work here.

ConsUnknown brand in Indian Market.
Location is in Varthur Kodi, whitefield.
The Tech Park where Eurofins is situated is a little old. However i heard they are moving to SEZ next year which should resolve this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work of encouraging the feedbacks and taking actions.
Have more TownHalls.
Change the food vendor.

Filthy Restrooms, 10 year old technology and Employee Unfriendly policies

Tech Lead (Current Employee)

ProsCabs, Free food (Not good) and friendly people
Short time onsites.
Good pay.

ConsPlease do not join this company. There is no transparency. They tell that job in advanced technologies and after joining you will see that is in very old technologies like classic ASP, VB6 etc. Please be very care full joining in Bangalore location. Also it has filthy rest rooms equivalent to one in bus stands.
Those who go to short term onsite need to serve company for another 10 months even the onsite is for 2 weeks. Otherwise need to payback the onsite expenditure back to company.
No understanding of what we are going to work.
Employee unfriendly, no work from home policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a transparency on what exactly employees work. and about the policies
Please introduce employee friendly policy instead of the unrealistic travel policy.
Also, note that employees stay in a company based on trust and not based on restricted policies.

Great company

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time

ProsNew labs, nice work place

ConsHeavy work load and flex work time

No upward mobility, with low wages and poor management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eurofins Scientific

ProsNice people work at Eurofins. Most of the people there are doing their job everyday and working hard to support their families.

ConsVery poor management. Low pay. No promotions. Overwork and underpay employees. Do not deal with personnel issues, so problems increase over time. Very rarely does Management discipline employees when rules are broken, even when it's an HR issues. Managers mistreat or talk down to employees regularly because they were never trained to be managers. Most of the mangers are a good scientists, but very poor at managing people. Some employees often break the rules and are not fired, which upsets the other employees. Employees are expected to work long hours and most departments are understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance needs great improvement. Pay people a more realistic salary. Resolve personnel issues instead of ignoring them to avoid additional problems in the future so you can do a better job of retaining your more highly motivated workers. Show people they are valued with promotions or even small raises. Follow HR protocols and discipline employees who do not follow the Employee Handbook.

It had its up and downs, great company but management needed help.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eurofins Scientific

ProsGreat people to work with in the lab as well as in corporate.

ConsThe managers had no idea how to manage the people or how to help make sure you understood your work.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs more training on how to manage people and less on how to micromanage the department.

Fantastic experience, exceptional employees. This is truly an excellent place to work

Laboratory Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Eurofins Scientific full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe Company believed in me right from the beginning and within 18 months allowed me to implement suggestions to increase productivity and profits. They did, I did and we did!

ConsOur off-site managers for our site, being so very busy at their jobs too, used the basic trend that if you are good at your job/position and there are no problems, leave you alone to continue. It would mean so much more if every once in a while there was an Atta-boy/girl vs only contacting us when there is a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementI guess I would have to say, again, it would mean so much if every once in a while there was an Atta-boy/girl. Everyone likes to be reminded they are appreciated as an employee. It lifts their spirits, gives them a since they are also important to the Company. They will work harder to keep the Company successful. Thank you

Worked for Eurofins Scientific? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eurofins Scientific reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Eurofins Scientific CEO Gilles G. Martin. All 25 reviews are posted anonymously by Eurofins Scientific employees.