Evercore Partners

Add Photos

Evercore Partners President and CEO Ralph L. Schlosstein

Ralph L. Schlosstein

Great Firm

ProsGreat culture, great compensation, high-profile deal flow/

ConsDont want to work here forever.

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEntrepreneurial culture, lean deal teams, and great work/life balance

ConsSome of the managers aren't the nicest guys around.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your junior employees a little more.

Good Experience with good benefits

ProsGood benefits, good culture. Good work life balance

Consbecame too big too fast

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work in

Prosgood place to learn; nice colleaugues; competitive and inspiring

Constoo much biz trip for employees

Average work to place

Manager (Former Employee) Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

ProsGood balance between work and life

ConsLack of ambition of the general managers

It's okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree breakfast,
    IT is super cool

ConsSuper stiff crowd, won't even know your name

The Mexico City office needs rehabilitation and integration with Evercore global

Analyst (Current Employee) Mexico City (Mexico)

ProsExposure to leading economic thinkers in Mexico. Very intelligent coworkers. Learned about public finance in Mexico.

ConsNo chance to interact with other offices/projects worldwide. The Mexican company Protego was acquired by Evercore but they basically just changed the logo. Most people still refer to the company as Protego.

One HR person for the entire office. This means no training/professional development. The HR rep is strictly for hiring/benefits.

No documentation/knowledge management/project management processes. This means every project starts from scratch. Lots of brain drain because people leave. Habitually late on deadlines (part of Mexico in general). We were actually calling former employees for help. People's idea of knowledge management is printing a prior project and putting it on a bookshelf.

Unreal amount of time in the office. People don't care what you get done, they just want to see butts in seats. Work-from-home/flex time is unheard of. If you have to finish something for a Monday deadline they ask you to come in on Saturday instead of doing it on your laptop from anywhere.

Barebones IT resources (i.e. we make diagrams all the time but don't have MS Visio, we don't have MS project). This is not an NGO and we could afford to have this software.

No upward mobility. Analysts are undergrads, some have master's. Then they all leave for a PhD or go work for the government. You can't stay and work your way up to a management position - there are no "middle positions."

Advice to Senior ManagementYou acquired Protego but haven't done anything to make it better. Sometimes it feels like we are just spinning our wheels in Mexico. Swap some managers so that there is more cross-collaboration and help us feel included in the larger organization. Not exaggerating when I say that all that happened was that they changed the logo. I have no idea what people do in other Evercore offices worldwide.

Great prestigious boutique investment bank to work for if you're ok with the lifestyle

M&A Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsHigh-profile M&A assignments, prestigious (and improving) brand recognition. Still small enough to build true relationships with SMDs/Partners and learn from some of the best/most respected senior bankers on Wall St. Pays better than the big banks.

ConsTypical i-banking lifestyle if not worse (because senior people count on you more). Minimum training and HR practice (although improving). Not as recognizable outside of the finance community.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to invest more into your jr. people, especially associates to help them grow.

Operations

Operations Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsBoutique investment bank located in NYC with other divisions located in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington DC with a great reputation in the investment banking world.

ConsI'm not sure of how the promoting works in NYC, but the branch offices don't offer any room for promotion.

Fast pace and intense environment with a lot of late nights, but overall a great experience

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat mentors, high level exposure to senior management, active participation encouraged, working in teams, ability to take on additional responsibility above your current level, incredible learning environment

ConsLate hours, stressful deadlines, some senior level employees aren't always considerate, always need to be responsive on your mobile device and be prepared to cancel prior engagements for last minute fire drills, 5 pm Friday staffing assignments, 6-7 day a week work schedule

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Worked for Evercore Partners? Contribute to the Community!