Evercore Partners

Evercore Partners President and CEO Ralph L. Schlosstein

Ralph L. Schlosstein

Good Experience with good benefits

I have been working at Evercore Partners

ProsGood benefits, good culture. Good work life balance

Consbecame too big too fast

Good place to work in

I have been working at Evercore Partners part-time

Prosgood place to learn; nice colleaugues; competitive and inspiring

Constoo much biz trip for employees

Average work to place

Manager (Former Employee)
Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I worked at Evercore Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsGood balance between work and life

ConsLack of ambition of the general managers

It's okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree breakfast,
IT is super cool

ConsSuper stiff crowd, won't even know your name

The Mexico City office needs rehabilitation and integration with Evercore global

Analyst (Current Employee)
Mexico City (Mexico)

I have been working at Evercore Partners full-time for less than a year

ProsExposure to leading economic thinkers in Mexico. Very intelligent coworkers. Learned about public finance in Mexico.

ConsNo chance to interact with other offices/projects worldwide. The Mexican company Protego was acquired by Evercore but they basically just changed the logo. Most people still refer to the company as Protego.

One HR person for the entire office. This means no training/professional development. The HR rep is strictly for hiring/benefits.

No documentation/knowledge management/project management processes. This means every project starts from scratch. Lots of brain drain because people leave. Habitually late on deadlines (part of Mexico in general). We were actually calling former employees for help. People's idea of knowledge management is printing a prior project and putting it on a bookshelf.

Unreal amount of time in the office. People don't care what you get done, they just want to see butts in seats. Work-from-home/flex time is unheard of. If you have to finish something for a Monday deadline they ask you to come in on Saturday instead of doing it on your laptop from anywhere.

Barebones IT resources (i.e. we make diagrams all the time but don't have MS Visio, we don't have MS project). This is not an NGO and we could afford to have this software.

No upward mobility. Analysts are undergrads, some have master's. Then they all leave for a PhD or go work for the government. You can't stay and work your way up to a management position - there are no "middle positions."

Advice to Senior ManagementYou acquired Protego but haven't done anything to make it better. Sometimes it feels like we are just spinning our wheels in Mexico. Swap some managers so that there is more cross-collaboration and help us feel included in the larger organization. Not exaggerating when I say that all that happened was that they changed the logo. I have no idea what people do in other Evercore offices worldwide.

Great prestigious boutique investment bank to work for if you're ok with the lifestyle

M&A Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Evercore Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsHigh-profile M&A assignments, prestigious (and improving) brand recognition. Still small enough to build true relationships with SMDs/Partners and learn from some of the best/most respected senior bankers on Wall St. Pays better than the big banks.

ConsTypical i-banking lifestyle if not worse (because senior people count on you more). Minimum training and HR practice (although improving). Not as recognizable outside of the finance community.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to invest more into your jr. people, especially associates to help them grow.

Operations

Operations Associate (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Evercore Partners full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBoutique investment bank located in NYC with other divisions located in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington DC with a great reputation in the investment banking world.

ConsI'm not sure of how the promoting works in NYC, but the branch offices don't offer any room for promotion.

Fast pace and intense environment with a lot of late nights, but overall a great experience

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Evercore Partners

ProsGreat mentors, high level exposure to senior management, active participation encouraged, working in teams, ability to take on additional responsibility above your current level, incredible learning environment

ConsLate hours, stressful deadlines, some senior level employees aren't always considerate, always need to be responsive on your mobile device and be prepared to cancel prior engagements for last minute fire drills, 5 pm Friday staffing assignments, 6-7 day a week work schedule

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

It could be worse...it could be a lot better

Administrative/Executive Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Evercore Partners

ProsCompensation is decent if you know what to ask for from the beginning - salary with overtime, bonus minimum, etc.
Benefits are competitive+

Cons- EXTREMELY poor HR department though recent changes relating to HR management shows some promise. Change is slow.
- Fear of retribution prevents many employees from reporting unfair treatment or other issues.
- Very poor communication from the top to the bottom.
- Senior management at Evercore expects personal work to be completed by their assistants. This ranges from very small tasks to large projects dealing with family and outside interests. This work is sometimes personally compensated by the individual manager around the holidays but often times it isn't. Again, fear of retribution prevents many employees from tackling this problem despite being overtaxed and ethically conflicted.

Mexico office underpaid and no repect from seniors

Associate (Former Employee)
Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I worked at Evercore Partners

ProsTechnical competence and name recognition

ConsSenior management have serious emotional problems, like to bully around

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees

Worked for Evercore Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Evercore Partners reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Evercore Partners CEO Ralph L. Schlosstein. All 12 reviews are posted anonymously by Evercore Partners employees.