ExamWorks

Updated 17 February 2015
2.5

ExamWorks CEO and Director James K. (Jim) Price
James K. (Jim) Price

Work as an independent contractor for this company

I have been working at ExamWorks

Pros

Very professional company who strives to provide excellent service and accommodates your needs.

Cons

Not part of their payroll

Not so -day

I have been working at ExamWorks

Pros

Nice co-workers; office is well kept; work isn't hard if you're familiar with the industry; in house training if necessary; nice amount of PTO

Cons

very numbers driven; don't care about quality only quantity; not flexible with office hrs; no set guidelines anything goes on any given day leaves room for a lot of error

Listen to the employees more and there will be less issues in the future.

If I could give ZERO stars I would!! RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!

Former Employee - Clinical Quality Assurance in Rockford, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Clinical Quality Assurance in Rockford, IL (US)

I worked at ExamWorks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not having to work holidays or weekends ... wait a moment ... you have to do that so that's not a Pro. Being able to work from home as was discussed during the interview ... wait another moment ... nope can't do that either because they just don't feel like it's in the company's best interest never mind that productivity and quality are better when workers are able to work from home. Only possible "pro" would be stock options that I was given that are no longer offered. However, the stock option only makes up for the low salaries provided. Sooo ... yeah can't come up with a pro.

Cons

I worked there for just over a year and a half and ended up in the hospital twice and had multiple doctor appointments for panic disorder only diagnosed AFTER starting to work there. The supervisor and management styles have been described as "psycho-terror." Don't even think about having to go to the bathroom too often. Don't talk to your co-workers in the bathroom or the lunch area because you're listened to there and what you say is relayed to management. All communication between management and workers have a punitive feel about them. Micro-managing is a common practice and the only way they know how to do things.

Stop posting fake positive reviews to offset the multiple real reviews of the place. Let your employees talk to the higher-ups so they can get a real feel of what's going on and why the turn over is so high. When I left, most of the employees were looking for other work and ready to leave if another opportunity presented itself.

Good company.

I worked at ExamWorks

Pros

Opportunities are possible with determination.

Cons

Self determination is a key to success!

Be afraid, be very afraid....

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at ExamWorks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro is that they buy the office a cheap buffet lunch once a month. 900 shares of stock options if you are lucky.
    Some nice coworkers.

Cons

Easily the worst place I have ever worked. This place should be avoided as it has the most arrogant, least trained management in the insurance industry.

Each manager should be required to read "Management for Dummies" two times,

Toxic Environment

Former Employee - Clinical Quality Assurance Coordinator in Rockford, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Clinical Quality Assurance Coordinator in Rockford, IL (US)

I worked at ExamWorks

Pros

Great coworkers that pitched in when needed. Working remotely, when allowed, was nice. However, this was regularly taken away from the entire team for no apparent reason.
    Potential opportunity for growth.

Cons

Micromanagement from supervisor and upper management (particularly the GM). Communication was usually punitive in nature. "Secretive environment" regarding all changes in the work process.
    Many employees expressed concern that they would be fired if they were sick, had to schedule a doctor's appointment during the day, or requested too much vacation time.
    Turnover is very high.

Clean house with much of the supervisory staff, especially the GM. Put a HR rep in all offices.
    This could be an amazing place to work if a positive work environment was provided; however, this will never happen with the current management.

IME Coordinator

Former Employee - IME Coordinator in Syosset, NY (US)
    Former Employee - IME Coordinator in Syosset, NY (US)

I worked at ExamWorks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You're coworkers will become your best friends. Very good benefits.

Cons

Unrealistic demands by management. Micro-management. People actually had mirrors on their desk to know when the bosses were walking around. Average turn-around is 2-3 years. Anybody there long is in the pocket of management or too scared to leave.

Tare a few minutes to treat employees with respect and they would not leave after 2-3 years.

It could be worse!

I have been working at ExamWorks full-time

Pros

The people I have met (both in my office and other offices) have been great. Our clients are wonderful to work with and when there is a problem, both sides are willing to admit that they made a mistake.

Cons

There is some discord between upper management and the rest of the staff. Being a step between the two gives a unique perspective that most don't see. While there are problems with how situations and personnel are handled, everyone is doing their best (we are all human!).

Management needs to put more faith into the teams and the managers of those teams to do what is right. They all have quality employees but faith is hardly given and sorely deserved.

Extreme Corporate Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at ExamWorks full-time

Pros

Excellent environment for learning how to function in a very high speed work place. The days fly by due to how busy you are. good benefits and training ground for working in an extremely corporate environment.

Cons

People are pushed to work beyond their capacity to think straight. This is a numbers driven environment. Team work is verbally hyped, but not actually cultivated.

The product is the same across the board.. the doctors are all the same. The ONLY thing that can set you apart from competitors is customer service. Overworked and frustrated staff comes through in the quality of work and the voice on the phone. Keep this in mind when you are paying people wages that keep them in the poverty level while working them like mules.