FMC

FMC Chairman, President, and CEO Pierre Brondeau

Pierre Brondeau

Don't work here!

Clerical (Former Employee)

ProsNo pros for me, I couldn't get out of here fast enough. Lots of issues with "cliques" and favoritism. Since my departure, perhaps something has changed. I certainly hope so.

ConsI was led to believe that this company cares about environmental issues, they don't. I'm glad I was able to find another job, this place just wasn't for me.

Owners of company-terrible.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLoved the office that I worked at and the employees. If it wasn't for the owners and the upper management even thought about leaving the company.

ConsOwners/Upper Management-poor overall. If it wasn't for the owners and the upper management even thought about leaving the company. Poor attitude, poor judgement.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit

Poor work place

Teamleader (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI (US)

ProsBig company that can have a lot to offer

ConsPoor management - more intreased in the money less in patient safty

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that can identify talent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat aspects working with the management.

ConsLong work days that went into the weekends

Changing company with some bad corporate departments to work in.

ProsThe company as a whole has a lot going on. However, a lot of that has turned out to not be good.

ConsSome departments are great to work in, but not Tax. HR is not on your side, they only support management. Employees get fired for speaking up and out. Multiple former employees have sued for wrongful termination. Work hours have gotten to be insane. Management can be quite rude. There are also several questionable ethical things going on.

Also, leadership has lied multiple times to the company. They also have turned into too corporate and making a quick profit. The selling and splitting off of assets is starting to get concerning

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees. Follow the ethical standards you promote. Worry about the product and not making a quick profit. Focus on the employees.

A good place to work!!!

ProsWork Life balance is really good.

ConsNot many IT people to share/discuss opinions.

If you are looking for a big company that acts like a big company, this is your place

Help Desk Support Specialist (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsBig company resources
    Lot's of locations around the country

ConsActs like a large company

Advice to Senior ManagementAct more like a smaller company, move quicker.

Good people to work with.

IT Infrastructure Intern (Former Employee) Green River, WY (US)

ProsGood co-workers. High pay for an intern.

ConsSomewhat repetitive job assignments. No opportunity for summer internship to become full-time.

Great place to work in

ProsGreat colleagues that are helpful to each other

ConsToo many processes that are implemented without everyone knowing.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore hands on

OK company overall, it all depends on the department

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsPretty good benefits. The company is doing well, so the risk of a layoff is low. They are active in their pursuit of ethical values. The tuition benefit has no limit, although it is taxed after the IRS limit. The company is also active in their pursuits.

ConsThey lack training in certain areas, like no one will give you formal training for the SAP system. It's all learn on the fly. If you have an issue, HR is not on your side, they clearly side with management. Two employees get retaliated against and fired, and the manager who was the harasser got off scot-free. Other than that, how you are treated and the opportunities you have all depend on the department you are in and who you work for. Some have it great and the sky is the limit for opportunities, others are not and filled with dead-end jobs. Not everyone has the opportunity to move up. Also, it is very dysfunctional, as different departments, divisions and subsidiaries function on their own and not in congruence with the rest of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain people better and offer them more opportunities to help the company. Listen and speak to them more. Be more proactive in using new technologies for the office staff and training people to get them up to speed. Teach them about all the other processes at the company, and make sure they feel connected to everything else that goes on. Also, come up with a better PTO system that is more fair to them employees.

Worked for FMC? Contribute to the Community!