Facebook

Facebook Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg

Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you(in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location(in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance(in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life(in 24 reviews)

excellent company

Prosgood working environment.
    good work ethics.
    great salary
    balanced life
    better projects

Consnot so good middle level management

nice company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood working environment.
    good work ethics.
    great salary
    balanced life
    better projects

Consnot so good middle level management

Advice to Senior Managementlook after employees

Mixed

ProsGreat perks, reasonable degree of autonomy, a culture of moving fast.

ConsUnreasonable organizational walls. Like someone said, "sales trumps ops, marketing trumps sales, product trumps marketing and engineering trumps product." while these decision making hierarchies are OK in some contexts, they are quite unreasonable in most.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus carefully on where decision making sits. There is too much centralization today.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

excellent

Prosi like it very much

Conssometimes it is boring to me

Incredibly challenging and rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsYour rate of personal growth will be astounding. You will rub shoulders with the very best and you will have the ability to learn from, and contribute across a wide range of competencies, and pick up several new skills and solve challenges you never thought you could.

You are working on fresh cutting edge problems, wherever you work in the company, and the enthusiasm and cheer is really amazing, and fires you up !

People work really hard. Very little corporate politics. People will go to any extent to assist you with anything you are doing. People will be usually seen debating wide-ranging subjects that affect the World all over campus.

ConsThe learning curve tapers off after your first two years unless you are in roles that offer you immense elbow room (such as myself) - The opportunities to rectify this are there nevertheless.

Sometimes, the frenzy of belief in product borders on cult status, with designers, engineers and product teams residing in proverbial ivory towers, oblivious to pains of the World outside Menlo Park, CA

Hiring standards are dropping slightly, principles are compromised upon ! Newsfeed itself is now a place where ads are shown. Monetization has suddenly propped up from nowhere, where all it would have taken for us to have a better performance in the markets , would have been for Mark to have taken the IPO more seriously.

The satellite offices ( India for example) are often seen as poor second cousins with respect to everything. They don't command the automatic respect that a designer in Menlo Park would.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure a much more solid career path now for individuals (doesn't have to be ala McKinsey) and let go of the "Jungle Gym" narrative. It is accepted now that we are a company that is unlike any other, and the "Jungle Gym" philosophy is already old hat. We know that we have those opportunitites, but it really is disheartening when two or three different teams end up claiming advantages for the same piece of achievement. ( Advertiser growth for example) - I can't elaborate more publicly.

The respective teams should know that they have to understand their pure, distilled philosophy for why they themselves are working on things, and learn as much as possible before "silo-ing" themselves in the pursuit of solutions that do not work.

Awesome place to work

User Operations Specialist (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsWe work with some of the best brains in the industry and also get to interact with highly learned and experienced people. Work culture is awesome.

ConsFree food and calories :)

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be open and help in maintaining the flat org culture

very good work experience with a brilliant environment

Beta Tester (Current Employee) New Delhi

Proslearn work and grow with the best social site in the world

Conspost IPO, facebook's company rating and compensation benefits are going down

I love to work in facebook

Mastrmind (Current Employee) Bhubaneswar

ProsBest employement servise and most rigidious time flexible. Good for healthanyway!

ConsSlow network conection and the confusion in timeline. work on it to do better fb..

Advice to Senior ManagementWork On timeline.

Evaluation of my work experience..........

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mumbai

Prosits a rocking company and fun to work there............

ConsThere are some loopholes which are needed to be look after........

Advice to Senior Managementthey are doing a fine job.......

fine and also very satisfy

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Chennai

Proscreative co workers and employer

Consfast lifestyle and a little stressful

Advice to Senior Managementyou are doing a fine job

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!