Facebook Reviews

Updated 25 August 2014

4.3

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you (in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Satisfied Ex-Employee

Former Employee - Specialist, Global Marketing Solutions  in  Hyderābād
    Former Employee - Specialist, Global Marketing Solutions in Hyderābād

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work culture. They literally move fast. Things get done very quickly. People are helpful, and some of the best people you'll meet.

Cons

The ambiguity in work sometimes gets to you. No career path, and proper mentoring that you can claim. Everything with regards to personal or career development is laden with jargon and hyperbole in discussions. Things like "you have to move to the next level" are what you'll hear, but not how to.

Please listen to employees about career paths, and do something for everyone who works for you. If you let people go because you have decided to downsize in the back-offices, even though they are stellar performers, you aren't really living up to your values.

The brilliance of Facebook community power

Former Employee - Intern  in  New Delhi
    Former Employee - Intern in New Delhi

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Apart from the obvious salary perks and the added benefits. The best reason is you get to work on something you like, also the sense of significance and contribution. The code is shipped sometimes in a week and even in three days. There's no next year here.

Cons

Though there is this sense of contribution, working in facebook soon begins to take its toil on you. There is hardly any time left for doing anything else and the projects at work are often so complicated that they occupy your mind long after you have left the office.

The tricky questions are fun but I think are unnecessary

excellent company

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

good working environment.
    good work ethics.
    great salary
    balanced life
    better projects

Cons

not so good middle level management

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

nice company

I worked at Facebook as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

good working environment.
    good work ethics.
    great salary
    balanced life
    better projects

Cons

not so good middle level management

look after employees

Mixed

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

Great perks, reasonable degree of autonomy, a culture of moving fast.

Cons

Unreasonable organizational walls. Like someone said, "sales trumps ops, marketing trumps sales, product trumps marketing and engineering trumps product." while these decision making hierarchies are OK in some contexts, they are quite unreasonable in most.

Focus carefully on where decision making sits. There is too much centralization today.

excellent

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

i like it very much

Cons

sometimes it is boring to me

Incredibly challenging and rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Your rate of personal growth will be astounding. You will rub shoulders with the very best and you will have the ability to learn from, and contribute across a wide range of competencies, and pick up several new skills and solve challenges you never thought you could.

You are working on fresh cutting edge problems, wherever you work in the company, and the enthusiasm and cheer is really amazing, and fires you up !

People work really hard. Very little corporate politics. People will go to any extent to assist you with anything you are doing. People will be usually seen debating wide-ranging subjects that affect the World all over campus.

Cons

The learning curve tapers off after your first two years unless you are in roles that offer you immense elbow room (such as myself) - The opportunities to rectify this are there nevertheless.

Sometimes, the frenzy of belief in product borders on cult status, with designers, engineers and product teams residing in proverbial ivory towers, oblivious to pains of the World outside Menlo Park, CA

Hiring standards are dropping slightly, principles are compromised upon ! Newsfeed itself is now a place where ads are shown. Monetization has suddenly propped up from nowhere, where all it would have taken for us to have a better performance in the markets , would have been for Mark to have taken the IPO more seriously.

The satellite offices ( India for example) are often seen as poor second cousins with respect to everything. They don't command the automatic respect that a designer in Menlo Park would.

Ensure a much more solid career path now for individuals (doesn't have to be ala McKinsey) and let go of the "Jungle Gym" narrative. It is accepted now that we are a company that is unlike any other, and the "Jungle Gym" philosophy is already old hat. We know that we have those opportunitites, but it really is disheartening when two or three different teams end up claiming advantages for the same piece of achievement. ( Advertiser growth for example) - I can't elaborate more publicly.

The respective teams should know that they have to understand their pure, distilled philosophy for why they themselves are working on things, and learn as much as possible before "silo-ing" themselves in the pursuit of solutions that do not work.

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - User Operations Specialist  in  Hyderābād
    Current Employee - User Operations Specialist in Hyderābād

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

We work with some of the best brains in the industry and also get to interact with highly learned and experienced people. Work culture is awesome.

Cons

Free food and calories :)

Continue to be open and help in maintaining the flat org culture

very good work experience with a brilliant environment

Current Employee - Beta Tester  in  New Delhi
    Current Employee - Beta Tester in New Delhi

I have been working at Facebook part-time for more than a year

Pros

learn work and grow with the best social site in the world

Cons

post IPO, facebook's company rating and compensation benefits are going down

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!