Facebook Reviews

Updated 14 September 2014
4.4

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you (in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people, fast-paced and never a dull moment

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We hire great people - which makes coming into work so much easier. There are always a number of career opportunities for high-performers if you want a new challenge. I have a lot of respect for senior management. The direction of the company is strong.

Cons

It's very MPK-centric. While it is a global company and cares for global growth, it can be harder to get your voice heard from a remote office. Global benefits are also not in-line with benefits of the US. That said, the benefits are still pretty stellar.

OK to

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

High pay worth low demands

Cons

No time of an needed

New rules and quot the digs

Engineer, Infra team Menlo Park, CA

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked in half a dozen companies in my career and this is definitely one of the top two. I suspect I will rate FB #1 by next year. The work is intellectually challenging, the environment is fast-paced, and the people I work with are excellent. FB has its eye on the ball at all times for its core platform yet is always looking at other opportunities for growth, though they may take several years to bear fruit. Management is open and accessible, particularly the weekly Q&A's with MZ and the leadership team - I've never experienced senior executives sharing that much information with an entire company before. Colleagues are easy to work with - not a lot of ego or politics that I've seen. In fact, we are reminded to check our ego as we enter the building - there is a lot of cooperation here.
    The benefits & perks are really amazing - I don't think college hires or interns truly appreciate what is offered here unless they have worked for other employers. (You can never take these things for granted, so I really appreciate these perks.) And the total compensation structure seems very competitive - they have many dials and buttons to play with, and I feel I am well-compensated for my contributions.
    The commute benefits are excellent, and make it really easy to use transit, shuttles or vanpools. Driving to work is just so stressful, both ways. I'd really rather not.

Cons

Long hours away from home, due to my own commute situation and long working hours. But since I've only been here less than a year, it's important to show results early. The learning curve is steep and the bar is set very high, so it will be easy to separate the productive from the not-very-productive in a short timeline.

Wander around more often to individual offices to get a good reading on people and their issues.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineering  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get lots of responsibility, freedom to pursue what you want to and have high impact. Great place to work.. free food and swag

Cons

Getting bigger. Remote offices not as much as fun as headquarters in menlo park.

blah

Best place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Completely open environment, There are no secret projects or anything like that.
    - Friendly and caring people.
    - HUGE impact

Cons

- Office food is really good, can make you fat :-/

Inspiring internship experience

Former Employee - Facebook U  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Facebook U in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Interns are well treated with challenging and meaningful projects, amazing perks, housing, transportation, free food. talented, fun and hardworking colleagues. In addition, over the summer, we received famous political figures such as Hilary Clinton , Malala Yousafzai, Buzz Aldrin.

Cons

Sometimes, the projects can be challenging which may result in short nights of sleep (5-6 hours) and if you are interested in business and engineering, it may be hard to be exposed to both at the same time due to the scale of the company.

N/A

The best company ever

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The work environment is amazing with extremely talented and helpful people around. You get to choose what you are passionate about and want to work on. You can get to make huge impact right from the first week at work. The learning curve at Facebook is still strongly up and to the right. The compensation and perks are very competitive. The free food and free laundry are the best in my opinion.

Cons

The work environment is pretty competitive and have to work extremely hard to stay on top. This can lead to longer work hours and a little more stress.

The management has to work hard to maintain the open and connected culture as the company grows.

Worked on very exciting problems with very smart people.

Former Employee - Intern - Monthly  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Intern - Monthly in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You are working on a very interesting problems, which actually affect more than a billion people. You also learn a lot from people around you.

Cons

For me team meetings were not very productive, and I didn't feel I understood half of the stuff my teammates were talking about.

Dedicate more time on explaining high level view of what everyone is working on, so that interns have better view of the product they're working on.

Great Internship!

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The engineers here are awesome people. Incredibly helpful and caring about the interns, very driven to make sure the interns succeed.

Cons

Lots of pressure. As intern, they expect you to perform at a level of full-time engineer by the end of your 12 weeks, so this is not an internship to take if you want a joy-ride.

Let the interns have more collaborative projects.

Fast and open.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Moving very fast allowing making you feel better about what you've done.
    - Product is shipped so often that your work is much more impactful.
    - It's a very open company that puts a lot of trust in it's engineers. Even interns have a lot of power that could be easily abused but we don't want to lose that trust so no one abuses it.
    - You have occasion to work with super smart people from the industry.
    - Even it's no longer startup it still has this feeling about it.
    - It's not all about the money.
    - Food is great! Snacks and drinks too :)

Cons

- Because company is small comparing to the number of users we have sometimes there's a lot of work.
    - If you are not a minority you can sometimes feel discriminated here but I think it's a trend everywhere.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!