Facebook Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated 26 August 2014

4.3

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you (in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

330 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Best job I've ever had

Current Employee - Content Writer  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Content Writer in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

There isn't enough space to write them all. You work with the best, smartest, most interesting people in the world. You are working on problems that can touch over 1 billion people. If we don't have the tools we need to do something, we make them, then do what we wanted to do. I've never worked at a place that so inspiring, creative, and FUN as this one. I've been here for over a year and I am STILL not upset when it's Monday and I have to go back to work.

Cons

Sometimes it can be frustrating when you want to work on something, but have to prioritize something else that's higher impact. Luckily my manager works with me to ensure that I always have some time allocated to what I'm passionate about.

You're doing a fantastic job. The fact that you've been able to scale this culture as well as you have is a true testament to how much you love it here as well.

Lots to learn from great people. Especially if this is your first job.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities. Especially if this is your first job. The best part is I'd say the move fast culture. It feels very much like a start up, along with the perks and benefits of working in a big company. Also, you'll get better guidance here, from more experienced colleagues as compared to a startup. The company values like "Nothing at Facebook is someone else's problem" and the fact that they're actually put into practice make it an awesome place to work. :D Even breaking things is a good experience to have! Last but not the least, the free food, the swag, the awesome campus, the hackathons and all other perks!

Cons

Sometimes you may not get work you like. But that wouldn't be the case for jobs I guess, because of Bootcamp. I was just an intern. So no bootcamp for me.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very positive atmosphere that challenges you, good camaraderie between workers. Very competitive compensation and benefits.

Cons

Demanding job if you want to advance; requires long hours.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best workplace if you really want to get things done!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

- You are measured and rewarded on impact and not the other usual factors such as your relationship with manager or how many hours you have to work
    - Great open culture where you can question anything and anyone. You are encouraged to take risks in order to achieve something bigger.
    - Great place for mentorship - bootcamp is amazing way to understand company culture, build relationships and get exposure to various technologies. Beyond that there are tons of individuals that you just need to ask and they will help you in every way possible.
    - Facebook has some of the friendliest individuals that I have ever worked with
    - Great perks! food, amenities, health, dental, gym, and the list goes on and on
    - Believes in compensating you what you are worth instead of trying to lowball and counter offering once you have a competing offer.
    - You are truly working on things that are making a difference in people's lives

Cons

- If you really want to set yourself apart, know that you are probably working with some of the brightest in the industry. You better be on top of your game :-)

Continue to maintain the culture that exists. Let's ensure it doesn't turn into another one of those other tech giants!

The best company ever

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The work environment is amazing with extremely talented and helpful people around. You get to choose what you are passionate about and want to work on. You can get to make huge impact right from the first week at work. The learning curve at Facebook is still strongly up and to the right. The compensation and perks are very competitive. The free food and free laundry are the best in my opinion.

Cons

The work environment is pretty competitive and have to work extremely hard to stay on top. This can lead to longer work hours and a little more stress.

The management has to work hard to maintain the open and connected culture as the company grows.

Great Internship!

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The engineers here are awesome people. Incredibly helpful and caring about the interns, very driven to make sure the interns succeed.

Cons

Lots of pressure. As intern, they expect you to perform at a level of full-time engineer by the end of your 12 weeks, so this is not an internship to take if you want a joy-ride.

Let the interns have more collaborative projects.

Fast and open.

I have been working at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Moving very fast allowing making you feel better about what you've done.
    - Product is shipped so often that your work is much more impactful.
    - It's a very open company that puts a lot of trust in it's engineers. Even interns have a lot of power that could be easily abused but we don't want to lose that trust so no one abuses it.
    - You have occasion to work with super smart people from the industry.
    - Even it's no longer startup it still has this feeling about it.
    - It's not all about the money.
    - Food is great! Snacks and drinks too :)

Cons

- Because company is small comparing to the number of users we have sometimes there's a lot of work.
    - If you are not a minority you can sometimes feel discriminated here but I think it's a trend everywhere.

Best workplace ever !!!

Current Employee - Summer SWE  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Summer SWE in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Training is great, teached me everything i need in my work, and also to grow and evolve.
    We have great leadership, and roll models.
    Perks - Other than the common Hi-Tech company perks, we get to have great contirbution.

I truly believe in the company goal to connect the world and i really love doing this work.

Cons

no cons that i found.

Keep doing awesome work.

Relaxed, friendly, and motivated

Former Employee - Production Engineering Intern  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Production Engineering Intern in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The atmosphere is great. Everyone is super friendly and really just seems to want to be there. I was worried that it'd be *too* laid-back or even "frat-like" for me, but it really just wasn't.

I think the most notable part to me was how low-stress things are. In particular, no one is overly harassed about occasional mistakes, even if they bring the site down. As long as you can explain how you're going to prevent it from happening again, you are good.

Cons

I was a little disappointed by the quality/skill of some of the engineers. But I'm comparing it to a very small and exclusive company, so my standards may simply be too high.

Software Engineering Intern

I have been working at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Terrific Company, great internships that have high risk and reward.

Cons

Full time employees have on-call shifts, which means being available 24/7. But interns don't have to do on-call

Keep the openness of choosing your own team for full time hires

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!