Fastenal

Updated 6 March 2015
Updated 6 March 2015
2.9

Leland Hein

Pros
  • Part time work is great for a high school student of a full time college student (in 48 reviews)

• It was a good place to learn and get promoted (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Starting at part time for minimum wage with a four year degree is ridiculous (in 50 reviews)

• Upper management wants a lot from you and doesn't give much to any in return (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

"Hazardous to career"

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I did not find any thing good in Fastenal. They just used their intial paycheck as a trap to catch the simply and gentle people. Only reason i rated 5 star - please try to understand

Cons

It is a proprietorship firm with no corporate culture. Following are some points which reflect the true colour of its filthy business model:

1. Power of the management is in the hand of people who are unemployable to other firms and therefore, live on flattery to the management in usa and practice filthy politics to stay in the position.

2. Highest attrition rate due to false promises during recruitment, be at research or business development level. Currently, might be the top company in Bangalore where sizeable number of employees abscond within a short span of time. Currently the brand name is zero in the market that they are not getting good people

3. No training, unrealistic pressure, no reward but all blame game job environment. Junior level employees are treated as slaves and are pushed to work hard.

4. The objective of the company in india is simple, create some fake results and earn money as much as they can

5. Managers and HR are the worst in the company

6. The funniest and last but not the least part is that, all the positive feedbacks written against the company in web reviews are instructed by the management to mislead people.

7. This is not a company but a shop. Don't destroy your career by joining this shop. Many careers have already been destroyed by them. Many people have absconded from this company. Some employees are pressured to leave. If you dont lick the top management they boot you. WARNING: Do NOT join.

1. Nothing... they are all rotten.
    2. Why all the lies and deceit? Grow up. Employees are not your slaves. Mistreating employees has led to a very bad name for your SHOP. Management team must be replaced. Senior management is terrible. This SHOP is a trap to destroy your career
    3. No growth, excessive politics, no leaves are given if you stress more that could be your last working day Recent college graduates should realize that the company is no longer a start-up; you're joining a medium sized firm that's still struggling to find its way in a sea of competitors. If you're talented enough, you'd be better off trying for Google or another quality big firm to shore up your skills, and THEN move to a start-up

" Hire and Fire comapany ”

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is totally garbage company to work with totally time waste . If someone reason your stupid enough to say yes and recruit yourself(like me) biggest mistake you ever done and they will not hesitate to kill by disgusting msg if you don't obey their words I should say more like a BULLY so at least think a million times before joining as employee

Cons

Management- Absolutely Pathetic .Dictator style of Management that has no idea about his job and keeps bullying and harassing all techincal guys to cover up for the self- incompetency and zero knowledge about how to run the Organization. Few people are given important roles in the office because of their apparent closeness to Management

1) No evaluation methods, they fire people if they don't like your face
    2) You may be fired at any time without prior notice beware of this
    3) HR professionals are horrible arrogant no respect to employees
    4) JOB security is very very low
    5) Unproessional people at top level
    6) Many more to say but beware of this company,never ever join this hell
    7) The technology sector of this company is run by a unprofessional people
    8) Like BPO, they do hiring & firing in Technology as well.I have seen more than 9 fired in last 6 months.
    9) Leadership does not have correct strategy to make it better, infact its going worse
    10) Candidtae having good profile does not even come for the interviews

Don't think that money can buy everything, start treating people well and this way you can retain talents in your company. Please get rid of unprofessional managers as soon as possible otherwise this will kill the brand name in India

Innovative company

Current Employee - Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lets go by the facts, great work without a doubt!. Check it out yourself Google the "Forbes Innovative Companies List"

You will see Fastenal listed as the 19th Most innovative Company

Obviously an innovative company needs innovative people. We are a bunch of fun loving people, play, work and have fun.

Flexible timing, great work, fruit basket ! This is the company where I can see that my code written is actually churning revenue for the company.

I don't know about the past, but I LOVE the work and fun at work.

Cons

The company is new in India and the management is still in the process of setting up the policies. I am sure it will be great in a few months

I feel that the induction of new employees should be more formal and the new employee should be given an over view of the products that we are working on.

Great place to work,Good quality work and innovative environment

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Bangalore
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Bangalore

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a world of learning new things every day.. Good Pay Competitor

Cons

Growth is slow but you will grow once prove yourself to the organisation.

Productive and great workplace

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros

The best thing about FASTENAL is the constant competition and drive to overcome challenge with team effort. It is a company that directly rewards achievement and places focus on merit above all else.
    I learned the ropes on how to successfully canvass, develop, and generate revenue from a geographic territory.

Cons

Hardest part of the job is dealing with customizations. Enjoyable part is satisfying the client.

Good

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Bangalore

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employee friendly, carreer oriented programs,Product base and complex problem and solution. Best place to lean and work, bcoz of tie ups with different clients exposure is more

Cons

Proper direction for senior associates,The company always takes great initiative to cater the need of employees but management doesn't help the employees to sync with the organisations initiative

Awesome team

Friendly Environment,Great work culture in enhancing ur skills in IT Department Yes,i stick to it not less than 5 Years.

Current Employee - Team Lead in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Bangalore

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fastenal allows employees to enjoy a partial telecommute with a flexible schedule. The people at Fastenal are very friendly and professional. The work is very interesting and keeps the day lively. The salary is very competitive. I most enjoyed the flexible scheduling and the professionals I worked with on a daily basis. The people here really make an effort to work as a team to achieve common goals.

Cons

I can't think of a major downside to this company and I have worked at FASTENAL for over 5+ years now. The only small downside is that they are always busy, so everyone always has a lot on their plate.

Very good company to work for

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros

This is an excellent place to learn and grow. You are given ample freedom and opportunity to expand you knowledge and implement the same.

Cons

Not many cons to share at this time.

“Do not work here! ”

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None. Treat like a dog

Cons

If you want to be mistreated and suffer inhumane treatment this is the place for you. The Company as a whole doesn't get it! They hire people with major mental defects and let them rain down with insults and threats.

I worked for a three weeks and left the organisation. Fastenal is not only a worst company to work with but it is an hippocratic organisation. which does not follow ethical values and in the veil of local company it is exploiting youth &; hypnotising indian society. Work culture is fully dreadful & insulting people in a bully manner try to debase and demoralise you.

This is a turn and burn place. Everybody comes and leaves like crazy. They do not give respect and will treat you like nothing at all. They do not care at all about you. They have products like their old managers that do not work and would rather use to business. I have actually seen this in Bangalore center saying no idea how they deal with projects. I just got scared and i realized my carrier is in DANGER. I left the company in two weeks. VERY SCARED AND END OF YOUR LIFE IF SOMEONE CONTINUE HERE.

Moreover there starts brain washing procedure for new joinees for distorting one's personality to become a slave.Respective managers in various sections of the company are, rashless,irresponsible and cruel. Even you will not get leave for getting medical treatment ,if ill. If you press more on vacation that would be your last working day. Boss expects chamchagiri from subordinate & asign pity work which unethical in nature. A straightforward and hard working person can not work in the company unless he disown his itegrity and self respect to the boss.

Rest other people like top management of Fastenl India and few managers are scum. These people show highest level of arrogance .These people have made Fastenal tabela. Where theirselves and theirs spoons enjoys all femdom while real hardworker becomes idiot and leaves organisation in shameful condition.

If somebody wants to join Fastenal India please beware ,its living hell where you will loose your self respect , dignity and your competence.

Otherwise welcome to the hell.

Get a clue. You guys have no clue how to manage and its a terribly run company. Stop with all the NON LOGICAL TALKS and do something for a change. All the workers are so miserable and every day people would discuss going on interviews other places. If there was a meeting everyone would wonder who quit or got fired. Not a great atmosphere to work in. Doesn't really promotes loyalty.

“loser's organization "a Tobacco factory more you stay more risk of cancer." ”

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros

None for talented people
    Many for lazy old elephants.This company is full of them

Cons

I recently joined this company with many other young talent guns. Starting from recruitment everything looks strange for me
    However I admitted myself to join this company. Here is my experience

1) Bootlicking is promoted and only way to rise up
    2) Whistle blowers are severely reprimanded and harassed and forced to leave
    3) Development is a mess, training is not planned. Critical time is wasted for employees as they sit idle not learning (joining this company is waste of time)
    4) Don’t join even if you don’t have any job never join this labor firm. They always behave as a Thekedar to labor
    5) Even if you join them after working in best companies like Google and have a very good knowledge they will surly compare you with their knowledge in their product only as they don’t know about outside world. According to them you should know all about their products on very first day of joining and without any training or KT otherwise you are nothing for them.
    6) HR & Director are the worst people in this organization if you start rating them. Top management should fire these people first before they clean up other departments
    7) It seems Director and HR requested my lead to post some positive reviews resulted some +ve reviews (paid reviews) in glassdoor. I surprised to hear from my lead and I felt how cruel management is. This is the reason why aim posting this - cheap management
    8) Truly believe me - this is not right company for any IT person

Advice can be given to human not to machines or mads or animals
    Nothing my dear fellows. Here you can never find anything which helps only torturing by engineers for saving their jobs.
    Think 10000 times before joining this as it will surely destroy your whole career

Fastenal Photos

Outside a typical Fastenal store, 1400 East Carroll Street, Macomb, IL (Photo attributed to IlliniGradResearch - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0)
Delivering material