Fastenal

Updated 24 January 2015
2.9

Fastenal President, CEO, and Director Will Oberton
Will Oberton

Pros
  • Part time work is great for a high school student of a full time college student (in 48 reviews)

• It was a good place to learn and get promoted (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Starting at part time for minimum wage with a four year degree is ridiculous (in 50 reviews)

• Upper management wants a lot from you and doesn't give much to any in return (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work,Good quality work and innovative environment

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Bangalore
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Bangalore

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a world of learning new things every day.. Good Pay Competitor

Cons

Growth is slow but you will grow once prove yourself to the organisation.

Productive and great workplace

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros

The best thing about FASTENAL is the constant competition and drive to overcome challenge with team effort. It is a company that directly rewards achievement and places focus on merit above all else.
    I learned the ropes on how to successfully canvass, develop, and generate revenue from a geographic territory.

Cons

Hardest part of the job is dealing with customizations. Enjoyable part is satisfying the client.

Good

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Bangalore

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employee friendly, carreer oriented programs,Product base and complex problem and solution. Best place to lean and work, bcoz of tie ups with different clients exposure is more

Cons

Proper direction for senior associates,The company always takes great initiative to cater the need of employees but management doesn't help the employees to sync with the organisations initiative

Awesome team

Friendly Environment,Great work culture in enhancing ur skills in IT Department Yes,i stick to it not less than 5 Years.

Current Employee - Team Lead in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Bangalore

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fastenal allows employees to enjoy a partial telecommute with a flexible schedule. The people at Fastenal are very friendly and professional. The work is very interesting and keeps the day lively. The salary is very competitive. I most enjoyed the flexible scheduling and the professionals I worked with on a daily basis. The people here really make an effort to work as a team to achieve common goals.

Cons

I can't think of a major downside to this company and I have worked at FASTENAL for over 5+ years now. The only small downside is that they are always busy, so everyone always has a lot on their plate.

Best Organization to grow the Career with lots of benefits.

Current Employee - Senior Dot Net Developer in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Senior Dot Net Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros

Nice values and culture, good quality work and innovative environment.
    good projects and can grow to any limits, all resources for learning available within company.

Cons

Recognition in big companies is sometimes difficult, some time excellent works are not acknowledged.

Good in all Aspects.

Very good company to work for

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros

This is an excellent place to learn and grow. You are given ample freedom and opportunity to expand you knowledge and implement the same.

Cons

Not many cons to share at this time.

Do not join If You Do Care about your Career!!!

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros

Flexible Timings As long as i was there , I believe even that would have changed.

Cons

If you want to join because they are paying you good bucks!! do it only if you want to use it as temporary step.
    Don't stay long believe me its not worthy!!

If you see positive reviews about this company in India that must be management's strategy to survive.

Very Poor Management
    Quick hire and quick Fire
    Policies changes on a regular basis(Not Friendly that i promise)
    Funniest Part- Management changes at regular basis
    No Values
    Not open
    Not Transparent

Biggest thing,Its heading South!!!

Don't make false promises and Rome was not built in a day.
    If you have no patience and then you have no revenue for sure.
    Stay as you are now and trust me on this, you would regret for starting in india

A good company to work with.

Current Employee - Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work is very much dependent on your team, for some it is good (like mine) and for some it is not that great.
    The company started a new center in India and initially it was not very stable, the roles were not defined properly, the vision was not clear and in short their were some problems and i guess that explains the couple of negative feedback on this page.
    1. Good opportunity to learn new technologies.
    2. Culture is good, well i guess they hired few good people in the beginning.
    3. A good place to do something new, you will be noticed if you come up with some innovative idea to improve business. ( I am not sure if you will be compensated well for that innovation, because i haven't done anything awesome yet :P )
    4. Good work life balance and a lot of flexibility about your work timings.
    5. A small but good pantry with cookies, fruits, bread and other refreshments.
    6. Recreation items like TT, dart and all available in playing area.

Cons

1. There are some policies which are not very clear ( i understand that this can be a very big problem for many)
    2. No cafeteria, you will have to arrange for your own lunch.
    3. Office building is pretty small, i think they should (and are planning) to move to a bigger building soon.
    4. A little lobbying in hiring and other processes.

1. Be clear and open with policies.
    2. Compensate well, it is very difficult for people to live in Bangalore and not try for switch :)
    3. It is just one year, so i think we should give some more time to the leadership to evolve.

2 faced management with no planning and nobody knows what to do but they want results! else you are fired

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Bangalore
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Bangalore

I worked at Fastenal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salaries as compared to the industry (with higher risk), flexible working hours, Excellent technical team in the US to work along with

Cons

Specific to India centre - Poor Management, No Corporate Culture whatsoever, Very risky to work as the management will find someone and fire them if things don't go as per the vision (no plan), Apathetic towards employee, Poor Infrastructure, massive favoritism

Tread carefully! Fastenal India (IT Division) is the worst company to join, EVER

Current Employee - Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company gave me a chance to come to south India, for which I will be very thankful always

Cons

Fastenal is the most pathetic brand to work with, ever. Crappy management, hire and fire situations, no growth, no work culture and worst thing being, they have no respect for people whatsoever. anybody can be thrown out at any time. Join any other company but never join Fastenal IT India, unless you want to have some adventure with your career.

Lots of office politics, only those who can do buttering of VP and higher management can survive. Honest workers shall be very disappointed. Any policy can change at any time and to suit the management, no clear data on profits and sharing, which was promised while joining, never got a raise and never got any bonus, because I did my work with utmost conviction and being true to myself and me team. I never did any show off that hey! Look at me I am loud and I am working, so give me a raise, instead I wanted my work to speak for myself, and I was so wrong. I wish I had those vamp like qualities, I could definitely survive here.

Please never ever join Fastenal IT India, this is my advise to you. If you do, do it at your own risk and have aback up plan ready.

Please stop sucking your employees blood, they are humans too. And for a change, take a stand and for gods sake, speak few words to motivate them, that's the least you can do. Don't just try and save your job and play with your team, guide them better and get a life, seriously! Shouting at employees all the time will not make you a great leader

Fastenal Photos

Outside a typical Fastenal store, 1400 East Carroll Street, Macomb, IL (Photo attributed to IlliniGradResearch - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0)
Delivering material