FedEx

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.6 1,058 reviews

FedEx Chairman, President, and CEO Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Pros
  • Depending on which area you work in, there's decent work life balance(in 107 reviews)

• Good benefits which are offered to all employees (full & part time)(in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is fairly good except during "peak" times(in 21 reviews)

• Heavy responsibilities may require long hours, stressful environment(in 27 reviews)

1,058 Employee Reviews

Amazing

SSA-Associate (Current Employee) Dehradun

ProsBenefites,personal growth, company values, Company has a strong thirst for talent and gives them the required opportunity to grow in their professional as well as in their personal life.

ConsNot that much flexible for ground level staff

Advice to Senior ManagementRelation must be more strong with lower level employees

Branch Manager

ProsJob Security,Decent salary, Ethical company,Pays for education

ConsEverything is through process..Not much leaning

Advice to Senior ManagementBe practical and start doing things Indian way..

Customer Service Executive - Operations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities to grow, Value for hard work

ConsContinuous workload, Breaks timing is not sufficient

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The place to work with

Manager (Former Employee) Indore

Prosgreat work environment.best application softwares used.good salary increment.

Conswrongly target old employees sometime without considering their sentiments&emotions.

Advice to Senior Managementacqisition is good but not on the account of sacrifiying your old employees

Inside Sales Representative

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Hyderābād

ProsGood place to work, good seniors , very helping nature from management, good incentives

Consonly some times pressure, listening to only one sdide

Advice to Senior ManagementSholud listen to both sides not only to the team leaders

Intern Insights

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Memphis, TN (US)

ProsThe people at FedEx are amazing. The company pays very well, even its interns. My higher ups did a great job of making me feel comfortable and included. The culture is fun and vibrant. Being such a big company they get to play with the other "big boys."

ConsThere is a lot of red tape to get through at FedEx. Everything has to go through legal and brand scrutiny. Being such a large company, your field of work is very narrow, especially in marketing as there are several teams and multiple directors.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making sure that your employees feel included and appreciated. Try to facilitate a good work/life balance for salaried employees so they do not burn out.

Employed for four years.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOverall fair benefits and good experience in terms of the work environment.

ConsYou will need to learn on your own very quickly how to navigate your own success.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore consistency in management development.

It has been a good learning experience

Package Handler (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsStarted in college, that was the biggest plus. Set hours and good benefits, specifically for students.

ConsAfter a while, you begin to feel not really wanted. And although they say they hire internally it really takes quite a bit for any sort of relocation.

Had no problems!

Driver P&D (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

ProsFlexibility was great. It afforded me a good work/home balance with no surprise calls. For me, working with management was a great experience. The atmosphere was professional yet light and informal enough to achieve great communication.

ConsHaving to bring packages back after-hours - that was a nuisance, even though it didn't happen very often. Would be nice if the eligible Contract employees were offered permanent positions throughout the company and their divisions based on his (her) performance as opposed to hiring outside help after the contract period is over. Makes much more sense to hire whom the management is familiar instead of starting all over again with strangers and having the Contract employees re-apply for permanent spots. For instance, I was offered an on-call spot. Had it been permanent full-time AND a step-up into a CDL-driving position, I would've stayed to this day.

Advice to Senior ManagementApplication process is horrendous! Shouldn't take anyone 4 hours to complete an application, especially when questions are repetitive. May want to consider reworking the online Application program. I do like, however, the way the information was saved in the System, which shaved off some input time to the application. As for the CEO, I can't offer an opinion because I wouldn't know who he is if he walked past me in a grocery store.

Good company to work for.

Fed Ex Courier (Current Employee) Melville, NY (US)

ProsGreat benefits and perks for part time employees.

ConsPart time only. Hard to get full time position.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to set their own routes as they feel is the most timely.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!