FedEx

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.6 1,068 reviews

FedEx Chairman, President, and CEO Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Pros
  • Depending on which area you work in, there's decent work life balance (in 107 reviews)

• Good benefits which are offered to all employees (full & part time) (in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is fairly good except during "peak" times (in 21 reviews)

• Heavy responsibilities may require long hours, stressful environment (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights
1,068 Employee Reviews

Amazing

SSA-Associate (Current Employee) Dehradun

ProsBenefites,personal growth, company values, Company has a strong thirst for talent and gives them the required opportunity to grow in their professional as well as in their personal life.

ConsNot that much flexible for ground level staff

Advice to Senior ManagementRelation must be more strong with lower level employees

Branch Manager

ProsJob Security,Decent salary, Ethical company,Pays for education

ConsEverything is through process..Not much leaning

Advice to Senior ManagementBe practical and start doing things Indian way..

Customer Service Executive - Operations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities to grow, Value for hard work

ConsContinuous workload, Breaks timing is not sufficient

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The place to work with

Manager (Former Employee) Indore

Prosgreat work environment.best application softwares used.good salary increment.

Conswrongly target old employees sometime without considering their sentiments&emotions.

Advice to Senior Managementacqisition is good but not on the account of sacrifiying your old employees

Inside Sales Representative

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Hyderābād

ProsGood place to work, good seniors , very helping nature from management, good incentives

Consonly some times pressure, listening to only one sdide

Advice to Senior ManagementSholud listen to both sides not only to the team leaders

Experience was great.

Fed Ex Loader (Former Employee) Memphis, TN (US)

ProsGreat benefits and a great company that supports its part time employees. The part time employees in the Hub are the heart of the company and Fed Ex does everything they can to keep them employed.

ConsThe greatest con to being a part time employee are the hours. The easiest job to get at Fed Ex is a material handler during the night shift. This job makes it very difficult to get college done which makes it difficult to further your career.

Great company to work with

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Memphis, TN (US)

Prosgood work/life balance, good diversity, nice coworker to work with

Conslimited opportunity for promotion, slow IT process to get something implemented

Advice to Senior ManagementLiving PSP is great culture.

Intern Insights

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Memphis, TN (US)

ProsThe people at FedEx are amazing. The company pays very well, even its interns. My higher ups did a great job of making me feel comfortable and included. The culture is fun and vibrant. Being such a big company they get to play with the other "big boys."

ConsThere is a lot of red tape to get through at FedEx. Everything has to go through legal and brand scrutiny. Being such a large company, your field of work is very narrow, especially in marketing as there are several teams and multiple directors.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making sure that your employees feel included and appreciated. Try to facilitate a good work/life balance for salaried employees so they do not burn out.

Good job

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent company to work for lots of opportunity for advancement. Company on very solid ground no lay off worries.

ConsVery unhappy with pay progression. I have been an ops manager for 8 years and I am only 9% above what a new manager would start out and our bonuses that they hang over you like a carrot have been terrible. Also our medical benefits every year have gotten worse and more expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust read what I wrote above

It has been a good learning experience

Package Handler (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsStarted in college, that was the biggest plus. Set hours and good benefits, specifically for students.

ConsAfter a while, you begin to feel not really wanted. And although they say they hire internally it really takes quite a bit for any sort of relocation.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!