Ferrellgas Partners

Updated 15 October 2014
2.8

Ferrellgas Partners CEO Stephen L. Wambold
Stephen L. Wambold

I had a great experience with Ferrellgas.

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Walterboro, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Walterboro, SC (US)

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Staff are friendly and office setting is nice.

Cons

A lot of multi-tasking is required.

Current Employee - Driver in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Driver in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

easy work good pay if you like to drive then this is a decent full time job for you to do

Cons

Long winter hours slow in the summer you will drive alot and cannot plan your own routes company has people for tjhat

Good company to work for with two distinct seasons.

Former Employee - Various Management
    Former Employee - Various Management

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great training program for new managers. At least back in 2001, and I don't know why they would have gotten away from it since then.

Cons

A lot of management positions were eliminated when the company started centralizing a lot of the business. This provided a challenge to see future growth opportunities.
    If you are in operations, you will go home smelling like ethylmercaptain frequently. You will get so use to the smell that you will not even realize that you have that odor with you.

I enjoy my driving job.

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of overtime in the winter. Steady work. In my area they don't lay off driver's seasonally like lots of other propane companies do. Room for growth if you are dedicated and patient.

Cons

Your work schedule can vary as fat as days and hours of duty. On call rotation is tough but manageable.

Listen to the drivers more.

High stress, very high performance expectations

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners

Pros

Work week consists of Monday - Friday, 8-5, weekends off except for an occasional Saturday due to very cold winter or snow storm. Holidays off with pay decent salary.

Cons

Sitting for 8 hours with a head phone talking with 50 % disgruntled customers due to pricing or urgent need for propane, extreme expectations to perform other duties in an unrealistic alloted time frame. 60% focus on stock holders, 20% focus on employees and 20% focus on customers.

Since the company's expectations are so high and the stress level is extreme, think of ways to boost office morale and use group incentives instead of individual. The office runs better as one well oiled machine instead of several neglected machines.

Worst Employer Ever

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I liked the people I worked with out of my office and the other offices.

Cons

Training, Unorganized, Pay is just above poverty, Upper management micromanages everyone, Constantly changing the expectations, No power to the field personnel to make any decisions at all.

Put more trust in your field personnell to be able to make a decision based on the issues at hand.

Don't work here!

Former Employee - Bulk Driver in Negaunee, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Bulk Driver in Negaunee, MI (US)

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If things were different, then I could give some pros. The only pro I can think of is that the company is safe conscience.

Cons

Recent company focus/vision change has caused company to fully have the corporate mentality which doesn't care about customers, but instead, just how the numbers look. Also, management where I looked were all about hiring employees that are related in some way, and screwing over veteran employees. Also, the company (especially HR) does not care when an employee clearly was bullied and intimidated by management to the point of anxiety and doing the right thing when it was needed.

Lots of opportunity to advance your career and position while enjoying a solid work-life balance

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Corporate office has a fun health and family oriented culture, relaxed dress code, great benefits. Flexibility to work different hours and work from home on occasion. This is the most technologically advanced propane company in the world. Work-life balance is excellent.

Cons

There is a bit of silo mentality that exists between corporate departments. Bonuses are dependent upon total company performance which hinges on cold winters and/or low product cost, warm winters with high product cost have resulted in layoffs.

Keep up the great work.

Collections Specialist

Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Liberty, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Liberty, MO (US)

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dress code is very fair . Jeans and shirt. Just no flip flops and holes in the jeans

Cons

No Flex in Schedule . Benefits are not very good. Pay Scale is low.

Have a better open door policy. Higher management is not friendly. HR does not answer Questions ? They say you must go to your direct supervisor. Then when you do that they guess at the answer

I was a former employee

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, competitive income, 401 k program and a company contribution through employee stocks. The blue collar employees are the ones who make the Ferrell gas.

Cons

Training is granted for the "yes people " and the ones who need it most and live for their job do not receive enough training. Upper management criticizes the lower management with very seldom praise if any at all. There're good at preaching numbers and adding more to the lower management so they can burn them out and just wash their hands from removing great people from all that they have. "Employment"

Take care of your employees and listen to them when they need support. Give praise when when needed. Stop being degrading and and only care about yourself and preach being a leader. Because upper management need to be great leaders before their lower management roles will lead and not just manage. Be truthful and man up when you do wrong and not allows point fingers to absorb your faults and mistakes.

Ferrellgas Partners Photos

A Ferrellgas Driver delivers propane.
A Ferrellgas Employee helps a Customer on the phone.
Ferrellgas propane delivery truck.

+ Add Photo