Flagstar Bancorp

Be The First To
Add Photos

Flagstar Bancorp President & CEO Alessandro P. DiNello

Alessandro P. DiNello

Pros
  • Competitive pay, normal hours, good benefits, good PTO, opportunity to move up(in 5 reviews)

• Some good people who mean well, but quality leadership is sorely lacking(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • And often changes in upper management in the last 3 or 4 years(in 7 reviews)

• Flagstar has little room for advancement(in 4 reviews)

Good learning opportuity in a frustrating work atmosphere

Loss Mitigation Speciaist (Former Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsThere were many great people working here. Training staff was very good in the end. Time off was very flexible.

ConsLack of advancement opportunity, Processes changed constantly, Software package purchased for doing our job in loss mitigation destroyed our customer service. Poorly managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementA company that advertises itself as Michigan owned, Michigan focused shouldn't be outsourcing jobs out of state. There have been numerous layoffs in the mortgage and loss mitigation departments of well over 400 employees.

Wasted Time

Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI (US)

ProsIt's a job that pays something

ConsSalary, Benefits, no time off, work hours

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote the people that actually work hard and not just the kiss-ups.

Current Employee.

Loan Analyst (Current Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsNice people, Good working conditions, great hours, great benefits

ConsVery low pay, not much room for advancement, work quota's that can be hard to reach, error ratios that are hard to stay below. Many Departments being closed and outsourced. Overtime is almost impossible to get.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop outsourcing your business and laying off employees. The employees you have now have experience in your company and could help you with your new vision if you let us. Increase the pay and give hard working current employees a chance to get into management positions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsTeam building experiences encouraged
    Management wants ideas of ways to improve processes

ConsMany changes in the last years leads to feelings of uncertainty in departments
    Low salary range for positions in comparison to market

Employees as commodity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLet's see...commute was reasonable. Co-workers were nice folks, considering indentured servitude nature of the place. That's about it.

ConsTop 5
    1. Radically excessive production goals.
    2. Low pay to start with, absurdly low considering # hours necessary to meet goals.
    3. Unclear delineation of responsibility (assistant level staff should have done more).
    4. Incomprehensible management configuration.
    5. Sloggy computers.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider relying more on contract employees. Invest in training assistant level staff. Clarify management structure & underwriting standards to eliminate brokers shotgunning for the answer they want. Have IT install more RAM in office computers, or whatever is needed to make the computers more responsive.

Flagstar Review

Project Manager (Former Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsGood people; knowledgeable resources; average pay range for position

ConsDue to recent leadership change the bank seems to be in a downsizing mode. Future for many there is uncertain at this time

Poorly Managed Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsIt bought me some time for my next career move.

ConsToo many to list here. It's a good idea for interested persons to find out for themselves.

Open accounts and provide customer service.

ProsThey customers seem to be fairly loyal

ConsThere is little room for advancement and the leadership is constantly changing goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a better training program for banking staff.

awesome

Teller (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI (US)

Prosthis company has awesome pay

Consi have absolutely nothing bad to say

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to make the workplace an awesome place

Great People, Not So Great Internal Coordination/Communication

ProsThere are many good people that do a lot for their community and genuinely care for others, especially customers and coworkers.

ConsDepartments are like nuclear missile silos, especially the large generic departments like marketing. They either don't think to communicate and share info, or they don't want to. At times it is like 100 little companies, instead of 1. The officers club also exists like the military in the 1950's. Non-Officers don't communicate with officers outside their direct reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementForce your employees to share information across teams and titles. Job titles are just a function, not a symbol or culture of your status.

Worked for Flagstar Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!