Flowers Foods

Be The First To
Add Photos

Flowers Foods Chairman, President, and CEO George E. Deese

George E. Deese

Not what they say they are Bailey St is not safe place to work

Engineering (Current Employee) North Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThere are no Pros Here, you will get screwed

ConsManagement could care less if you work hard to try & to get promoted ,If you are not one of the good old boys your S.O.L Management at Plant level needs to be looked at, along with HR
    they THINK THEY CAN GET OVER ON EVERYONE, You can not trust anyone there,

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house

Racial Conflict

Engineer (Former Employee) Tucker, GA (US)

Prosgood pay , friendly environment , clean,Secure

Consracial problems , no access to knowledge needed to perform your job properly

Advice to Senior Managementchange supervision and executive pres.

Not a Lean manufacturing facility

Engineering Technician (Former Employee) Denton, TX (US)

ProsGreat Pay and benefits, Outstanding safety training (Kudos Doc!)

ConsPoor work/life balance, total lack of employee engagement and empowerment, any efforts/suggestions for industry standard process improvements are discourage. Generally, extremely poor "shop floor" employee moral.The only issues causing more concern than the facility's sanitation techniques are upper management's moral and ethical values. Poor follow-through by the maintenance manager to ensure adequate parts, supplies and training are provided, little support from all but one lead, one supervisor, and one assistant chief engineer my 2-year experience there (Kudos Nguyen, John, and Jeff!)

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter education and training in Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma certification requirements for Lead + positions would reduce scrap and increase production. A shift from "reactive" to Total Productive Maintenance would decrease unplanned maintenance significantly, reducing the need for mandatory overtime. Any planning and scheduling between maintenance and production would enable at the very least the facilitation of a ‘reasonably” effective preventative maintenance plan. The maintenance plans (work cards) in a majority of instances do not coincide with the equipment in place. Considering the facility has been operational for over 8 years (at the time) and this has not been corrected speaks volumes of the mismanagement of the department head’s lack of dedication to improve conditions, processes, and efficiency as well as extreme lack of education, experience, and proficiency for the position.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company has I/T issues

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product, great production, good distribution.

ConsI/T not innovative, behind the times in technology, not willing to change

Advice to Senior ManagementFind someone who can lead an I/T department and actually introduce new/improved technology instead of only doing what is begged from the business. Sure its a "Good Ol' boys" club and things have worked for a hundred years but eventually the old, tired establishment will pass into the night and then where will the company be?

it is a good but a shady company

Independent Distributor (Current Employee) Lafayette, LA (US)

Prosthe money is honestly the best part of this job

Conseverything else is shady and not ethical

Advice to Senior Managementlet the independent distributor be independent !!!!!!!!!

Great structure and mangement along with competative pay and great benifits.

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Denton, TX (US)

ProsIn this evergrowing economy this is one job that will always be around so the only reason you could loose this job rests on your own shoulders. Mangement is reasonable with their demands and expectations.

ConsSometimes you will work more than 40 hours a week but there is no con i really found with this job in the past 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing a great job Bobby, Lee, Amber & Clint.

Conservative, well-managed company in growth mode

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Thomasville, GA (US)

ProsGrowth mode; strong executive management; friendly culture; great work/life balance; good benefit options

ConsCorporate location often does not attract the strongest candidates; slow to implement changes; outdated HR processes; bonus/increases are not based on performance

Flowers Bakery of Crossville is a great place to work.

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Crossville, TN (US)

ProsGood wages, good benefits, great people.

ConsSchedule changes due to volume.

Flowers is a great company to work for.

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe pay is good ,I enjoy my co workers, and the companys' culture and values are in line with my own

ConsYou work a lot of hours at times and can be a challenge to balance your personal and work life

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice to management at this time my experience at Flowers thus far has been great.

Management Buddy Hire System, Piedmont Triad, North Carolina

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC (US)

ProsThere are no pros working for this company

ConsIn the piedmont NC area. Branch Managent and Assistant Mgmt.are either kin or best buddies. And if they have a friend who wants a job, they will start harassing a worker that they have no liking for in hopes they will quit. Their most used words are, I'm going to fire you., I'm going to write you up, Total verbal harrassment every day and hour you are on the job. Very much a imtimidating and hostile company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to put their friendship aside that they have with the Branch Management and listen more to the workers.

Worked for Flowers Foods? Contribute to the Community!