Fluor

Fluor Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Fluor CEO David T. Seaton

David T. Seaton

Pros
  • 9 day fortnight is supposed to make your work/life balance perfect(in 15 reviews)

• The working environment at company is very good and better than most of the competitors in the market(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is too disconnected from project employees and mid-level management(in 11 reviews)

• Big Company mentality sometimes, too many Chiefs(in 10 reviews)

Preservation Manager

ProsThe ability to put 2 thru 10,000 professional individuals together, across the globe, who have never even met, and manage the construction of multi-million to multi-billion dollar construction projects.
    Sound business plan and governance.
    The opportunity for growth utilizing the many mentors available and the Fluor University online learning center.
    The ability to go to different projects and perform in different roles because of the way Fluor utilizes their Project Procedures Manual, PPM, the Project Execution Plan, PEP and the Site Quality Manual.
    Diversity and Inclusion.
    The ability to "cross train" into different areas of expertise.
    Excellent Management programs give provides excellent opportunities for advancement.

ConsNot so much a con, but if you choose to work "in the field," you will spend your career traveling, both domestic and abroad.
    As we like to call ourselves, the "Traveling Band of Gypsies."

Advice to Senior ManagementNever forget that the least significant job on a project means the world to the person performing that job. To both their self esteem and that of their family.

Best Company ever!!!

Engineering Technician I - Intern (Current Employee)

ProsI have the best manager in the world. I should say it. He always give credits to my work. He neither keeps any restrictions nor force me to go in a particular direction.
    Good Pay.
    Endless Opportunities.
    Consider Interns for full time positions.

ConsThe background departments are really confusing. You need to contact at least 5 people if you had some issue regarding pay roll. etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be something like a Interns meet, so that they can share the knowledge they gained throughout the period.

I have enjoyed my employment with this company and intend to make it last many years to come.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe work is very professional and prosperous.

ConsMaking a position in the company so where you yourself is needed for future endeavors.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep work lined up for your workers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have no complaints it was a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest rnr package out of all contracting companies overseas.

ConsIt's who you know not what you know when it comes to promotions 95% of the time

Advice to Senior ManagementLeading by example is the best tool.

Great company

Marketing (Current Employee) Irvine, CA (US)

ProsGreat salary and benefits. Ability to work on projects around the globe.

ConsNeed to be mobile to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance and a formal program for mobile employees outside of IT would help us to compete better when recruiting vs. our competition. Would also increase more women at Fluor.

Great company... Had a really pleasant experience...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChallenging projects. Has a good work culture. People are very helpful. Would highly recommend it to any structural engineer.

ConsBig company..So growth slower as compared to a small firm.. But, I think pros far outweigh the cons..

A Good company to work for

Instrument Specialist (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsFriendly office atmosphere / environment

ConsLack of good management and plans

Plant Operator

Plant Operator (Current Employee) Boulder, CO (US)

ProsNot a lot to say, in the position I was in. The facility they do contract work for the other company , is a mess.

ConsDon't know , where to start. Very mismanaged, never saw the supervisor, maybe once out of the six months I was there.

Before, I took the job, they must have gone through well over 2 dozen people, and the contract company I worked for ,warned me about them. And they were right.

I believe the good comments on this company in my position, probably are unionize people. This job wasn't. Not saying all unions are good, but in this case with this facility they out weight the mismanagement here.

Co-workers were pretty much never happy , a lot of narrow mind Hecks that worked there. A lot of the senior workers, wanted to quit , but couldn't because , they were too old. So, you can get the picture here. The company theY do work for , couldn't careless about the facility and mostly like are just stringing it along unlit they close it in 5ys. They also, couldn't care less for the safety around there either. (Fluor was too busy blaming their workers not themselves, which is BS)

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to clean house with your management here & get rid of the Senior operators that don't want to be there.

Senior Manager Information Technology

Senior Manager Information Technology (Current Employee) Greenville, SC (US)

ProsVery good salary and the employees around the globe were a pleasure to work with.

ConsThere was too much politics that was factored into career progression especially in mid to senior management. Too many unqualified individuals ended up in management positions. A lot of these managers didn't understand how to lead.

Advice to Senior ManagementBusiness Line executive management needs to be flushed out and replaced with competent execs who care about their employees and the preserving the companies history and longevity rather than focusing on their own salaries and empires.

Fluor

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

ProsFluor supports higher education and individual growth.

ConsFluor is extremely political. Sometimes issues are overrided due to friendships.

Advice to Senior ManagementFluor employees should receive more recognition.

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!