Forest Labs

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brenton L. Saunders

Pros
  • It was a nice place to work, good benefits and many career opportunities (in 12 reviews)

• Good Benefits and work life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • With new CEO, things changed; layoff and projects cancelled (in 7 reviews)

• Work-life balance is a challenge, constant change, company going through integration, job cuts (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Very professional

Infrastructure PM (Former Employee)

ProsProjects under a PMO office

ConsWorking with some unprofessional outside vendors

Educational experience at Forest Laboratories.

Sample Compliance Support Coordinator (Current Employee) Commack, NY (US)

ProsGreat business, good people, and great benefits.

ConsThe company down sized and it was sold.

Territory Sales Rep review

Territory Representative (Former Employee)

ProsCompany car, one great drug(Linzess), good area business directors

ConsMiddle management micro manages sales reps. Reps are happy if they have a good manager and miserable if they don't. A lot of them are creepy just like many of the regional directors. In many regions Forest is a modern day, "Good old boys club." Large pod structure is a disaster. Doctors hate seeing several reps from the same company especially because they are not bringing the same value as they once did in the Lexapro days.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of 1/3 of the DM's and the pod structure.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast paced

Senior Product Director (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsFast paced energy, good learning environment and compensation that is competitive in the industry

ConsWork-life balance is a challenge, constant change, company going through integration, job cuts

Foresxt is a great place to work.

Manager (Current Employee) Commack, NY (US)

ProsCompetitive salaries and good benefit package, pleanty of room for growth, flexible work hours and a lot of talented people.

ConsSome managers are very poor leaders and they do not offer enough training and mentoring of their teams to help them succeed.

Was a good company until Brent came along..........

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWas a good company until it was sold

ConsSame as pro's, also very little in way of advancment

Advice to Senior ManagementFIRE BRENT!!!!!!!! He destroyed a good company for his own financial reward. Made sure he had a job and scr$%^ed everyone else

A great place to learn and grow. Unfortunately, they were bought out and plan to dump everyone.

Scientist II (Former Employee) Commack, NY (US)

ProsLots of opportunity to receive training and participate in many different work challenges.

ConsHierarchy and career ladders were very set in stone. PhDs always took a higher spot over those without. Now that they were purchased, layoffs everywhere. Expect more.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair and honest with those who are left on your staff. If they are going to lose their jobs, they deserve to know.

The job was interest,but firm has been acquired by another company and will leave NYC soom

Coordinator (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsIt was a good place for analysts etc, but support staff underpaided

ConsMassive layoffs, firm acquired by another firm and being dismantled and absorbed into company that bought us

BI Manager

BI Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsVery nice place to work for

ConsNo training available for employess

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to empower your employee with training and other resources

Miserable Leadership and Scapegoat Culture. Highly Unethical and Unqualified Management.

Manager (Former Employee) Commack, NY (US)

ProsThey pay well in exchange for abuse.

ConsYou must be able to endure abuse.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrop dead! Go to hell! Get rectal cancer!

Worked for Forest Labs? Contribute to the Community!