Forest Labs

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brenton L. Saunders

Pros
  • It was a nice place to work, good benefits and many career opportunities (in 12 reviews)

• Good Benefits and work life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • With new CEO, things changed; layoff and projects cancelled (in 7 reviews)

• Work-life balance is a challenge, constant change, company going through integration, job cuts (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company, Good people

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsVery nice office environment, good location, management values opinion from all levels, good communication, good benefits, ability to move up in many groups

ConsLimited product range is the company's biggest problem. Some managers are not good leaders. The new management is putting lot of strains.

Senior management lost it's way

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsForest was a company that offered a great deal of rapid upward mobility to many individuals. The current change brought about by restructuring and the sale to Actavis will likely continue to create opportunities for some individuals. The diversity of Forest's product portfolio allows the company to compete in several large therapeutic areas.

ConsSenior management failed to capitalize on the revenue windfall generated by Lexapro and Namenda in their hey-day. Clinging to an antiquated commercial sales and marketing model has negatively affected earnings growth. Conducting business "with blinders on" weakened the stock price and allowed for a takeover by Actavis.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf Forest will continue to function as an operating unit of Actavis it will be important to restructure senior management in sales, marketing, and contracting. The current group has proved unwilling to consider best practices executed by contemporaries in the industry. In a very direct manner this has led to the downfall of a once great sales and marketing organization. It will be imperative to introduce a culture willing to consider innovative ways of doing business in the new health care economy.

Great company. Only left because they were bought out.

ProsThis was a great place to work.

ConsCompany was recently bought out so things will change significantly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

company review

QC Chemist (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGood management, a company has good potential

Conslocation, expensive living cost, stability

The company culture left with the former CEO. The future is uncertain.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsForest used to have a great benefit package, a holiday party that spared no expense, a company-wide picnic and other perks. The culture varies depending on the department, the management and the chemistry with your co-workers. Great place for growing if you are interested in the pharmaceutical industry

ConsIt has gone through a change and the future is uncertain.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to recognize and reward talent.

henchmen coming

Sales (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Proslegacy people have been great

Conswe are being acquired and will no longer have our jobs

Advice to Senior Managementstop lying to us

Cheapest Company Ever

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGood culture, co-workers are good to work with.

ConsI was so grossly under paid for the job I was doing. I had to finally take a full time job after the recession. I had been working for over 20 years yet they paid me as though I was an entry level person. Even my title was entry level. That's how they got around paying me nothing.

DISGRACEFUL!!! My friend tempted at Forest for FOUR YEARS without getting hired, and now he will be laid off in May!

Clinical Trials Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) Hauppauge, NY (US)

ProsThis company offers work that could have great career potential, except that Forest would rather use a temp worker for four years and never hire him, then lay him off while he is still a temp. The employees are generally good to work with though, and the work itself is interesting.

ConsThis company does not care about its employees. It only really cares about profits. The fact that they kept a temp worker on for four years without hiring him is absolutely disgraceful.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop compassion and emotions and a sense of gratitude and loyalty to your employees, including temporary workers!

Lab scientist

Scientist III (Current Employee) Commack, NY (US)

ProsUsed to be a great lab to work in, good pay, good benefits

ConsVery political, New CEO, massive lay offs, uncertain future. Recently bought by Actavis.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not who you know but what you know

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Interesting place to work...

Sales Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGood people in corporate office in NY

ConsLots of lifetimes, meaning little room for mobility

Advice to Senior Managementbe open and honest with staff. Promote people when they earn it.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Forest Labs? Contribute to the Community!