Forever 21

Updated Jul 25, 2014

2.4 1,242 reviews

Forever 21 Co-Founder and CEO Do Won Chang

Do Won Chang

Pros
  • Fun clothes, some delightful people, super-fast-paced; your days just fly by(in 77 reviews)

• Forever 21 is a fashion forward company(in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • 10% discount can be seen as a pro but it really doesn't do that much at the end of the day(in 75 reviews)

• Expect long hours with little regard to your personal life(in 65 reviews)

1,242 Employee Reviews

All hard work, nothing to show for it.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsHires just about anyone. Fun, fashionable atmosphere. Friendly employees. Management works well with your availability schedule if you have other commitments including school.

ConsExpectations are set very high. Terrible pay. No benefits. Very poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementI had a problem with discrimination on multiple occasions during work hours and I told my manager at the time of the incident. He claimed he had told the store manager and that they were going to address it but, three months have passed by and nothing has been done about it. My advice would be to listen to your employees especially for a special situation like mentioned.

Retail.

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) Doral, FL (US)

ProsSchedule flexibility is a pro especially for those who are still in school and are just looking for a part time job.

ConsWorking retail is in itself a con because of the exhaustion that comes with it. It's literally the second worst next to fast food. The amount of hours are minimal, we can't work more than 25 hours a week anymore.

Accessory Specialist

ProsGood first job, opportunity for advancement with good manager, pays better than most fashion retail store, non commission, great hours for people with flexible schedule

ConsHour can be long, non flexiable hours, bad store management, no room for advancement with bad manager

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate need to be more organize, need better management training, lower associate could use benefit,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ehh..

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsI was paid above minimum wage.
    10% employee discount.. which isn't much of a discount at all!

ConsIt was almost commission based. The more people said your name at the register, the more hours you would receive to work and eventually make more money.
    I was a college student at the time and told I would be able to come back during the winter break to work again and was denied when I came back and asked

I worked as a Sales Associate at Forever 21. I handled transactions, organized merchandise, and assisted customers.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThe best part about working there was making the store look good, and assisting with visual merchandising. Helping customers find what they were looking for was also a plus. On a daily basis I would help style customers and help them decide what looked best on them. I also love to organize, so keeping the store in top shape was a plus for me.

ConsOne con was the time off policies. If you call in sick, you are written up immediately with a "strike 1." Other than that, there were really no cons. My managers and co workers were excellent to work with and it was a fun and fast paced environment!

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter time off policies for part time employees

Good pay for retail horrible senior management

Visual Manager (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD (US)

ProsHealth benefits after 6 months, pay raise every 6 months, fun for fashion lover

ConsUpper level management is trash!!! High turnover of employees, discount sucks

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers!!!

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsCool co-workers
    Being around trendy clothes
    Great as a first retail job
    Busy & Fast paced

ConsManagers show favoritism
    Rude managers
    Only 10% discount
    Expect you to stay extra even after your scheduled time

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more kind to employees and praise them for heir good work

Fun environment, however pay is not worth the hours or stress.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsForever 21 has a cool and fun environment. The staff and managers are really fun to be around, so it makes work a little more bearable.

Cons10% discount can be seen as a pro but it really doesn't do that much at the end of the day. The low pay doesn't make up for amount of time and effort you put into the job...and believe me it takes a lot of work. The customers are probably the worst thing as they are very messy and don't care to make your job any easier. I really liked Forever 21 but I felt that in order to make a decent wage I had to put in way too many hours and even then I only got back between $200-300 per two weeks. Not worth it.

I really enjoy working here!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsNice co-workers, sometimes plays really good music, looking at clothes for hours, discount.

ConsThe "organization" of the clothes is kind of chaotic.

Good first job but can be stressful

Pros*You get a raise every year, not by a lot, but it's better than nothing :)
    *You get called in a lot when they're busy and need more ppl
    *You can advance in the job
    *It's not like some jobs where you only get 4 hr shifts. A lot of ppl get 5-8 hr shifts.

Cons*Closing sucks because you're still there almost 2 hours after the store has closed to clean up. Which is fine because that's what you have to do in any job, but their standards and how fast you have to be done is what's stressful
    *It's not easy to just get a shift covered when you have to study for something. Sometimes you already found someone to cover your shift and have a good reason for needing it, and they'll still say no.
    *Can be boring

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!