Fortress Investment Group

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Randal A. Nardone

Good place to work, bad place to learn

Liquid Markets Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsPay is reasonable and hours aren't terrible as long as you are efficient and can get your work done
    People are really nice

ConsWhile the people are really nice there is a really weird culture that isn't social at all. It seems the system has gotten so bureaucratic that a lot of people are leaving for more entrepreneurial environments.
    There is no buddy system or training program. They throw you right in and if you make mistakes it is on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider starting a more formal training program and more office events so people get to know each other. There is a group of really social interesting people, and a group of people who won't respond to a hello in the hall so more social interactions would make a difference.
    Otherwise Fortress has an extremely bright future!

Associate

Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat exposure, great learning experience for junior people, flat organization

ConsTough culture, poor work-life balance at times. Hard to move up without the connections

Great place to learn.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsHuge learning curve, great industry knowledge, positive team culture, teams that like to work hard / play hard, smart people with a desire to do what's right and willingness to train newer staff.

ConsThe hours are demanding during critical times in the month / quarter depending on which group you are part of. Sometimes you run into political drama at the higher levels that trickles down to staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. You set a positive tone for the staff below you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsSmart, motivated, driven people. Close knit teams that are willing to help train and assist with work load.

ConsFelt the need to put in face time during even during slow times.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter integration amongst groups, including managers.

Phenomenal learning experience in one of the top hedge funds in the industry.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsTreat employees right and have a great working environment that is never quiet by any means. Also working at a top firm has its advantages.

ConsOnly con I can personally think of is the horrible toilette paper they have in the bathrooms. It's the equivalent of wiping your bum with sandpaper.

Advice to Senior ManagementStock the fridges with red bull

Nice till it got bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Work Experience. Interesting Projects.

ConsPolitics
    Racism
    When they have no use for you they behave very bad and push you out instead of working with you to make transition painless.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat goes around comes around. Your turn will come when you will be pushed out.

Summer Intern

Summer Intern (Former Employee)

ProsThe firm has a great culture and team environment. They really incorporate interns into everyday work and projects. There are also many intern events that are a great way to meet the other interns and learn about other parts of the businesses.

ConsLong hours at times, but that's expected at a firm like Fortress. There is also access to upper management and MDs which is nice.

Great place to learn!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork with smart people, learn a lot of things!

ConsI can not think of a thing bad of this firm

Great company culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the top minds in the industry. Very interesting line of work and great variety of products they deal with

ConsNo formal training program. Must be ready to be thrown into the fire

Amazing

ProsGood pay
    Fun team
    Huge learning curve

Consnone at all. Very good experience

Worked for Fortress Investment Group? Contribute to the Community!