Franklin Electric

Add Photos

Franklin Electric Chairman and CEO R. Scott Trumbull

R. Scott Trumbull

Nice place to work.

Employee (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN (US)

ProsThe people are friendly and helpful. Depending on whom you are working for, there is flexibility to handle things you need to do as they come up. Overall positive experience. Good quality products you can be proud of.

ConsSome of the mid-level managers are disconnected from the people who end up doing the actual implementation of their desires/requirements. They still think too much like engineers and not enough like marketers. They have been slow to embrace new technology. No one wants to take ownership of their product line and be responsible for its representation to the public, even though the public is B2B.

The new computerized skills assessment can do you in if you don't pay close attention.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace the internet and current technologies. Pay attention to your marketing folks.

Rewarding and full of experiences.

ProsA new company when I started on 2005, New challenges every time to convey organization and employees to keep growing in labor experiences. Good Budget to invest on Technology where we need technology.

ConsThere are not to much to say about COns becuase Franklin Electric Keeps a Top companies top ten rate in the last 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow decisions takers to move forward on important projects to affect directly growth of the company.

OK place with room for improvement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilburton, OK (US)

Pros1. very dedicated and hard-working people on the production floor, including supervisors
    2. most office people are reasonable
    3. one of the few companies in Wilburton providing benefit

Cons1. plant manager gets erratic and many people are confused
    2. some new-hires are dumb and arrogant
    3. the facility is extremely hot in summer

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't waste people's time on the useless things.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

just a job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Prosthe people at this facility are great. many of them are long time employees and no one knows their jobs better than they do

Consthey are closing the plant but never made an announcement to the plant. They have simply moved one piece after another and stayed below the minimum federal required amount of people layed off that would force them to make an announcement.

Advice to Senior Managementcome clean early on and don't make the entire organization worry for years about the future of the plant. make the announcement, pick the people you want to stay till the end and offer them bonuses if they do. let everyone else trickle off, we have pride in our work so the products would still be good.

I really enjoyed working on the paintline.

Unhanger On Paintline (Former Employee) Wilburton, OK (US)

ProsIf a person is looking for fulltime work with excellent benefits, Franklin is the place to be. There are many learning opportunities within the factory for growth. The staff where I worked was very helpful, kind and considerate.

ConsThere was not enough air conditioning in the department where I worked or the factory. It was very hot there in the summer time, especially on the paintline. The fans provided helped but, needs to be cooler.
               Wider rubber mats would also be helpful on the paintline floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management has an excellent team of professionals that keep the company running smoothly. The incredible teamwork of all the workers and supervisors is what makes this Franklin Electric such a wonderful place to work.

Worked for Franklin Electric? Contribute to the Community!