Fujitsu America

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Fujitsu America President and CEO Robert D. Pryor

Robert D. Pryor

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Round after round of Sr leadership trying to fix a company in a mature or declining industry

I have been working at Fujitsu America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMost of the lower level people are great (although there are a few "bad apples" in the mix). The majority of the individual contributors are hard working and dedicated. Unfortunately, I think this masks the desperate situation the technology and business processes are in. Salaries are competitive for the most part. Work schedule can be flexible if you live outside of an office area.

ConsToo many to count. This is certainly a situation of "the cobbers children going without shoes". Fujitsu sells technology solutions and services to its clients but its own systems are a huge mess. Many people in the organization are very difficult to work with. Some departments are at war with other departments and try to sabotage them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop enabling the political actions that go on between departments. Get a system that works across all of the boundaries. Treat people better.....we can and will leave the company.

Good Salaries, old Technology

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Fujitsu America full-time for more than 8 years

ProsPay high salaries at least 20% over bay Area (average is $170K/year for manager), 5 weeks vacations for 10 years plus employee

ConsLay off people who they don't like, so it doesn't matter if you are working or not, if the boss like you, you are set.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good employee, not just the one you like

Stick a Fork in it. It's Done.

Engineer (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I worked at Fujitsu America full-time for more than a year

ProsSome people are very bright and you can learn new things from them. Company provides training and courses that can expand your knowledge.

ConsLow employee morale caused by the constant threat of surprise layoffs. One day they give you 10-year achievement award, the next day you clean your desk. I literally witnessed such situation here.
Promotions are unheard of. The same goes for the raises. They pay low, and don't give reasonable COLA increases, constant emergency "pay freezes."
I had an extremely rude and unprofessional supervisor with the history of anger and hostility toward subordinates and coworkers. I went to complain to his boss. The boss told me "well, you know, that's how he is." Are you kidding me? The company knows about his unacceptable behavior, but would not do anything to correct it! Unbelievable! After I quit I found out that he's a part of the good old boys club so he's pretty much untouchable. This is worse than nepotism!

Advice to Senior ManagementThrow in the towel. Fujitsu does many things, none of them well.

Bad company to grow your career at

Network Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Fujitsu America full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLots of free time, Decent Japanese food

ConsCompany lacks direction, No innovation, employees are treated like disposables, no career or salary growth, Poor leadership skills within management, below average compensation, these guys are all over the place and not good at anything. Getting up and going to work everyday is like going to hell and coming back.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead, Lead - Respect your employees and value them.

I was given a chance to learn many new things.

Hardware Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Fujitsu America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsA very good working environment.

ConsSales had hard time promoting some products.

Advice to Senior ManagementDepend more on engineering to help sell the products.

More difficult every year

I have been working at Fujitsu America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCorporate environment
Some stability
A lot of good people

ConsMore and more work needs to be done with less and less people
Changes of CEO
It feels like the company just tries to survive

A good company to work for with interesting projects and career potential

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Fujitsu America full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI enjoyed working for the company and felt like a real member of a team. The team with which I worked was great and we all worked well together. The company culture in general is good and work well done is rewarded and/or recognized.

ConsThe economic downtrend hit the company as well with no bonuses and salary increases, but that was to be expected with the general economy.

Great people poor management

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Fujitsu America full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople here are great. Work schedule is good and environment is a positive one. Decent campus and location to public transportation.

ConsUnfortunately the management does not have a firm grip on the current marketplace and the changes within it. The approach is a reactive one rather than a proactive one. Upper management seems to be riding the waves while employees are struggling without resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to gain focus and rely on the knowledgeable experts the employees

Started fine but company is struggling

I have been working at Fujitsu America

ProsWork/life balance, I work long hours at my own choosing, not because management demands it.

ConsSiloed, general poor employee morale

It used to be good before re-orgs and turmoil with the economy

Manager Consuting (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fujitsu America

ProsNot a bad company but used to be better

ConsThey had good practice structure and other good policies before the economic turmoil. But after they changed to region based, you cannot expect any carrier rather if you want an immediate stop gap project you can take that up.

Worked for Fujitsu America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fujitsu America reviews and ratings in Sunnyvale, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fujitsu America CEO Robert D. Pryor. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Fujitsu America employees.