GTM Sportswear

Updated Apr 05, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Dreiling

Great Company to work for, Runs like a mom and pop business

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time for more than a year

ProsWork from home.. they provide an entire home office, freedom to make your own hours, GAS CARD, 500 car allowance, ipad.

ConsLack of organization with the outside sales program, no structure, consistently changing the processes. seems like they were trying to figure out what to do with all of the outside reps and were overwhelmed, meanwhile they have 50 outside reps trying to figure things out on there own

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't Hire outside reps until a legit program is established

What have you done for me lately?

Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time for more than 8 years

ProsOpen creative platform, risk taking

ConsNo employee loyalty, low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider from where you came from and how you got to where you are now.

Awful organization if you want to succeed in outside sales

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at GTM Sportswear

ProsIPad, Cell Phone, Laptop which is what you get with most outside sales jobs

ConsManagement Sucks
No Sense of Direction
Unattainable goals
No market research or reasoning behind sales goals and zip codes

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who didn't go to K-State and had more experience than just working for this company.

They are very up beat, have an excellent working environment.

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time

ProsThey are helpful, they are understanding, they are very personable, and are always willing to help you with anything.

ConsIt is a very intense environment and gets a little much when you sit in cubicles all day.

brutal

TSR (Former Employee)

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time for less than a year

Proscoworkers are nice and fun to be around, however everyone who is talented is looking for other opportunities

Consleadership, inexperienced management, micromanagement, unprofessional, uneducated people

Advice to Senior Managementrecruit people with experience and professionalism. this company will be bought in the next year and hopefully have some potential.

Company, Leadership and. Management - Unbelievably HORRIBLE

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat industry; fun. Ability to cultivate relationships that are long lasting.

ConsOverall mission of the company sounds great but it's ALL smoke and mirrors. Really confused in leadership with extremely low long term retention. Awful place to work with even worse management and direction. Owner has too many irons in the fire and can't see the forrest for the trees. Sad!!!! RUN super fast if recruited or approached by this company!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together!!!!!

Fast Paced!!!

Logistics (Former Employee)

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time for less than a year

ProsLearned the importance of a fast pace environment. Good place to begin the importance of attention to detail in a growing company.

ConsAlthough the salary is not much, the staff is willing to help you and let you work extra hours.

The company has some growing pains. They do not know how to handle the employees, policies, etc.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey have great products and stand behind them. They offer some benefits for employees but it could greatly improve. They try to create great relationships with the customers and try to do everything for them.

ConsThey hire alot of young college kids from KS. They have a lot of issues with orders, they need to paid people more. They do not treat employees well. Most do not get raises even if they make their goals. They do not keep stock of popular items and run out of items all the time. New policy - if you leave they take half your vacation pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to treat employees better, if they have an issue with an employee they need to give them time to improve. They need to get more stock of things and control that better. They need to pay employees more so they will stay and when they do leave -give them all of their vacation time. Also the company doesn't realize that most employees making their goals were working overtime and are salaried employees. They have lots of dedicated employees that they do not give alot of benefits to.

Disappointed

Graphic Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time for less than a year

ProsAbility work with innovative technologies in a successful company in the midwest.

ConsThere is an upbeat culture and attitude of growth but it is only present in the white collar jobs. There is a lot of unnecessary drama.

Advice to Senior ManagementDave Dreiling has an amazing dream but does not know that the middle management treats loyal,talented people poorly. The potential is there...

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat workers, friendly management. Great group of people. There are some really nice folks at GTM

ConsPay is not so great if you are not in sales. Mandatory Overtime was not always the greatest but the OT pay was great. Some of the managers were not good people.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your workforce more.

Worked for GTM Sportswear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GTM Sportswear reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for GTM Sportswear CEO David Dreiling. All 19 reviews are posted anonymously by GTM Sportswear employees.