Garda World Security

Be The First To
Add Photos

Garda World Security Chairman, President, CEO Stéphan D. Crétier

Stéphan D. Crétier

Security guard at golf course

Security Guard (Former Employee)
Bedford, NS (Canada)

I worked at Garda World Security part-time for less than a year

ProsIt was easy work, not stressful or to demanding. I got to be outside in the sun all day out in the country. I never had to deal with anyone being violent or belligerent. My supervisor seemed like a nice, genuine guy

ConsIt was very boring work, mostly I just stood around. It was not fulfilling, and I definitely would not want to be doing it for the rest of my life.

Decent employment, but lots of room to improve

Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Garda World Security full-time for more than a year

ProsFriendly management. The company values employee safety and training. Benefits are decent. Full-time employment is stable and reliable.

ConsHamilton area is ridiculously over-staffed. Part-time employment is abysmal. Cannot find job positions anywhere since there is a line-up of a hundred workers looking for positions ahead of you. Management rarely returns phone calls or emails. Frequent errors with payroll that take weeks to correct. Security guards are underpaid and have no room for upward growth. Majority of security guards have extremely poor language skills in an industry where clear communication is an absolute necessity.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees a competitive wage. Stop hiring new employees when you're already over-staffed. Stop hiring under-trained and unqualified people for positions. Re-train your payroll staff.

Very Unprofessional Recruiters!

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Garda World Security full-time

ProsNothing really, other than the location and free parking

ConsRecruiters are very unprofessional, ask questions very irrelevant to position.
Compensation offered well below market rate!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with experience to work on your Recruitment so that you can get best quality candidates hired.

Grey cup then floater then no shifts then "let go"

Security Guard (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Garda World Security part-time for less than a year

ProsGot to meet some decent guards and had some relaxed sites. Uniforms are free and they offer free training, but you don't get paid for it.

ConsSupervisors are control freaks and look for any faults. You're surrounded by uneducated people who think their cops, completely unorganized structure. No hours and you worked for minimum wage. The more experienced guards are cynical because they realized they can't be cops and they're stuck at Garda, so they end up taking it out on the newbies. You can tell no one wants to be there, even the guy who ran my orientation flat out told us he's trying to join tps. The atmosphere is just depressing and just plain negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat is there to say you guys offer contract security.

Horrible, fear based management

Office (Current Employee)
Boca Raton, FL (US)

I have been working at Garda World Security full-time for less than a year

ProsConstantly too much work and don't pay overtime. Computers break all the time so you can look busy and do nothing....just smile and move fast and nobody gonna bother

ConsPoor attitudes and managers from Montreal Talk down and demean employees. Folks just complain about who be fired next in rif. Poor folk with kids can't afford the insurance

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your bills and maybe trucks will get fixed. Where's all the big sales win money going...not to pay bills or fix stufff

a little chaotic

Security Guard (Current Employee)
Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Garda World Security full-time for more than a year

Prosgood place for experience, and can be employed quickly as there's always vacancies. Just get your security licence and you're good to go.

Consmanagement out of touch and they dont care about employee issues. Incredibly high staff turnover, but that seems to be the norm in the security industry around here

Advice to Senior Managementspare a moment to listen to employee grieveances

Avoid this company

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Garda World Security full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLots of good, qualified staff at middle and higher levels. Field staff includes many willing to put in long hours to get the job done.

ConsCommitment to service execution is not very good. A culture of modest effort. No effort to respond in a timely fashion to the internal 'customer'. Management does not sufficiently share their real strategies and plans with mid-level ops and sales. Too heavily focused on cutting costs. Not paying vendors properly causing cutoff of vital services impacting service delivery.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest less in buying smaller competitors and use those dollars to prove infrastructure and hire the best branch managers at competitive wages.

One of the best and fastest growing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Garda World Security

ProsLots of opportunities for growth with the company and lots of sites to choose from.

ConsThe branch here has too many projects on the go at the same time and sometimes is late dealing with some outstanding issues

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be fair to employees

Its a good company but now I am waiting for a job and I need to work

Security Agent (Current Employee)
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Garda World Security full-time for less than a year

ProsIts a good company but when you are new, you have to wait for a job

ConsWhen you are not working, the waiting is killing me

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need a regular job

Great for entry, but not as good as you think

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Garda World Security full-time for more than a year

Pros-Provides steady income
-looks good on resume
-solid company polices, most things on the book

if you ever come up to a chance for a better employment opportunity, which you will, go for it, do not think Garda will treat you well, its the same as every other company even if, and especially because it is the largest company right now. Pay and job title speaks words, company name speak little.

Cons-office politics when it comes to complaints and something needs to be done
-poor benifits package
-integrity to the company is punished
-you have to consider the union fees in your wage

if you are about to do something site or company general approved of but not on paper, make sure you do it smartly, do not get caught, company will never save you for your integrity to the company.
if there is ever some sticky situation, if you can do something about it, and if you can choose not to, just don't do it, call mobile, call the client, don't get your own hands dirty because of it, the union, the company DOES NOT have your back covered.

Advice to Senior Managementpreference to seniority, even when they are in the wrong is never the best idea. If they can, they will, don't forget that.

Worked for Garda World Security? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Garda World Security reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Garda World Security CEO Stéphan D. Crétier. All 27 reviews are posted anonymously by Garda World Security employees.