Gardner Denver

Gardner Denver Reviews

Updated Jun 09, 2014

Gardner Denver CEO Michael M. Larsen

Michael M. Larsen

Very well rounded company with great values

Engineering Intern (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsCompany brings out the most in people. Brings a positive attitude and leads to teamwork.

ConsCompany has had some organizational issues. This has been getting better.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire students that are the right fit, regardless of the University attended.

Great place for work and life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpen door policy
    Employees are generally easy to get along with
    Laid back atmosphere
    In office gym is a great benefit

ConsIn recent years the change of management has cause some turmoil as has the recent sale but the foundation of the company still remains.

Good Company

Material Handler (Current Employee) Sedalia, MO (US)

ProsThis company works with you when you have family issues and have to adjust your schedule.

ConsPay could be better than it is

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsGreat coworkers. The managers took an interest in their subordinates and everyone seemed to have an "open door" policy.

ConsNot a lot of lateral movement or chances to cross-train. For the most part, it felt that whatever position you were hired for would be the position you would remain in for the duration of your tenure.

Toxic political environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat team of people, company with a long history of reliable products that is sinking because of corporate greed.

ConsEmployees are running away faster than rats from the sinking ship. Senior leadership and HR are trying to stop this but the trust is lost. Administrative overhead is increasing while HR service is reduced.

Get out while you can!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Quincy, IL (US)

ProsCompany with a large global footprint and very proud history. With the recent change in leadership, this proud ship is sinking fast.

ConsIt is obvious that the new leadership doesn't care about the company and is only interested in selling Gardner Denver for a quick buck. Larsen and his cronies will cash in big time and will not have to work another day in their lives, while the other 7000 employees will be left jobless. So sad.

Avoid if Possible

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

Pros- Decent salary
    - Lay-offs are extremely unlikely

Cons- Toxic political environment
    - Reactive Culture is Frequently Operating in Crisis Mode
    - Extremely resistant to change and new ideas
    - Good Ol' Boy System

good learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsGood life Good pay good culture

Consdont know how to retain talented ppl.

Advice to Senior Managementno comments

I had a great experience at GD for almost ten years as the company grew and changed.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Quincy, IL (US)

Pros-- The international nature of the businesses makes it complex, but also interesting.
    -- The diversity of products and customers served provides employees a wide variety of areas in which they can excel.

Cons-- The focus on reducing compensation and benefits in all areas outside the executive suite can make for a tough environment in which to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to use the really great Gardner Denver Way internal business system to leverage the company's synergies proactively with organic growth through customer-driven innovation excellence.

My experience has been good, Gained a lot of experience that can be used in my career.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sheboygan, WI (US)

Pros- Work is always fast paced and different every day
    - The managers are not over bearing on their employees
    - Good Industry to work in

Cons- A lot of emails sent out randomly with no regard to the correct person who should be answering them
    - Management only communicates with employees when there is problems

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep and a short and long term vision of the company. Also, please know what is going on your facilities that are far away. I am not convinced mgt has a clue

Worked for Gardner Denver? Contribute to the Community!