Gartner

Gartner Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Gartner CEO and Director Gene Hall

Gene Hall

Pros
  • Pooled vacation / sick day allowance which allows for great work-life balance(in 39 reviews)

• Gartner employs a lot of smart people which make it an exceptional environment to learn and grow(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Talks a good game for work-life balance, but many Account Executive jobs require round the clock work(in 16 reviews)

• Most promotions are internal , which means that middle management is not always best in class(in 16 reviews)

Love the culture. Love working for Gartner

Field Sales (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsVery result-recognition oriented. Awards high performance
    Super brand
    Invests on the employees
    Great culture - low on politics

ConsNot the easiest environment for average/low performers and therefore ends up having "bitter leavers"

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep an eye on the ground reality

Good benefits... but too slow growth..and confused management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood pay package and other benefits
    Work - personal life balance

Consvery slow professional growth
    confused managers with non-competency.
    Office politics

Advice to Senior Managementna

Excellent organisation and colleagues in Gartner

Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood learning experience in Gartner

ConsUnprofessional and lack of planning by higher management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for especially for females

ProsFlexible timing
    Global exposure
    Good managers
    Good visibility within the industry

ConsOffice politics
    Slow growth
    compensation
    Lack of good leadership in India

"Sinking Ship-Abandon before it drowns you and your morals in life"

Account Executive (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsIf you are fresher out of college excellent opportunity to make money and if you are experienced candidate from a tier-B companies a "So Called" brand name Gartner would attract you.

ConsIf there is one organization that dis*ts me it has to be Gartner. Every Sales driven organization is aggressive, competitive and crude when it comes to performance no denial in that. But Gartner India is decomp* internally to the core.

Compensation & Benefits- If you manage to close business by taking your prospects for a ride with no concrete product or service, you will make money.

Work/Life Balance- Highly Male chauvinist driven culture. Go and speak to few current employees they would tell you the tale of work life balance.

Senior Management- Their last India H* was fired in a weeks’ time after spending 8 years in Gartner due to his excellent people management skills. I wonder why did they wait for 8 years.

Last but not the least 60% of their current sales force have floated their CV in the market, don't believe me, ask any staffing company which does sales professional hunting.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts high time guys to get out of that shell which has crippled your spine.
    You are like that disgusting parent who when lose their child tell each other "don't worry dear, we will make another one "

Absolute fantasic place to work !!

Vice President (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsA true sales organization.
    Reward & Recognition oriented
    growth opportunities are ample and rewarded fairly

ConsBrand visibility could improve in certain markets

Gob Bless Gartner India

Accounts Executive (Current Employee) Mumbai

Prosexcellent brand name
    opportunties to interact with industry leaders
    great compensation
    respect in industry

ConsIndia leadership team is bunch of jokers
    no help provided to sales team by managers and regional head
    regional head and managers waste their time discussing strategy rather than being on field.

Advice to Senior Managementchange India management team and see the India sales team go high and high. Great talent but all wasted.

The overall experience made me learn on how to grow my business as a franchise. The management was a disappointment.

Accounts Executive (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsTrust Bases Relationships with clients
    Grow business and territory as your own franchise
    Good compensation plans

ConsManagement's leadership skills
    Internal perception on an individual's future and leadership skills based on what your reporting manager feels, and not on performance
    India head has no background of real sales so all is based on mindset and perception

Advice to Senior ManagementAn individual's growth in the company is based on the manager's decision alone. Its not even performance.. This allows managers to have biased attitude towards certain individuals which even the India Head relies on.. which is shame as it increases politics and more people leave the company which means more clients and business loss

Client Partner

Client Partner (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat company! Very positive culture and work environment. Extremely professional and welcoming. Management is very accessible and really takes care of associates, there is a lot of emphasis on professional and personal development. Extremely respectful of work/life balance, ideal company is you have a family and you are ready to challenge yourself and learn every day something new.

ConsData driven company. Hit your quota is essential for career progression and to maintain your role. Metrics really count. Numbers count more than words.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo on like this, you are extremity helpful and supportive.

Great place to learn and make a difference for your clients. But, management struggles to motivate.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule (if working remotely) and you make a significant impact to the clients that you work with. Great to work with and learn from the Gartner analyst team. Also, provide great training to equip you with the knowledge to approach CXO's. Also, well respected brand which is great for your resume.

ConsHigh growth company means that sales territories are shrinking, and with it earnings opportunity. Mid level management does not motivate and pushes a transactional model on what should be a strategic sales model. There seems to be a mismatch between manager goals and sales compensation. CRM is outdated which leads to duplication of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you offer your top performers the same opportunity and earnings today, that you did in the past. Do not promote the best reps, promote the best leaders who will inspire and motivate.

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!