Generac Power Systems

Generac Power Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Generac Power Systems CEO Aaron Jagdfeld

Aaron Jagdfeld

Frustrating, and not what I was sold during the interview process.

ProsPotential for growth is great.

ConsPoor benefits, no real push to create the change necessary to take the business to the next level. Upper management wants to create new processes, but won't fully fund the technology to create "excellence."

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time at the businesses that are creating real excellence, then fund the program to use tools that really work.

Transformation from a family business that cared about employees to a billion dollars business that ....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood opportunity for growth IF you are willing to give up balance of family work. Culture has changed for the positive. No more carpeting on the cubicles. Better atmosphere, meeting rooms and cafeteria.

ConsSenior mgt asks for input and opinions but doesn't really care. New senior mgt that loves the big picture and doesn't understand what it takes to get things done. Will churn through people without hesitation. HR department is as cold hearted as the last WI winter. Pay us below average.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your personal wealth out and get back to caring about the people that are instrumental in helping making you look good.

N/A

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Waukesha, WI (US)

ProsGrowing company; coworkers willing to help you when new.

ConsCompany is set in its ways and is very slow in evolving; resistant to change. Very strict PTO and hours; looked down upon if you are not in the office until 5 each day. Poor company culture - there are no "what's in it for me" benefits. Employees come to get their work done and leave. There is no effort in building relationships with team members.

Advice to Senior ManagementImmediate managers are not the problem - upper management needs to start changing the company culture.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Talk a good game during interview then work you to the bone.

Sales Support (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI (US)

ProsAlways lots of openings, due to constant turn around.

ConsThey talk about flexibility and family first during interviews but don't accommodate any requests once you are employed. You are expected to arrive early and stay late and without acknowledgement. Extremely draining atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible and accommodating to employees. Everyone has a personal life and most of us would like to see our families more.

Terrible

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI (US)

ProsLots of overtime, a good job for someone who s single and has no family or no life!!!!

ConsThey preach soo much about family and all of that and they dont care, you have to leave work...dont count on leaving without getting crap about it. if you need off for a weekend or something for a family gathering...dont count on it either, you would have to use your occurrences, which is nice but you only have 12 to use so if something goes wrong....ya gotta use an occurrence...the leads dont care and they always get rewarded either way even when other employees complain. there is favoritism for sure, if you dont know anyone your pretty much gonna be on the chopping block at the company. they are already getting rid of the temps and anyone who hasnt worked there a year has to find a new job withing the company because its slowing down...work-life balance is terrible the line was on 12 hour days during the week and then 10 hours on Saturday with Sunday off. people have been harassed so many times by my lead that he has ben written up, sued, all of the above literally, and he still is working there, just because of the favoritism...this place does not care at all about you. the production supervisor used to go around telling people they are a dime a dozen and screaming at them and pretty much treating them like dirt....ya def a place you want to work....

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is none this place is gonna keep working but at what cost.

Ok company in Engineering Department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay, customer focused, benefits, smart engineers. The company makes money hand over fist based on well designed engineered products, great lobby and cafeteria; good location

ConsSupport Departments, such as IT, HR, and Finance are broken with poor leadership

Advice to Senior Managementreevaluate senior leadership in support functions

Great place for growth as a Designer in the Mechanical Engineering field.

Designer (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI (US)

ProsFast paced environment, a growing industry, a growing company with good benefits, good vacation package, and quarterly bonuses. Company specific training available (not necessarily position specific)

ConsToo many processes or lack thereof can make work frustrating and stressful when things are happening at a blistering pace. This in turn causes for cranky overworked employees....
    Room for growth but you will eventually hit a "promotion ceiling" if you do not have a 4-year degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter systems (centralized system) and better processes (not more processes) will create better workflow and less confusion.

Good company, good team leads.

General Laborer (Former Employee) Whitewater, WI (US)

ProsThe management is great. A lot of overtime, so the paychecks are nice and big. Good work is recognized and rewarded. Management understands that the work is a bit mind-numbing, so they offer daily lunch deals from around town and occasionally free Gatorade. Always get your breaks.

ConsThe starting pay is a bit low. It is factory work, so it can get pretty repetitious and become boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrug test to give better pay.

Good starting point for those interested in a career in Power Generation

Territory Development Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsLearned a tremendous amount about stand-by power generation. Most sales positions are field based, company supplied vehicle, laptop, cell phone, gas card and company credit card for business expenses

ConsCompany cars now have GPS trackers for "insurance purposes" but in reality its used to track your movements. Bonus formula at that time were based on several factors that as a Territory Manager you had no control over and formula was undecipherable. Compensation was average for outside sales, inside sales compensation was horrible, less than 30K.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your Territory Managers more authority to address customer service issues with major accounts, especially regarding equipment failures and end user warranty issues.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

High-paced, promising company that isn't afraid to push.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI (US)

ProsYoung company in a promising industry. Strong future, once the necessary moves have been made.

ConsLack of processes and procedures can cause for chaotic times; Corporate feel isn't for everyone

Advice to Senior ManagementHire within for a change.

Worked for Generac Power Systems? Contribute to the Community!