General Dynamics

General Dynamics Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

General Dynamics CEO Phebe N. Novakovic

Phebe N. Novakovic

Pros
  • benefits, training, responsibility, great people to work with; team-oriented(in 9 reviews)

• The pay and benefits were incredible(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • HR and upper management are completely unaware of the male supervisors flirting with the female CSRs(in 10 reviews)

• There are a couple big time asses that somehow manage to stay in middle management despite their incredible ineptitude and lack of people skills(in 6 reviews)

Well run but lacks team atmosphere

Anonymous (Former Employee) Falls Church, VA (US)

ProsThe corporate office is filled with people that are experts in their fields. It makes it a great place to work to get things done right. The hours are manageable. The office is superb and there's a good onsite cafe.

ConsCan be very political at times. Some of the Sr Management doesn't feel it needs to mix with staff. Very little if any team environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice more "Management By Walking Around"

Good Company

Identity Management (Former Employee) West Des Moines, IA (US)

ProsI worked for the best boss I have ever had. The guy was a leader not a boss. Great ethics. People I worked with were very knowledgable and helpful.

ConsLots of confusion in the ranks as the company, in West Des Moines, was going through 2 purchases.

Advice to Senior ManagementBump up your compensation package. Your technical people are underpaid.

General Dynamics Customer Service Representative I

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Winchester, KY (US)

ProsGood beneftis, great people to work with, great atmosphere, opportunity for advancement...eventually. Really helping people from all over the US.

ConsComputer problems made it very frustrating at times. Low starting pay with no raises for a long period of time. Very strict attendance policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer incentives for performance and attendance. You do a great job of creating a good atmosphere but morale suffers when there is nothing to work for (bonuses, raises).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good company to work for while they were the prime on contract.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsVery supportive management. Intelligent team of software engineers to work with.

ConsFair compensation given market conditions, nothing extraordinary.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunities for training and advancement. More individualized job performance plans.

Paid Well, but the drama superceeded it. the workload and instability creates a demeaning environment.

Team Supervisor (Former Employee) Waco, TX (US)

ProsGreat benefits. Good pay. Decent training program.

ConsLack of actual managemen amd incentives. Senior management team was a flop. Couldnt stick to policy and procedures. Didnt back supervisors. Hired too many ratchet club going drama queens and drug bumpers. Hostile working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to lead by example. U have to be one first. If u want people to do as they should. U must develop them. Get ahold of ur hr departments and start filteringhru the crap u hired
     Keep ur promises and stop fooling with people's paychecks. Show consistency.

general dynamics

ProsMade about 10 grand in 3 months overtime was great

ConsCompany laid everyone off as

Too much work too little time and people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO (US)

ProsIt was decent pay and a clean office.

ConsExpect too much while providing too little manpower and resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees time and be aware of the demands you are making to your subordinates.

Not the worst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay and benefits were pretty good and the employees were great to work with.

ConsCompany didn't plan ahead. Management needed sensitivity training on how to deal with employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the little guy to get a better feel for your company.

G D was a great place to work.

Submarines (Former Employee) Goose Creek, SC (US)

ProsG D WAS A PROFIT SHARING COMPANY.

ConsYou had to be a safe working welder.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfit is a great tool

Demanding but rewarding.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Falls Church, VA (US)

ProsThe work environment is stimulating because you work with a lot of very sharp and hard-working people. This keeps you on your toes and makes you improve. You will work hard and you can learn a lot here. Elegant work surroundings and good compensation & benefits.

ConsThe culture is old-fashioned when it comes to things like work-life balance & flexible work hours. Business dress (suits) is required all the time. HQ is lean so there are few opportunities for growth or promotion. Some people feel that getting ahead depends more on politics than on capability.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more openly to employees.

Worked for General Dynamics? Contribute to the Community!