GoDaddy Reviews

Updated 24 October 2014
3.1

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 30 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 24 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Exciting work, great people

Current Employee - Database Administrator
    Current Employee - Database Administrator

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

What's great about GoDaddy is the scale of everything. Everything is big, complicated, and built to be reliable. There is no better place to perfect your technical skills.

Cons

This is a very demanding job, and the hours are intense.

Engineering on call rotations are too short and exhausting.

Incredible Journey

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

In the time that I've been with GoDaddy, I've seen the company evolved from just a few hundred people to the organization it is today. There have been a lot of changes, but at the core, I've always felt valued and appreciated for the work that I've put in. The company vision is sincere and everyone really is focused on helping small businesses. The people at GoDaddy are all there to get stuff done and work their butts off, but folks are appreciated (and compensated) well for it. Some reviews mention difficulty with work-life balance, but in my experience it's really been about making sure that my stuff was done or that things would get done while I was out and owning that outcome.

Cons

Lots of change so, if you're not ready for a seriously dynamic environment, it might not be the right place for you. If you enjoy a start up feel (with all the good and bad that entails) then it might be great.

Keep listening to people and being transparent. You can't please everyone all the time so don't follow the squeaky wheel either.

GREAT place to work

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Great environment. I enjoyed the people, the pay and everything else

Cons

no cons, it was amazing to work here.

Great Experience, Stressful, Excellent Learning Experiences.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Been at GoDaddy for over 5yrs and it has been a great learning experience for sure. Benefits are awesome and the people are great as well. Plenty of opportunities to learn all kinds of new technology. GoDaddy has been very good on training and continuing education benefits.

Cons

Growth here is difficult, as that when people into certain positions that makes it very tough to move into something else cause they tend to stay there for a while. Work life balance isn't too bad, expect a lot of on call and some late nights when things have to be fixed or updated. The job can be stressful at time, but the end it pays off. GoDaddy expects a lot from it's employees for sure, "Work Hard, Play Hard"

More focus on career advancement and opportunities, seems over the past few years it has been way more difficult to move up or into something more challenging and people tend to languish in a dead end position with no hopes of moving forward, this results in people looking for other jobs elsewhere and we lose good seasoned talent at that point.

GoDaddy Response

Oct 21, 2014Customer Care Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the great feedback about career-pathing. We hear you loud and clear and are working to improve our internal career development programs.

Great Internship experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I worked at GoDaddy as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The sunnyvale office has many amenities available for you and the work environment was also very relaxed.

Cons

I didn't have any problems with my internship it was pretty fun.

Good company

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

I didn't feel there was room for advancement

This is a company that truly invests in it's employees. The return on investment is quality employees

Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The opportunity for advancement is limitless as long as you are ambitious. After 90 days, you can shadow other departments and apply for what you want.

Cons

This is a 24 hour operation, so some employees end up working holidays if there aren't enough volunteers.

Continue to request the feedback of the agents, so the company can continue grow and become more refined.

Sales

Current Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Cedar Rapids, IA (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good atmosphere and work environment and a lot of great people work there. Supervisors are encouraging and want you to succeed. Everyday is different and the job never gets boring.

Cons

They don't train you well enough, have to learn as you go and there is a lot to learn. Not many areas for advancement and if you are able to move to a different department chances are it will still be in the phone center talking on the phones.

Have better training to start with.

GoDaddy Entry Level Employee

Former Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a decent place to work. From my knowledge not exceptional compared to other companies of this kind.

Cons

As others have said, you need to provide technical support while trying to sell, sell, sell.

One or the other. Tech support or sales.

Great Company working on becoming like everyone else

Current Employee - Data Center Technician L2 in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Data Center Technician L2 in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is making money

Cons

The company is staffing like they aren't making any money

The company was really great to work for but your drive to corporatize the organization is making it difficult to be excited about working here.