GoDaddy

GoDaddy Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving

Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them)(in 24 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do(in 18 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed(in 6 reviews)

Pretty cool

Technical Support & Sales (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsLots of cool people, laid back environment

ConsHuge emphasis on selling, kind of makes you feel bad If you aren't selling very well

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't act like jerks if you get asked questions

Great Growth Opportunities

ProsA lot of career choices

ConsOver the phone sales is entry level. If you have great numbers, moving to different departments is much easier. If not, then you should start looking elsewhere.

New management taking away all the things that made it cool to work there.

Software Developer (Former Employee)

ProsCasual atmosphere. Flexible work schedule. Ability to work from home.

ConsCompensation below norm (they think that bonuses make up for it but they're wrong). Technology not as advanced as you'd expect. New management is slowly chipping away at benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace old technology. Stop taking away benefits. No one is fooled by the new "unlimited vacation time" policy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome company to work for.

Bilingual Sales and Support (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsExcellent benefits starting on first day. Great training and team work with all departments. Smart operations system and quick resolving issues to satisfy the customers. Great support from supervisors and senior team members. Opportunity for personal growth and cross training. Great biweekly sales bonus. Great food in the cafeteria for lunch and dinner time. Opportunity for overtime double pay.

ConsNo room for promotions; forced sales to clients in order to maintain minimum sales goal. More sales oriented than customer care.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work but don't forget that the customers you service are the ones to pay your salary.

Cool place to work

Analyst (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsLots of great things happening at the leadership level. Higher ups are happy to hear what you have to say and the environment is pretty positive for the most part

ConsLots of levels to have to work through in order to get anything done. Can make something that should be easy take a very long amount of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the work and positive changes!

Boring..

Technical Support & Sales (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsYou get some free domains, and hosting. You get a lot of respect.

ConsEverything is a letdown, their PCs are outdated, managers talk to you like you're nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo respect us

A great place to work, but not to make a career.

IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsGoDaddy offers a great environment to work in. The people are friendly and the management staff shows genuine concern for the well being of their reports. Hourly employees are often eligible for prizes and incentives from competitions along with commission payout for meeting metrics.

ConsGoDaddy is metrics heavy in many departments; they fail to recognize individuals who give 110% if they can't meet 'x' amount in sales or interactions. Those in the salaried positions are excluded from all contests, and the compensation offered isn't generally much higher than an hourly employee may be able to earn in many positions. There are learning opportunities for advancement, but the instructors are often under-qualified or the material is sub-par.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent; employees deserve to know what is happening at upper-levels and how it will effect them.
    Take more time to prepare; it seems many major decisions are made with no or insufficient planning, especially when it comes to department changes. This results in there being tasks that fall into the cracks, bitterness between employees and departments, and an overall feeling of being tossed around with nothing to hold onto. It can be quite frustrating.

Good opportunities, but very stressful

Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsBenefits are excellent. Opportunities to learn and grow are great. Fun company and they compensate their employees well.

ConsHowever, because they only hire from within, management often has great technical skills but lacks management skills. This creates tension and stress. They pay well and know it, therefore also demand availability and high skill. If I had no life outside of work, this would have been great.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training for your managers. Focus on soft skills.

Great Place to work....at first.

Professional Hosting Services (Former Employee) Hiawatha, IA (US)

ProsGreat benefits, awesome contests, killer Christmas party, and pretty good pay!

ConsMetrics based, look for reasons to fire, difficult to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little bit more forgiving of small mistakes. It's okay to make mistakes everyone will.

Fun while it lasted

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsI loved the EAI's, which stood for Employee Appreciation Initiative. Basically as a team you would take off early for the day and go have fun together. Godaddy also paid for a motorcycle introduction class on my behalf. Health insurance was better than average for the industry.

ConsNew leadership has it's pros and cons. Leadership, IMHO, are moving toward traditional internet company hubs like seattle and bay area in california, and out of other locations. Going through growing pains as company tries to go public.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!