Google

4.2 2,327 reviews

Google Co-Founder & CEO Larry Page

Larry Page

(1,241 ratings)

Pros
  • Great work-life balance with adequate opportunity for career development (in 105 reviews)

• Free food, amazing people, amazing vision - almost everything about this company is a pro (in 220 reviews)

Cons
  • This is one reason why maintaining a good work-life balance can be challenging (in 100 reviews)

• You can feel that it's a really big company now - difficult to advance & a lot of red tape (in 71 reviews)

More Highlights
2,327 Employee Reviews

Associate Account

ProsEverything above the bar of excellence

ConsGoogle cannot have anything less than the best

great

AdWords Strategist (Former Employee) Hyderābād

Prosculture, benefits, perks, facilities, opportunity

ConsNot a typical corporate set up so you will face trouble dealing with work culture at other places if you ever decide to move out. This also leads to stagnation at some point in cases where direction is a little unclear

very good

Software Developer (Former Employee) Hyderābād

Prosexellent work enviornment
    good people to work with
    low work load

Consno as such cons i discovered yet in my experience

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Super place to work, fantastic employer, average work

Associate (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsGreat place to work, outstanding culture, great brand

ConsCareer Progression, nature of work

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open about nature of work during recruiting process.

Awesome love the work with Google Adsense

Adsense Publisher (Former Employee) Hyderābād

ProsThe Google Network has some cool features that should concern its competition. For starters, it can disclose the sites you run ads on and report performance on a site-by-site basis. This enables you to focus buys on those sites (inventory allowing). An inability to see where your ads appear has always been a barrier for some advertisers.

ConsOne drawback is there are no inventory level guarantees. This is true of any network, but with Google it can get even more difficult as you can't reserve inventory (expensive home page buyouts aside). A bidder can bump you out of certain placements by bidding higher and raising his maximum CPM.

Advice to Senior ManagementLike any other online marketer, I have a certain amount of anxiety about Google getting into new areas and potentially dominating every facet of online marketing. It can be a little scary. No one wants to be beholden to one organization. But for firms like mine, which tightly integrate search and online media, Google Network's potential is pretty great. Since we already manage our clients' AdWords accounts, we're the most likely candidate to manage all campaigns running through Google's platform.

Great place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsEverything is good - work culture,environment and salary.

ConsNone.The brand name hides if are any.

Software Engineering Intern

Intern (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsAwesome place to work for. Awesome people and great culture. Food was a way lot better than college mess food.

ConsAfter the internship you take a bit of time to settle for the college mess food. To be serious, none con that I noticed.

6 years of background as Team Lead with hands on experience in team management, management reports

Team Lead (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsIt is a Dynamic organization, project planning, time management, and has multi-tasking abilities.

ConsNothing as such, Google has the best working culture

Life changing

Account Strategist (Former Employee) Hyderābād

ProsAbility to make a diiference

ConsFalling into the pattern of any other large company

Good Comapany

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Benifits,comensation package and work balance

Consnothing to say about it yaar

Advice to Senior Managementno

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!