Great Southern Bancorp

Great Southern Bancorp Reviews

Updated Mar 06, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Southern Bancorp President, CEO, and Director, Great Southern Bancorp and Great Southern Bank Joe Turner

Joe Turner

Caring company, great benefits, overall a fantastic place to work.

Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at Great Southern Bancorp full-time for less than a year

ProsGREAT benefits for full time and part time employees, included paid time off, 401k, insurance and product discounts within the company. Excellent training staff with an at your own pace concept. Smaller company mindset, made it feel more personal.

ConsPromotions are few and far between unless someone above you leaves, and with only 4-5 employees at smaller branches, it's unlikely. Pay isn't the greatest, it's better suited for a student or someone with a second household income.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to keep employees, think about giving small raises based on performance. It's discouraging to those who are advancing with training and taking on more responsibilities/job duties but are receiving nothing in return. As far as leadership and office culture, I wouldn't change a thing. I absolutely LOVED working with this company and would come back in a heartbeat if the pay were better.

Everyday is a new adventure, meeting new people with new experiences.

Personal Banker (Current Employee)

I have been working at Great Southern Bancorp full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company to work for, the people are amazing and everyone is like a family. The hours are also so of best I have ever seen for a bank.

ConsThe only real downfall to this job is the amount of money you make. They could afford to pay their employees more for how good of customer service they provide.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more pay to employees, other than that, the company is perfect.

Good upper management but the BC managers are out of control

I have been working at Great Southern Bancorp full-time

ProsPretty good benefits, a lot of involvement in the community

ConsLow pay. Upper management does not have any clue what is going on in the banking centers. A lot of favoritism

Bank Teller

Bank Teller (Former Employee)
Joplin, MO (US)

I worked at Great Southern Bancorp part-time for less than a year

ProsGood place to gain experience as a teller if you don't have previous customer service or finance experience

ConsLower than average wages, tellers are kept on extremely tight leash as you're not even allowed to work on programs like word and excel

Advice to Senior ManagementGood giving employees incentives like competitions for referrals, but need to give tellers better access to modern technology like Microsoft Office

Happy Camper

I have been working at Great Southern Bancorp

ProsGrowth opportunity, supportive and progressive atmosphere.

ConsNew to the MN market and may take a while to adapt.

Job was good, pay was bad.

Item Processing Clerk (Current Employee)

I have been working at Great Southern Bancorp part-time for less than a year

ProsThe interviewing process was good and very easy. The department I worked in consisted of about 15 or more co-workers. The co-workers were all nice. The manager and supervisor were very nice and understanding of scheduling restraints; they had no problem working around your schedule. The atmosphere was positive. The training was not too intensive and they start you at a good pace to learn everything.

ConsThere were not many cons in my department. The major, and changing factor, was the pay. The pay was very low compared nationally and locally.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more.

I am overall satisfied with my experience thus far with Great Southern Bank

I have been working at Great Southern Bancorp

Prosgood place for internal growth, management and staff provide workers with adequate information and knowledge to succeed at job duties

Conswork a lot of hours, pay isn't very fair due to job responsibilities and work load

Satisfied for a college part time position

Bank Teller (Former Employee)

I worked at Great Southern Bancorp

ProsVery flexible on work schedule, very knowledgeable information you can use somewhere else

ConsManagement arent reallty doing there jobs depending on the branch you work at.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more focus on you employees

It pays the bills. They care more about money than customer service and employee happiness. Not a horrible place to work

I have been working at Great Southern Bancorp

ProsStaff, gain knowledge you will use forever.

ConsCheap! Will not give raises and do not care how qualified you are.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nicer to your tellers, we see all the people you want happy. You should want us to be happy.

Worked for Great Southern Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Great Southern Bancorp reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Great Southern Bancorp CEO Joe Turner. All 9 reviews are posted anonymously by Great Southern Bancorp employees.