H E B

H E B Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

H E B Chairman and CEO Charles C. Butt

Charles C. Butt

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, managers are generally nice, great work environment(in 42 reviews)

• Great benefits and excellent opportunity to advance for those who want it(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • as with all retail jobs, there is poor work-life balance, chaotic scheduling(in 16 reviews)

• Can become full-time as positions open up, or as department budget constraints allow(in 18 reviews)

AWESOME STORE

HEB Cashier (Current Employee) Cypress, TX (US)

ProsGreat staff, great customers, and great atmosphere. Plus great pay. Cashiers start off at $9 an hour . Plus great benefis your partner card gets you great discounts.

ConsThe main service manager isnt great. He is very rude one moment and trying to play with you the next moment. The managers play favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being judgmental to your employees and stop playing favorites.

Great Company

Showtime Representative (Current Employee) Katy, TX (US)

ProsGreat incentives like free monthly items and discount off of HEB products. We even have appreciation days when they make us free lunches about 1 a month

ConsNothing. Maybe the customer service aspect when you have difficult people but its such a breeze. I love my job!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Great company

Manager (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsCompany has great values and sense of community.
    Engourages growth and learning and working in teams.
    Offers flexibility in the work schedule

ConsPay is not negotiable and lower than market for certain positions.
    Reviews are not always based on performance but on perception

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great hands-on experience

Plant Maintenance (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsVery good company culture, which is reflected in any employee, its mission and core values are the best and standards are the highest . Internship program is great and gives you the opportunity to network with different areas of their industry, not only the ones you are currently working for.

ConsGrowth in engineering-related careers is very low. Personally, I would like to work in challenging engineering projects in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall everything was great, I have no complaints about it.

My experience at HEB was very good, love the management.

HEB Cashier (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThe pay, the friends you can make, and the all around experience

ConsSometimes competing to try and get hours when there are a lot of people working at the same one.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter contact

Checker at HEB

Checker (Former Employee) College Station, TX (US)

ProsThe management is great. All other employees have the same goal and are focused on providing a good experience for the customer. It is easy to pick up shifts, and there are great perks when it comes to your work ethic.

ConsVery hard to stand out and move up. However, most times this is a part-time job only, so that may not matter for many people.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great. I wouldn't change a thing

Have worked with this company for over three years and they have an outstanding ability to keep innovation alive.

HEB Cashier (Former Employee) Katy, TX (US)

ProsThey are very flexible with schedules and allow you to pick pretty much any department that offers promotion/raises over time. GOOD PAY

ConsBeing in customer service is a little daunting but thats just if you work in service.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore partner bonding would be good for company moral.

Employee Oriented With Decent Pay

Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsVery friendly workplace
    Better than average pay compared to industry standards
    Fast paced work environment makes shifts go quickly
    Excellent benefits

ConsMoving forward is difficult until you learn their system
    Forget about holidays and weekends
    Part Time only starting out
    Shifts can fluctuate a lot depending on department anywhere from 0600-midnight.

Advice to Senior ManagementSend HR managers to stores to ensure Unit Directors and Department Managers are informing partners about the incredible opportunities the company has available. Focus more on internal development of partners who start at the bottom than on external hiring.

Fast pace and challenging but very rewarding.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsThe culture is great and almost everyone is very friendly. The company wants to help make you succeed and give you great benefits! Exceptional company to work for. HEB is really going places and making big impacts.

ConsA bit of a workaholic culture. At least in my department, it seems like the higher up you are, the more hours you work.

Great place to work.

Production Partner II (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsGreat place to work. Great benefits. Flexible Schedule. Meet a lot of different people. Opportunity for growth.

ConsManagement can expect to much at times. More bonuses would be nice. Reviews could be better to get a better understanding on how to advance your career within the company. Coworker issues depending were your at.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more open discussion meeting and follow through with everyone issues.

Worked for H E B? Contribute to the Community!