H E B

H E B Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

H E B Chairman and CEO Charles C. Butt

Charles C. Butt

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, managers are generally nice, great work environment (in 42 reviews)

• Great benefits and excellent opportunity to advance for those who want it (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • as with all retail jobs, there is poor work-life balance, chaotic scheduling (in 16 reviews)

• Can become full-time as positions open up, or as department budget constraints allow (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

AWESOME STORE

HEB Cashier (Current Employee) Cypress, TX (US)

ProsGreat staff, great customers, and great atmosphere. Plus great pay. Cashiers start off at $9 an hour . Plus great benefis your partner card gets you great discounts.

ConsThe main service manager isnt great. He is very rude one moment and trying to play with you the next moment. The managers play favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being judgmental to your employees and stop playing favorites.

Great Company

Showtime Representative (Current Employee) Katy, TX (US)

ProsGreat incentives like free monthly items and discount off of HEB products. We even have appreciation days when they make us free lunches about 1 a month

ConsNothing. Maybe the customer service aspect when you have difficult people but its such a breeze. I love my job!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Checker at HEB

Checker (Former Employee) College Station, TX (US)

ProsThe management is great. All other employees have the same goal and are focused on providing a good experience for the customer. It is easy to pick up shifts, and there are great perks when it comes to your work ethic.

ConsVery hard to stand out and move up. However, most times this is a part-time job only, so that may not matter for many people.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great. I wouldn't change a thing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing experience working for

Cashier (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsThis company is one of the few that genuinely cares for it's employees. I actually enjoyed going to work. They are very understanding when it comes to your work schedule, which makes it the perfect place for students to work. I was going to college while I worked here, and many of the people I worked with were in high school or college. So many good vibes being put off here that you really enjoy interacting with customers.

ConsOf course, there are those customers who just HAVE to be difficult but that's just the nature of customer service. If you're nice to them, the majority of them will be nice right back. That is no fault of the company itself. I honestly can't think of anything wrong with this company.

Have worked with this company for over three years and they have an outstanding ability to keep innovation alive.

HEB Cashier (Former Employee) Katy, TX (US)

ProsThey are very flexible with schedules and allow you to pick pretty much any department that offers promotion/raises over time. GOOD PAY

ConsBeing in customer service is a little daunting but thats just if you work in service.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore partner bonding would be good for company moral.

grate storer

Night Stalker (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

Proshelpful people grate store good benefits grate career opportunities senior management is vary good and helpful and willing to help you with your opportunities to advance your career and help us make it the best place to work.

Consmost of the senior management in a short time of being at a new storer try and learn all the names and faces and until they get to know you they some times call you by the wrong name.

Advice to Senior Managementnot at this time.

Great Place to start working as a teen

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork-life balance
    Making life-long friends
    Flexible schedule

ConsManagers can sometimes be a pain, but overall it's a good company... Difficult to move up if you're not a "good ole' boy"

This location is VERY busy! (500 - 570 prescriptions a day during cold/flu season)

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Killeen, TX (US)

ProsThe co-workers are great, feels like a big family, the employee discount card is really nice, good at giving days off when needed, etc.

ConsThis location is VERY busy!! They do about 500 - 570 prescriptions a day during cold/flu season. The pharmacy is really close to the Fort Hood Army base so a lot of their customers are soldiers, which means a lot of new profiles need to be made since the soldiers are always getting stationed at different locations across the country. There is definitely a lot of stress working at this pharmacy for the fact that no matter how fast you work you rarely leave the pharmacy at night with nothing in the data entry/fill station queues, it's very hard to ever get caught up on everything. The standard wait time is 2 hours which surprisingly a lot of the customers are ok with and they just leave and come back later in the day/night. If you don't mind a pharmacy that is super fast paced with a high stress level then it's worth it to work here, the company itself is great to work for and the co-workers are great.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis pharmacy definitely needs to be added to the call center (if they haven't already), not having to answer phone calls every other minute throughout the day would really help productivity increase.

Great Company

Prosemployees get free products about every 2 weeks and great discounts

ConsPay is better than competitors but is lacking in management area

Advice to Senior ManagementThose individual who pursue for SORM and SORL (School or Retail Management & School of Retail Leadership) pay incident should be more than .50 per hour.

Production Partner II

Production Partner II (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsPay, benefits, flexible schedule. great people

Consmanagment can be lost at times, and co workers get pampered to much

Worked for H E B? Contribute to the Community!