H&M

H&M Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

H&M Managing Director & CEO Karl-Johan Persson

Karl-Johan Persson

Pros
  • H&M was willing to work with my school schedule and kept it consistent for the most part(in 58 reviews)

• Great Benefits; Pay; Fun Co-workers; Discounts;Fast pace(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • did not enjoy my environment overall and was very sad because I love H&M(in 53 reviews)

• It is a fast paced environment which means long hours on your feet(in 20 reviews)

working with H&M is like a dream come true

Merchandiser (Former Employee) New Delhi

Prosyou are fully independent.
    you get the opportunities to present in front of suppliers and clients.
    work culture is nice, very little politics.
    you get sat's off, with absolutely no pressure.

Consplease dont join if you are scared of targets

Advice to Senior Managementkeep going !!!

Interview

Merchandiser (Former Employee) Delhi

ProsLots of technical thing can be learnt.

Consorganization is very flat & hence less chances to get promoted.

Good Company, Incompetent higher management

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsValues
    Flexibility
    Learning
    Strong internal methods and systems
    Ethical
    Employee friendly policies and exposure to an international work culture.
    Flexible timing options

ConsNon-transparent management.
    Manipulative and incompetent HR staff. Sometimes the HR is so unprofessional that you start wondering if this is even a company to start with!
    Absence of a clear development plan for employees.
    Salary discussions are usually a monologue.
    Inconsistent reviews and no clear expectations to employees.
    Blame game and politics. Growth is based on everything else but performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire sensible HR managers who don't try to manipulate employees with their unprofessional talks. Bring a "people strategy" to the organisation and try to retain the good employees. Create a trust-based atmosphere by following company values -(these are totally absent from the company at the time this review is written) Make salary discussions a logical dialogue, rather than a dogma. Managers should start caring a little more about all this.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great pay

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA (US)

ProsGreat pay. alwasy something to do at work, never bored. You have the opportunity to gain multiple skill sets relevent to other industries outside of retail

ConsDon't talk to other employees too much. could have better communication. I went to work one day and then said or sorry you are laid off. It was very embarrassing.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter Communication

Loved It

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Best company I've ever worked for promotes from within and there arealways opportunities for advancement

Consmanagers aren't always on the same page with one another

jkhkj

Prosmoney, people, stable, reliabe, growth

Conshardwork, long hours, crazy ppl, pay, location

I loved it!

Sales Advisor (Former Employee) Geneva, IL (US)

ProsThe family atmosphere, first dibs on cool clothes, the 25% was awesome! We would get free food when we met goal.

ConsThe long hours. The 1-10 shift is the devil lol. Sometimes we didn't have a store manager but when we did they were super strict and didn't make work easy. Also I think we should have had a 5 min grace period before we clock in. Because sometimes the managers could do it but the regular sales advisors couldn't. And they will doc you for being 1 min late. If they want to. It depends on the sup that day.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the attendance policy or make a grace period. That's Why H&M turnover rate is so high because on attendance.

H&M is everything a college student looks for in a job!

Part-time Sales Advisor (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsH&M pay is more than reasonable for what it is. H&M more than a job, it seemed like a family. They value every single one of their employees and they want you to succeed with them. You get many opportunities to grow with them. Most store managers started as part time sales advisors. How crazy is that?

ConsCustomers can sometimes be very demanding of you and it may be overwhelming when trying to accomplish one of the many fun tasks management has assigned for you.

Enjoyable

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsMany opportunities are available, and you get to meet a variety of people with vibrant personalities. Also: employee discounts!

ConsNot AS flexible a schedule as I needed, and I had to miss out on a lot of things in university that could have benefited me. I had to put work first - have to pay the bills somehow.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, be more flexible with scheduling!

cool job

Sales Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Prosfriends i made were cool, checks were good

Consnot enough people on the clock workload gets heavy

Advice to Senior Managementhire more people !

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!