HARMAN

HARMAN Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

HARMAN Chairman, President and CEO Dinesh C. Paliwal

Dinesh C. Paliwal

Pros
  • Flexible schedules creating a good work/life balance(in 12 reviews)

• The company offers good hourly wages; good benefits package; and a clean work environment(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance, Technical trainnigs rea missing(in 6 reviews)

• Cost cutting is painful and counter-productive as everything has been outsourced(in 6 reviews)

Good Company, Great guys, Dedicated Employees

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsWork Life balance, Good Salary

ConsTransparency is missing. Higher management have no communication with employees

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should be transparent enough and open for any type for suggestions. Senior management needs to have more involvement with the employess

Bad place, Bad boss, No Hike

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

Pros1 in 8 months you get some good work to do that's all good there is rest of 7 months you are only doing Bug Fixing

ConsHarman Pro one of the three business unit of Harman has no money neither for your salary nor for infrastructure which you need for your work.
    Giving a laptop to an employee is like giving you 30% bonus for them what they don't understand that this is a basic requirement. Pro BU's director is from Services company and so is every other team lead. They all still think they are in a services company. They call themselves Product company and then follow Service company culture.
    Work life balance is also not so good.
    Just to give you an idea hike here never goes above 10% for seniors and 15% for fresher. This too only if you are very good at buttering.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire HPro BU's director and his chamchas for a start.
    Recruit some good guys with actual leadership skill .

No work life balance, NO Resource planning, over commitment, incompetent leads and managers, leads with bossy attitude

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood salary package only during joining
    After that hike will be given only if you are close to manager and say yes to everything he says [ even if he says put that glass over there]

Cons1. No Career path defined, only if you bring this issue they will think of that.
    2. some people [although don't know anything] think tha they know every aspect of automotive domain in this world.
    3. Leads and managers have very bossy attitude and would blame you for everything.
    4. Company does not provide tools, and resources to everyone..you need to beg, borrow and steal..

I really do not have words to describe the work-culture in Harman, people specially managers do not have any professional ethics...only thing they know is "Make it Happen"...how and in what way they don''t know...

Advice to Senior Management1. Learn to be equal to everyone.
    2. Provide opportunity to everyone so that they can prove their potential.
    3. Have some transparency.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good brand name-not so good for work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood starting package for lateral joinees.

ConsIncompetent managers, technical leads. Ruthless CEO and engineering head. People in higher level are more busy in hiring people from their states or the people talking the same language. There are more managers than engineers. No proper planning in project deliveries. People who are personally close to country engineering head get all the benefits, higher positions in the company. Most of the current projects running in India are failures. Most of the lateral joiners are from service companies and play dirty, cheap politics. Most of the work is integration of already existing solutions to some other project. No work life balance. Your work won't get recognized unless you are a boaster and you are good with your manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some capable managers, need good technical architects. Don't hire freshers from IITs and NITs by paying huge packages since they won't stay longer than a year. Give chance to students from local colleges.

Test

ProsTechnical work. In car Infotainement projects

ConsWork life balance, Technical trainnigs rea missing

Advice to Senior ManagementWork life balance. Should consider all the individuals while taking decisions

Good company to work in

Senior Software Engineer I (Current Employee)

Pros*Great place to learn
    *Good salary
    *Good people to work with

Cons*Middle level management is missing

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more employees

"Good Place ONLY If you are a 'Yes' Man or a dictator..Night Mare if you have good atitude, skills or good MNC exp."

Senior Software Engineer I (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsCompensation, work life balance, Great Product Line, Lagacy.

ConsEverything expect above....Middle level management & most of the directors are dictators. They have revengeful atitude, If you say "no" or express a diff. opinion they well screw you to the end of earth. Highly regessive mindset. No Value for people who want to make a change, infact they are targetted so that they have to move out. No Vision. No policies. No defined career path. Degrading US & German Couterparts. If you resign they will not even talk & ask why are u leaving even after 3 yrs of service. 12 Yrs exp. people are directors...they don't even know 'M' of management...highly eccentric.....very arrogant...There basic are ZERO.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up. The Real attrition in 2012 time frame was 33%....Focus on people's career also rather then your owns.

great company

ProsThere is Nice work envo,also there is gud work exp, also there are alot of intelligent people

Consthere is Long work schedule,

Excellent people. Excellent support to improve technically.

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood job benefits for employees. I was provided with on the Job training. I was also provided a good package to start with. And the manager is always open for questions and is very helpful. And good coffee.

ConsNone. I felt the everything was well tken care of.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Not too good

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsHuge product line
    Great Brand Name

ConsNo strategic direction
    Total trader attitude
    Not ethical in business transactions

Worked for HARMAN? Contribute to the Community!