HSS

Updated 26 February 2015
Updated 26 February 2015
3.1

Michael A. Kilpatrick

Nice people, decent pay and benefits

Current Employee - Field Service in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at HSS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are good and seem to care. The management is nice. If you work hard there seems to be a chance for advancement.

Cons

A lot of disorganization. The management does not follow through with what they say. I have not had a review or pay raise that I was promised.

When things are said or promised you need to follow through with your word. Need to invest in tools and training more if you want business to grow.

Temporary Resume Builder

Former Employee - Behavioral Security Tech in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Behavioral Security Tech in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at HSS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot about hospital policies and procedures, how to interact with patients and staff. Flexible schedule, if you can work overnights.

Cons

During orientation, they will list policies of what you can't do because past employees have done them, gotten fired for and/or charged with, such as: Having sex with the patients, harming or injuring the patients, scaring the patients on purpose, killing the patients by accident, putting the patient's family in danger, etc... There is a split of extremes between employees who take their job too seriously and employees who don't care about anything besides getting paid. HQ supervisors can be your best friends or worst enemies depending how they feel about you. Hospital staff won't know what you can and cannot do so they will ask you to do random tasks to test your abilities.

None

HSS at Colorado Springs

Current Employee - Security Officer in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at HSS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most of your co-workers are okay. If you are in school or have something else going on management will work around your schedule. The extremely high turnover rate does leave some room for advancement.

Cons

Unless you get a permanent position you are not guaranteed full time employment. So for that reason you may not qualify for benefits and you will not earn any paid time off. Vehicles rarely get repaired. I had to patrol at night with a vehicle with only one headlight and no insurance information.

They already know what needs to be done. They just aren't doing it.

A Great Place To Build Your Resume

Current Employee - Behavioral Security Tech in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at HSS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to make your own schedule. Which, when you are working with 12 hour shifts means you can take off 7 days in a row and not miss anything from your paycheck. Great place for new graduates to build a resume, and will work around a school schedule.

Cons

Very little room to move up. I maxed out my raises and promotions in 6 months. I am now making 14.50.

Pretty Good

Current Employee - House Keeping Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Current Employee - House Keeping Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I have been working at HSS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The employers are very friendly,go through easy to work with

Cons

Different attitudes, and a few different cultures, dealing with the non-satisfaction of the guest and corporate

Try being in the employee shoes, know the struggles that we

Behavior Security Tech

I have been working at HSS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule - You turn in your available dates every couple of weeks (a few weeks in advance). Full-time is 36 hours a week and you are eligible for benefits. HSS supervisors are nice and seem supportive. Most of the hospital staff are nice and work well with you.

Cons

Shifts are 12 hours long. Some times there are no jobs when you are supposed to work so you don't work, making it difficult to meet full-time hours. Some hospitals treat you as if you are less worthy than their employees.

Put us to work when we ask to work. Let hospitals know we are educated and deserve to be treated as such.

Great place for extra cash but don't count on supporting anyone other than yourself!

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at HSS full-time

Pros

In many areas the work is very easy. Sometimes the most challenging part of the job is staying awake. The turnover is so high it is very easy to get a schedule that matches your family life. For the most part the other officers are very nice and helpful however there are jerks on every job and HSS is no exception. It is a great place to learn how to deal with difficult people. Benefits are not the best but at least you get them. Company likes to promote from within.

Cons

High turnover because management just seeks warm bodies to fill positions instead of mature, responsible employees, which is understandable because the pay will not afford the company to acquire high quality employees. Because HSS likes to promote from within, some supervisors have gotten power hungry and big heads. They seem to have forgotten where they came from. Sometimes if your relief is late or doesn’t come, you have to stay on post until someone relieves you. This can really become a problem if you have kids to pick up.

Spend the money to get quality employees. Quality employees will pay for themselves through reduced employee turnover, which I am sure costs the company thousands each month. Change the pay scale. Give offers rankings from 1 to 4 or 5 and pay them accordingly. You currently have kids right out of high school making the same as a 28 year old man with a collage degree. Invest in the person who is more serious about the job, more responsible, and more likely to stick around. How many times have you heard, “You get what you pay for”?

Happy Employee

I have been working at HSS full-time

Pros

Good pay great hours
    nice employees

Cons

None, pretty positive experience, friendly staff

Fascistic, autocratic, low regard of employees needs.

Current Employee - Security Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Security Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at HSS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are NO pros to working for this entity.

Cons

Shifts dictated by Corporate Office in Denver. Regional managers detached from reality. State Operations Managers aloof an non-caring. HIGH turnover at all client sites.

Take some of your own advice in those meaningless online training videos and treat your staff a human beings no expendable cannon foder.