Hays plc

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hays plc CEO Alistair R. Cox

Alistair R. Cox

Pros
  • Flexible approach to work life balance(in 5 reviews)

• They had great training which set me up for life(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Have to work really long hours, and leaving at 5 is almost unacceptable(in 8 reviews)

• When I left the senior management were not of this ilke and valued stats above all else(in 6 reviews)

good firm for freshers

Internet Research Analyst (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

Prosemployee satisfaction, ok ok salary for freshers

Consteams badly affected by politics

Fantastic place to work - suits progressive and career driven people

ProsBest training in the business, complete career path which is well structured and defined to encourage you to strive to the best of your ability. Strong team environment with the ability to run your own business within the remits of a large corporate that supports you. Strong supportive teams that take pride in training new starters and seeing them succeed.

ConsHigh expecatations from the start - tough interview process but this is to ensure that people that that get through have the drive and ambition to succeed.

Great people, world class training, fantastic company.

Senior Manager/Business Director (Current Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

ProsOpportunities for talented people are endless, truly inspriational bunch of people. I am challenged and cry with laughter most days.

ConsThe job is difficult and those who don't give their all / see early success tend to get found out.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving had recnet visits to our office from the CEO, FD, MD and other Senior Board members I can honestly say that the leadership is consitent and clear in the ambitious goals for the organisation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent place to work

Internal Recruitment (Current Employee) Chelmsford, England (UK)

ProsExcellent career opportunities with great benefits if you are like me and love to go on holiday I have been able to buy a extra 5 days. No only is the the job rewarding Hays also have great incentives I have been to Malta and Lisbon all paid for via Hays. Hays is a very sociable place to work with great management support.

ConsChallenges understanding your market but with the support from the region you soon become an expert, Hays offer the best training.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead from the front

Challenging but fun, friendly people to work with, positive environment.

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsThe people that you work with are lovely, they are very accepting and encouraging and always have a positive can do attitude. The role itself is challenging, but a good challenge with fantastic future prospects.

ConsI have hit a few challenges with working here so far, one mainly being, sourcing my candidates, but I have been working on different methods to overcome this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on with the encouragement and good training. Notice when workers are struggling and try help them find a way round it.

Great company to work for

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Reading, England (UK)

ProsThe people, the training and the opportunities

ConsHigh targets, long hours, fluctuating salary (due to commission) but can also be a positive as well!

Fun but hardwork!

ProsTraining is excellent, I can understand why they say it is the best in the industry, as an associate they put a lot of emphasis on training you to do your job well.
    Really fun environment to work in, lots of young like-minded people.
    Fair with the promotion from Associate to Consultant (Even if you don't hit your billing targets if they see you are trying hard you will get promoted).

ConsLong hours!
    Fewer incentives,/perks compaed with other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementArrange more office competitions or associate competitions with big prizes.

A very good learning experience with a friendly environment

Human Resources Researcher (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsAnyone who is looking for a challenging work profile and has a knack of sales, should definitely consider working with Hays Plc. The work environment is excellent in terms of cohesion, the company values are practiced with utmost discipline and allows to enjoy a wonderful work-life balance.

ConsThe cons are only if the employee is under-productive. For everyone who performs well and basically, does what they are supposed to do and attain their committed goals, will not be able to find any cons about the company. The benefits are excellent, growth is excellent and the office culture is to fall in love with!

Advice to Senior ManagementIt has been excellent working with Hays. Thank you very much!

Great training and experience, poor salary

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsSome excellent people to work with, and they provide great training. The role itself gives you a lot of responsibility from the start.

ConsThe hours are long and management just geared towards mindlessly achieving KPIs. Staff can often be very greedy with a competitive, dog-eat-dog attitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to take better care of its employees by making them feel valued. Being made to feel expendable by the business does not encourage loyalty and has made a number of talented people leave the business.

recruitment consultant

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosgreat perks an people fun fast paced environment

Consalot of pressure to hit targets

Advice to Senior Managementbe open to everyones individual strengths and set realistic targets to make work not stressful

Worked for Hays plc? Contribute to the Community!