Heinz

www.heinz.com

Heinz Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Bernardo Hees

Pros
  • The company used to be a great people company with plenty of room for room for advancement(in 22 reviews)

• Just read the reviews, Brazilians do not believe in work-life balance(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The biggest complaint I hear is about the lack of work life balance at Heinz(in 26 reviews)

• All company communication is about cost cutting under the guise of growing the business(in 11 reviews)

Used to be a great place to work

ProsContinuously challenging; those who are still around are great employees who really care about the business and continue to work hard despite the current restraints. Promises of larger compensation, but few believe this promise will be honored.

ConsNo work life balance, not a place for those with families or wanting to work less than 12 hours a day. Huge staff reductions to an already lean business, responsibility and project increases are weekly. Expectations of huge results with unrealistic timelines, and also without the supplies and equipment needed to implement the project requests. Most people do the job of 3 or more employees as they are not filling management or supervisor positions of those who left the company. Budget reductions to the point where people have to purchase their own basic supplies, such as highlighters and notepads.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the slogans. It is not helping the company. All those with knowledge were either let go or have left the business, so start learning about the products and way of life outside the corporate office walls.

Used to be a good place to work

Quality Assurance Technologist (Current Employee) Warrendale, PA (US)

ProsExpirience and looks good on a resume

ConsLess and less opportuinities available for advancment

Advice to Senior ManagementIf they dont change their approach to employment pretty soon all knowledgable employees will end up leaving

Used to be a great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility , salary, brand recognition, benefits

ConsNew management, culture, pay, work life balance

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Big Changes

ProsThere have been huge changes since the new ownership mid 2013. The location I work at generally has a great culture.

ConsSome have been clearly for the good of the business, however the philosophy seems to be cut as possible until those left are screaming.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget the personal side of the business, it is important to make money at the end of the day, however there is a human side

People over react and have difficulty with change.

ProsChallenging work that matters.
    In the new Heinz I am afforded opportunities and projects beyond what ever came my way before the buyout. Gone is the old boys club telling everyone what they can't do and "this is how we've always done things"

It is easy to show your value and abilities if you are willing to work hard.. I have never felt so empowered and engaged in my work. Management is encouraging and appreciative.

ConsMorale is so-so and people are over working themselves. Better communication and planning is needed.

Meritocracy has yet to be seen at lower levels. Yes, the appreciation is there for a level or 2 above you but managers are just as guilty as anyone for burying their head in their work and not realizing the monumental effort people are putting in.

This isn't a place for everyone. I wouldn't recommend Heinz to most of my friends as they don't have the right attitude/mindset but I honestly Love it here. If you want to work hard, grow through challenge, and own your work this is the place to be. If you want to punch a time card and float through life this place will chew you up and spit you out.

Better quality coffee is a valid request, but I'll just keep bringing my own.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccelerated work with extra demands on ones's time and skills should be compensated with money not just thanks and promises. We are working harder than ever. Even if a permanent raise or promotion isn't warranted consider a spontaneous bonus for project completion.

Rewarding, challenging and fast paced

Analyst (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsYes the work is plentiful, but I was given a wonderful opportunity to advance quickly and have been well compensated. I have been treated very well, love my teams in both departments and feel that leadership is getting a handle on issues and putting the right people in the right positions.

ConsCommunication is lacking between departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on the communication issues and things will resolve themselves much more quickly and efficiently.

Low to No Talent currently being brought on

ProsIf you have no skills and want to be called a manager this is the place for you. No talent, clueless people - great news Heinz will hire you.

ConsNew owners are running off anyone with any competence and bringing in or outsourcing jobs to people with little or no skills. Not sure what they are paying them but when the factory people have to explain simple, common terms to the new corporate "managers" there is something wrong. I am tired of the excuse "while I am new". Either train them or find someone who knows the basics.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo one at the factory level wants to be "promoted" to corporate at this point. Quit outsourcing IT to a bunch of clueless morons, hire some employees with some knowledge and skills. Listen to what the factories are telling you about SAP not working. Fix the problems you have created and quit worrying about knocking down walls for open offices and spend that money on real issues.

Was very good, now too focused on cutting costs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStill a few good people left, chance to work in team from people from all over the world. Pay and bonus structure is generous but may be impossible to get. Very good opportunities for advancement as senior people leave.

ConsToo much focus on short term cost cutting to generate cash is harming the business. Too many good people have left or are leaving... Bonus % are generous but targets set very high, may be impossible.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook after the people you have left, they are the company, be careful what you get back when you screw your suppliers.

Not a great place to work

Human Resources Advisor (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood leadership in the UK Business

ConsLack of budgets for thinks non sales

"Used to be a GREAT company"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company used to be a great people company with plenty of room for room for advancement. The co-workers are excellent people always willing to help. This was truly a great experience where you didn't mind getting up and going to work.

ConsNew ownership does not care about people, only cares about their profit and cutting cost.
    By cutting cost I mean cutting employees.

Worked for Heinz? Contribute to the Community!