Henry Schein

Henry Schein Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2014

Henry Schein Chairman, President, and CEO Stanley M. Bergman

Stanley M. Bergman

Pros:
  • "company invested in seeing that you have work life balance"
    in 5 reviews
  • "There are great people top to bottom, great benefits, solid industry, conservative company"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Fly by the seat of your pants upper management, sales people can get away with anything if they sell"
    in 5 reviews
  • "However, I quickly realized that inflated egos, dirty office politics and administrative incompetence would prove to be bigger obstacles"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

despicable&vindictive

I have been working at Henry Schein as a contractor for more than 5 years

Prospaycheck clears every time. Some of the people are Great to work with.

Cons5 years and the last two have been so wrong. Management does not know how to manage but they do know how to stick the knife in your back. Only thing that matters at this corp is how much green you bring in. The managers will make stuff up to get you fired if they don't like you. Oh the men managers don't like women they think they are below them. Don't even think about working for them they will have you in tears in no time..

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue on how people should be treated. Get with the time times and stop running your billion dollar Co. on Dos programing duh....

Best Company, Ever!

I have been working at Henry Schein

ProsGreat Pay, Advancement Opportunities, Wonderful Benefits, and a great Environment

ConsEntry-Level positions are hard to acquire, since the company is so popular.

Strong company to work for. If you make it through the first 3 years, you could retire there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Henry Schein

ProsYou manage your own territory. If you are above $1.5 million in sales they usually leave you alone so you can grow your territory. Dental sales takes 1.5-3 years before you start to really grow. It all has to do with relationships with the dentist and their staff. It's good to have a big company that has a great training. Henry Schein's training and continuing ed program is top notch. Only reason I left was to go back to school to be a dentist or would have been a lifer.

ConsDepending on the regional manager or zone manager you get, it could make your job great or more difficult.

Worst job experience in 20+ year career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Melville, NY (US)

I worked at Henry Schein full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe Company is solid. Great industry for the aging population. Top management does not overpay itself.

ConsSeveral of us were overworked and under appreciated. Managers played favorites to the point of counter- productivity. Middle managers had little respect for work-life balance, unless it was their own. Hokey Team Schein stuff. You're only a team for the company's benefit. There is no team for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to implement anonymous 360 degree reviews and to really pay attention to them and take them seriously.

Good company but no incentive to do your best

Ops Manager (Former Employee)
Melville, NY (US)

I worked at Henry Schein full-time for more than 8 years

ProsNo strees. Easy atmosphere friendly

ConsLow low pay, no motivation because so few actually care about making money. Why do your best when noone else even attempts. Great place to vegitate for 20 years. Why did I waste 10 years here
?

Advice to Senior ManagementHold people accountable and reward those who do a good job with a salary in line with your counterparts. Stan needs to get head out of sand and see what truly goes on.

Wonderful company

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee)
American Fork, UT (US)

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time for more than 5 years

Prospleasant co-workers,
well grounded management,
Quality benefits,
Low turn over rate - you get to know your co-workers and will probably keep working with them.

ConsLow turn over rate - difficult to advance,

Advice to Senior ManagementMay employees that start at the lower rungs leave because there is no/little movement within the company. Either make changing to a different division a better option or say that in the hiring process.

Great first outside sales job

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat company with great people. Have been there for almost 5 years now and really have got a chance to work with and meet a lot of wonderful people.
Great Career Development learning more about the business than just products.

ConsStarting out is going to be a challenge unless you are taking over better accounts.
Selling the same things as everyone else but for a higher price.
Good ole boy system depends on location and how high you are wanting to go.

Advice to Senior Managementbe up front and honest about what your are getting in to.

Poorly managed, outdated systems.

Medical Sales (Former Employee)
Reno, NV (US)

I worked at Henry Schein full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNothing positive could come from this company.

ConsMicromanaged, commission structure that is impossible to figure out and very disappointing. No matter how hard you work, your commission won't go up. No incentive for improving. No where to move. Systems are extremely out dated and hard to navigate. For ordering some special order items they require experts, these so called "experts" struggle with the ordering system to place the order. some take weeks to go through.

One that I would like to forget.

Materials II (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I worked at Henry Schein full-time for less than a year

ProsHealth benefits. nice facility with air conditioning.

ConsUnder average pay, too many politics, and no upper level support when you need it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your workers more, and don't judge a situation without sitting down with the parties involved.

Good company to start career with

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Henry Schein full-time for more than a year

Prosgood management support for the whole staff

Conslittle opportunity for advancement within the company

Advice to Senior Managementpromote more employees from within the company

Worked for Henry Schein? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Henry Schein reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Henry Schein CEO Stanley M. Bergman. All 101 reviews are posted anonymously by Henry Schein employees.