Higher One Reviews

Mark Volchek

Awesome

Current Employee - Staff Accountant
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant

I have been working at Higher One full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Experienced and good leaders, Perfect work life balance, good benefits & Friendly senior management

Cons

Nothing to say in this category

Nothing

Error Resolution Specialist

Former Employee - Error Resolution Specialist in Tampa, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Error Resolution Specialist in Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at Higher One part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible Hours, PTO, and Excellent Team Support. If you do your job well, you will advance to other areas. Training is straight forward and self explanatory. Great support from most all areas of the company. "Great" team support. Good pay and some flexibility in hours.

Cons

Metrics can be somewhat rigid, but you can expect this to any remote center position. Systems used can sometimes drop out without warning, but adherence is supportive of this.

Listen to your employees. Take into consideration your clients, and their concerns and address them from a corporate prospective. If repeated issues continue to rise, be objective and address them for change. I feel this would be a considerable benefit to both your employees and the company image.

Going through a rough patch

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT (US)

I worked at Higher One full-time

Pros

Great culture and amenities (free lunch 3 days a week, gym, fun committee, wellness committee, casual dress code, open work environment, free parking, plenty of activities to participate in)
    Smart, hardworking, innovative coworkers, opportunity for growth and promotion.

Cons

There has been some negative press and some increased pressure on the industry that Higher One serves and thus Higher One too. As a result it is a more challenging environment for the company, the leadership, and each individual contributor and the employee morale has taken a huge hit.

You have a lot of talent in your employees, don't lose them while you focus on fighting through the current external pressures.

Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Home Based Customer Care Agent in Columbus, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Home Based Customer Care Agent in Columbus, GA (US)

I have been working at Higher One part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Reasonable Pay. Good Training. Working at Home

Cons

Low hours, Seasonal term. Long time response for assistance

Add more agents to assist new agents.

Great job for seasonal/ temporary employment

Current Employee - Tuition Payment Plan Customer Care Agent in New Haven, CT (US)

I have been working at Higher One as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This work at home temporary position pay more than call centers who hire seasonal workers. Training lasts f or 3-4 weeks.

Cons

The job is only contract/ temporary that will end in late October or the first week in November. Then, you out of work looking for a job. No benefits for seasoned employees.

Seasonal- Work from Home Customer Care Agent

Current Employee - Seasonal Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Seasonal Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Higher One part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work from home....No Commute
    Pay is great
    I worked from 6pm- 11pm so it allowed me to use this job as just a supplement to my current income.
    The training hours and pay is the same as working hours and pay. You go through the training material at your own pace.
    The calls that you receive are not difficult at all you are basically just dealing with college students and occasionally their parents.

Cons

I have no cons I enjoyed this job.

Keep up the good work. When you need help or assistance very responsive. I love the way training is setup and the pay is great.

Best best best

I have been working at Higher One part-time

Pros

I like everything here. Nit started working though, but really exciting.

Cons

Nothing to say for a good company

Run. Don't walk.

I have been working at Higher One full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, amenities, parking, free lunch, free coffee every day saves me money

Cons

Culture is cut throat since new leadership arrived. Lack of communication. Unstable. Negative culture and terrible morale.

Fix morale. Employees (the good ones) are leaving constantly.

Worst job ever

I worked at Higher One

Pros

Good interview and nothing else. That is about it.

Cons

I send them paperwork to Human Resources. They say take it back to send it back to get notary and couldn't work start date. When I return it back to them again, they said job abandonment. They waste time giving the run around.I wasn't stressed over it. It was a waste of time and printing to send paperwork.

Human Resources need to communicate better to potential employees instead of giving them the run around.

It started as a great company to work for but then..........

Former Employee - Home Based Customer Care Agent
    Former Employee - Home Based Customer Care Agent

I worked at Higher One part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work from home. Calls are not hard to handle. Decent pay. Flexible scheduling. Very nice staff. Self pace training

Cons

work from home employees will not get hired full time. I started as part time seasonal then permanent part time when asked about full time employment the response was they're not offering full time schedules at the moment. I was there almost 2 years. Ur scores in QA are based on 10 calls if out of those 10 calls one of ur scores are below the set percentage for more than 4 months be prepared to have ur pay reduced without any warning then fired. 15 min breaks are not paid. Updating the workforce management system is nerve racking n makes no sense. Change policies n call handling all the time.

Give work at home reps the opportunity to be full time employees. Get rid of WFM. Cad should be enough to log in and out of. Fix QA people are not robots.