Huntress Group

Updated 10 December 2014
3.6

Chris Leeson

Headed for greatness

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The CEO, who has only been with the Huntress for 9 months, is proof that a successful business is a result of strong leadership. The company really has had a resurrection since he joined in March and the culture of the business as a whole is almost unrecognisable - for the better! Collaboration drives everything now and people are genuinely ecstatic for each others' successes. There's a lot of talent in the company and I think they've found a great way to harness it. You're supported by friendly people who are egging you on to do well.

They've rolled out a new extensive training scheme and a new 'career pathway' for 2015 so there's now a clear way to steer your career in the business. They're really trying to offer a career not a job, you can think about long-term goals with the business rather than staying for a year and moving on.

Cons

I think the maternity and paternity leave is pretty basic, but I hear they're looking to improve this in 2015.

The only way is up! Keep doing what you're doing and I look forward to seeing the success of the business in years to come.

Love this company and will be very sad to say goodbye!

Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in Epsom, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in Epsom, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Huntress has seen a great deal of change in the last year, which has certainly been for the better! The company has aligned themselves solidly in the market place with a clear vision, set of values and a sparkly new training programme. As a whole the company has come together under a common agenda, Jostle and our quarterly presentations keep us all updated and recognition is given to people who make a positive impact within the workplace (not just those who bring in the most pennies!)

Huntress are serious about investing in their staff, by providing comprehensive support from the corporate departments, training and the more than approachable senior management as well as the MD and CEO; all who take a keen interest in individual employees from the top billers to the administrators at branch level.

Progression for consultants is clear, the standardised career pathways allows for a transparent understanding of what is expected in order to develop and move up the ladder. Incentives and prizes are available to all, and those who contribute positively to the company are certainly recognised.

Huntress has a growing reputation and is certainly known in our local area as an agency that invests in their candidates and their clients; many coming to us by recommendation. And it is only going to get better next year!

Cons

The reason for me leaving is due to wanting to progress and develop my own career, and although this is evident for the consultants, it hasn't been so much for the administration/ resource support. However, to all employees at Huntress a list of internal vacancies is circulated weekly and a dedicated Talent Acquisition Manager is available to seek advice from confidentially. This is certainly not a company that would wish to stunt any employees opportunity for development!

Other than that absolutely nothing!

Keep doing what you are doing, it is such lovely feeling to know that you are valued within a company, so please keep that up! It is obvious to see the change in morale and outlook over the last year, and things are only going to get better for you all. I wish the company the best of luck!

Everybody needs to experience a life at Huntress Group, because once you do you would not want to work any where else!!!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company with great vision, values, countless opportunities and prospects. I have worked for different organisations in my time and from the first call that I received from a lovely and professional Huntress Consultant about my current role, through to my interviews and the welcome that I received from everyone in all divisions, teams and branches at Huntress I received nothing but a welcoming and supportive response. This was all the way from the CEO, the Directors and all members of the staff. I knew I had made the right choice in accepting this offer and have had no regrets about turning down the others. There are great opportunities for progression here with continues recognition by senior members of staff and everyone else. Reward and Recognition is accessible to everyone. With an open door policy, the CEO and Directors are really open to suggestions and feedback from their staff and they recognise when change may be needed. The development and success of their staff is very much at the heart of Huntress and it is shown daily by the 5 Values that is followed by everyone at any level within this organisation. The Corporate support teams are the essential part of the business, supporting the business in every aspect possible. It is full of amazing people, which their years of service at Huntress Group speaks for itself. It doesn’t matter which team you are from, everyone is willing to help one another out and with the introduction of the CSR teams has brought people from different teams closer whilst they organise some great activies for some amazing causes. Its great to see a company wher by the Board of Directors has such a huge focus on their employees, because I believe that every company has room for better improvements and growth to be even more successful, but to recognise this and actually invest so much in its people is not something that you see every day. However, Huntress Group is an exception in this area. If you are looking for career progression, really friendly atmospheres with great team work ethics, opportunity for development, transparency and weekly updates to the whole business, earn great money, have lots of fun and make some great friends while you do all of this, then you need to come and experience it for yourself at Huntress Group.…. I promise you will not regret it!!

Cons

We have some good company benefits available to staff, but they need updating. They can be much greater so that they stand out within the bigger market. I know this is already in progress and is in discussion with changes due to be signed off and introduced in the new year. So I am looking forward to seeing these signed off and announced to the company.

Continue with the changes that you have implemented and continue to recognise and reward the employees both in your sales and corporate divisions. keep up with the tranparency and consistancy, this is very important. You have some amazinng people with great passion, team ethics and values. This can't be achieved by just one person or a small group of people, so lets all work together to main this and help Huntress grow for the success of the business, our reputation within the market and for the employees personal growth and development.

A very supportive & solid business, that enables individuals to learn and excel within a professional environment!

Former Employee - Consultant - Business Support, West End Team in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At Huntress, you are exposed to some fantastic clients and are able to work autonomously, within a supportive network of people. It is a great place to learn and establish yourself within the recruitment arena.

Cons

I don't have any cons to state, it's a great company to work for.

I don't have any advice for management, i have felt supported throughout my time here.

Fabulous new training programme, great to be back!

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time

Pros

I worked for Huntress 2.5 years ago and what I have noticed is that there has been a massive change in the company culture. Before, it was quite a competitive and cut-throat atmosphere and there was an overwhelming pressure to hit targets and make lots of commission.

Now that I have returned, things have certainly changed for the better. All the consultants are now on the same sales floor, so there is more of a cohesive business culture, and the atmosphere is much less pressurized. The consultants are friendly and supportive of each other and there is much more of a customer service focus to the way they work, rather than an overly pushy sales approach.

What is really exciting is the new training programme they have introduced. Rather than being thrown in at the deep end, new employees benefit from a 13 week ‘Route to Success’ course which introduces them to the way things work at Huntress and supports them from the outset.

Everything just seems more tailored to helping the consultants get the most from their career, and in turn makes Huntress a nicer place to work.

Cons

There have been a lot of improvements and I can see the company shaping up to be a great place to succeed.

Keep living the new values. It is definitely making a difference!

An excellent Company with strong values and a bright future!

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Epsom, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Epsom, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Huntress Group for 3 years and loved every minute of it! The culture is very 'work hard, play hard' and my colleagues / management have always made it an enjoyable place to work. The new CEO is a true inspiration and I expect to hear good things about Huntress Group over the next few years, making them a real contender within the Recruitment industry. I would highly recommend Huntress Group as an employer.

Cons

There was not a great training scheme when I started in 2010, but this has now been rectified and there is a new training and development programme in place making it a great Company to start your recruitment career for anyone interested in getting into the industry!

Just to continue to make the improvements within the organisation to attract and retain the best staff so that they can look forward to coming into work everyday just as much as I have!

8 Great Years of Employment

Former Employee - Senior Business Support in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Business Support in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Huntress Group, has a great social aspect to working with the company and a great sense of belonging. Challenging, fast-paced environment but a great balance of work hard and play hard.

Cons

There was quite a lot of Senior management changes over the years, which always posses a challenge but I do believe now with the new CEO this will stabilise and only improve.

Ensure that the company values are always followed through as they are great and very motivating.

Hard work but good fun and great people.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really good social atmosphere, given freedom to do your own work, but in a structured environment. Great training and nice managers.

Cons

Dated recruitment technology and oddly info is not shared across the company. Apparently this is being fixed next year though.

Work together as a group, more commission would always be nice.

Huntress Group Response

Oct 06, 2014Marketing Executive

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Huntress Group. We welcome all types of feedback, especially since we have entered an exciting period of change under the management and guidance of ... More

consultant

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

difficult to find many; good initial training, good training manager

Cons

firstly the time with initial training is sporadic at best and alot of the good ideas given to you are impossible to implement with the jealous managers who want you to fit their mould. very much a hire and fire culture 6/8 people i started work with are not working there 4 months down the line. very much kpi driven no freedom to work things out for yourself. worst is the thresholds, have a vivid recollection of a consultant asking another what they would do with the bonus from the job they just 'banged up', the reply was nothing as they didn't reach the threshold. i saw this same consultant working passed half 8 for over a week to get to that placement and she had been working in the company for over a year. very simple if you have the desire to be in recruitment work in an up and coming company like the one I'm with now if you have been in both the difference is unbelievable, do your research and stay away from huntress.

go on management courses or quit

Like any other sales company

I have been working at Huntress Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Independent job, if you do it very very well.
    - Uni-style friday nights, with more suits.
    - Meet/talk to lots of new people.

Cons

- Money-orientated sales environment.
    - You're seen for the money you make, and micromanaged down to your daily stats.

Look at the bigger picture of your employees, instead of picking at the pointless details, LISTEN to them.