IGS Energy

Updated 16 December 2014
Updated 16 December 2014
3.8

Scott White

This is a great company for outside sales people.

Current Employee - Home Energy Sales in Beachwood, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Home Energy Sales in Beachwood, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy

Pros

They are a green company and believe in capitalism with a cause. Their training of the product is excellent and there are opportunities for everyone that want it. You can make alota money as a Home Energy Consultant. Their commission structure is outstanding and worth pursuing

Cons

You are working outside in any and all elements. You are going door to door in nice residential areas providing customer service and selling natural gas and electricity. You must be in good physical shape to do this job.

Keep up the great work

Great Company

Former Employee - Home Energy Sales in Beachwood, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Home Energy Sales in Beachwood, OH (US)

I worked at IGS Energy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very considerate management. Decent pay and incentives.

Cons

Work can be tough knocking doors, however met as many wonderful people as nasty ones.

Hard Work doesn't Pay off

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great facility, a lot of great people work there

Cons

Company went from a small nice family owned company to a large corporate monster.

Reward those who actually do hard work. IGS Energy has lost a lot of great employees because of their failure to acknowledge those that do work. They say they want "rock stars", but a rock star by definition is a self absorbed drug addict.

Great Internship

Former Employee - Data Entry Intern in Dublin, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Data Entry Intern in Dublin, OH (US)

I worked at IGS Energy as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay and hours, flexible scheduling, and helpful managers. IGS is in an ever growing market and is a very innovative in changing the way we use energy.

Cons

Tedious work and some overly strict call center managers.

The environment of a start up.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company really puts great emphasis on creating a culture of camaraderie and collaboration. They devote time and energy to holding numerous employee events and activities throughout the year.

The industry also presents great challenges to overcome and IGS is definitely creating innovative solutions to meet those challenges. You are definitely on the forefront.

Cons

With all the benefits that come with a start up, there's also the downside. Things move incredibly quickly and aren't always communicated clearly or change too rapidly and end up wasting some time and effort.

There are new projects and initiatives that give the potential for advancement within the company, but it's not anytime soon and they don't seem to be thinking of their own employees to move up/into new roles.

Look to the staff you have to develop them into your future leaders instead of hiring outside the company. There are a lot of young millenials in the building and if they feel like you're not invested in their future, you're going to lose them.

The Caring Company

Current Employee - Finance in Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Finance in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

IGS Energy not only cares about their own, but they also care about the community. Just this past weekend we sponsored the Buddy Walk to celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Month in October and to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome. Not only did the company sponsor the event, but many employees and executives participated in the event. One of the participants included our President, Scott White. I must say, I don't know of many corporate sponsors where the president of the company is front and center for the event. IGS cares so much about investing in the community, they even recently hired a Director of Community Investments. This person will help us continue to find charities where we can continue to make a difference in people's lives. Overall, I love this company and everything it stands for. I would definitely recommend IGS Energy as your career home.

Cons

The only thing I would say about work life at IGS, is that the department to department communication can still be improved upon. I have been here 4 year years and the communication has come along way! One of our company values is "continuous improvement", so as long as we continue to improve, we will be ok.

Keep doing what you are doing and keep encouraging us to be better versions of ourselves. We thank you for all of your support!

Home energy consultant

Current Employee - Home Enegy Consultant in Maumee, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Home Enegy Consultant in Maumee, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My coworkers and manager were terrific. It was a fun environment.

Cons

I didn't like the unpredictable work schedule or last minute meetings for sales department. I think that some of our rates weren't very competitive.

If you are paying people to work a 40 hour week than it should be comp time if we go over that time limit on a consistent basis.

This company has all of the above

Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been here for seven years and have noticed vast improvements in the company. The executive team spends a ton of time and effort into helping employees grow and acknowledging their value. The work/life balance and benefits are well above par. The atmosphere is clean, fun, and resembles a "Google of Dublin". We take pride in our LEED certification as well as our growth in the CNG market. We enjoy what we do and our customers truly appreciate the service that we offer.

Cons

As a growing company, the pace can be a rather difficult to keep up with which adds stress, but those challenges can also be exciting.

Stay focused on what our current goals are. Keep recognizing the value of our employees. We truly appreciate it. Never look back.

Progressive and exciting company to work for

Current Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The environment and the culture are amazing!

Cons

The speed of the company is difficult at times

Slow it down!

iT WAS VERY GOOD!!

Former Employee - Home Energy Sales
    Former Employee - Home Energy Sales

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

They took the time to train you about the product you were selling. Pay. Benefits.

Cons

This was a sales job, and even though they took the time to work with everyone individually, it felt like you didn't always get the feedback you needed.

IGS Energy Photos