IMS Health Reviews

Updated 21 August 2014

3.1

IMS Health Chairman and CEO Ari Bousbib
Ari Bousbib

Pros
  • Ability to telecommute greatly helps work-life balance (in 28 reviews)

• very strong vacation, work from home, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor transition of senior management following acquisition be capital venture (in 13 reviews)

• No work-life balance, unrealistic deadlines with not enough resources (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Company

Current Employee - Associate Engineer  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at IMS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good working culture
    Flexible timings
    good for experience person
    learning chances are very high

Cons

For fresher package is not up to the expectation

Not a great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at IMS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

No training's , No KT sessions but still they management expect people to deliver quality work .

Quality Never comes Cheep .

Cons

Treating employees like a labor ,No process at all .
    Peoples management is very very worst

Process should be generic to the company not for people .

A good company to start your IT career

Current Employee - Associate Engineer  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at IMS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working culture is good.
    A lot of initiatives are being taken, so you might get a chance to work on a new technology.
    Sufficient amount of time is given to learn a new technology.
    Decent work-life balance.

Cons

Even though you are required to fill the skill matrix, it is never taken into consideration.
    Decent salary for a fresher, you will end up by saving nothing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Average Company

Former Employee - Annonymus  in  Bangalore
    Former Employee - Annonymus in Bangalore

I worked at IMS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

1>Job Security: I have not see any layoffs or employer sending employees home.
    2>If you are part of Development team, then you can get reasonable good joining hike and you will enjoy working under reasonably good director.
    3>Most of the projects are data driven. So if you are from Data warehousing or BI background, you will enjoy work.
    4>You will hear couple of people talking about Cloud, Mobile, BigData etc. otherwise nothing about latest technologies. They don't know the definition of innovation.
    5>BI team is reasonably good.

Cons

1>Mid level Management (Managers and Architects) is useless. They are bunch of loosers who might be kicked from big companies and are planning to settle without giving any work to brain. You will find only few managers gelling well with team members.
    2>very strict on office timings and dress code. They count number of hours and if you work less than 8 hours you will get remainder mails about absence.
    3>New office cubical setup resembles call center having no privacy. i was desperate to move out after moving to this new office.
    4>No Gym, No Carrom, No TT ... nothing to say about games or entertainment kind of activities.
    5>IT Services group is worst and full of bad politics. Couple of managers manage 50 to 150 people. Oh yeah, their hierarchy structure is like big tail. (Jr. Dev manages and give appraisal to Jr.Most Dev)
    6>HR team is big joke. They are fit to send only Birthday and baby birth mails (they will put forign babies and will send congrats mail to employees as of their employees give birth to white babies)
    7>Facility team and Travel team is bad. Onsite travel need signing a 6 months bond.
    8>nothing to say more about their appraisal process. Sr. Dev will give appraisal to Jr. Dev.

Nothing to say. If nothing works, they will acquire another company

Greate place to work

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at IMS Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Attractive package.
    Good working environment.
    Good infrastructure.

Cons

Bad management.
    As SFDC Developer, we have less opportunities for development projects.

Awful place for production support

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Bangalore
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore

I worked at IMS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary and work life balance,

Cons

if you are joining as part of the production support teams, re-think
    de-motivating manager, in spite of your experience, they'll tend to mistreat you.
    Useless HR, they are like the people least bothered about the plight of the employees.

Before relying solely on the project managers to do all the work, kindly hire proper ones (highly unprofessional).
    If you find half of the people putting down their papers frequently, there must be some obvious problem with the managers.

Good company to learn on your own

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Delhi
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Delhi

I worked at IMS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big brand name is a pro. It is a good company to work with & a good place to learn

Cons

It is a good company to work with & a good place to learn. No cons

average

Current Employee - Developer  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at IMS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

good culture but they will not provide more fecilities

Cons

future scope is less... work life balance is good

consider the employees decisions

Very bad company for experienced candidate.Very good company for freshers with pharma and life science background.

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Bangalore
    Former Employee - Consultant in Bangalore

I worked at IMS Health for less than a year

Pros

Salary is good. Excellent IT Infrastructure. Employees with excellent domain (Bio and Life science) knowledge.

Cons

No process. Very poor operations. Poor support from existing employees for a new entered employee. Poor training. Bias and partiality. Poor attitude of senior management. Pressurize experienced employees to implement experienced skills very soon. Ignores talent and no support and appreciation for process improvement and value addition. No motivation. Bad management in terms of attitude and support. Insecure place.

Management should think that there are companies with better managers with best attitude. Managers are not to perceive any employees just after weeks of joining. Performance should not be measured based on perception and the amount of skills an employee shares about previous organization experience. Need to improve in interpersonal skills.

Stay for too long and forget what you've learnt

Current Employee - Manager  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Manager in Bangalore

I have been working at IMS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are from a prime engineering or management institute, IMS offers you good pay packages.

Cons

Extremely poor and stingy management; HR policies are 'local' and not global, so you get exploited at Indian rates; managers are not qualified; nepotism and favoritism is rife; horrible workplace culture and the management is unaware of what constitutes a good culture and what does it take to get there. The directors run their own fiefdoms and turf wars are common. Nowhere have I found such a motley bunch of slackers as here, and just because they form a core team of sycophants around the boss.

Training: zilch, career progression: zilch, unless you are a part of your boss' drinking group; so get ready to be 'passed over'. My main grouse is that an employee is expected to operate within a very limited scope that neither enhances his skills nor provides horizontal exposure to multiple lines of work. I left chiefly because I felt that I was beginning to lose the development and project management skills I had acquired in my career.
    Finally,the turnover in the female population is very high.I have seen my female coworkers getting disillusioned and quitting very quickly due to the strong sexual harassment culture of the place. Bosses asking out their female subordinates is extremely common and I have seen women feel persecuted when they didn't encourage the advances.

Advice to American Management: I joined because of IMS' reputation in the Americas; I recommend independent audits and a top management reshuffle in India.

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!