IMS Health

IMS Health Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

IMS Health Chairman and CEO Ari Bousbib

Ari Bousbib

Pros
  • Ability to telecommute greatly helps work-life balance(in 27 reviews)

• very strong vacation, work from home, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor transition of senior management following acquisition be capital venture(in 13 reviews)

• No work-life balance, unrealistic deadlines with not enough resources(in 6 reviews)

Good Company

Associate Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood working culture
    Flexible timings
    good for experience person
    learning chances are very high

ConsFor fresher package is not up to the expectation

A good company to start your IT career

Associate Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsWorking culture is good.
    A lot of initiatives are being taken, so you might get a chance to work on a new technology.
    Sufficient amount of time is given to learn a new technology.
    Decent work-life balance.

ConsEven though you are required to fill the skill matrix, it is never taken into consideration.
    Decent salary for a fresher, you will end up by saving nothing.

Average Company

Annonymus (Former Employee) Bangalore

Pros1>Job Security: I have not see any layoffs or employer sending employees home.
    2>If you are part of Development team, then you can get reasonable good joining hike and you will enjoy working under reasonably good director.
    3>Most of the projects are data driven. So if you are from Data warehousing or BI background, you will enjoy work.
    4>You will hear couple of people talking about Cloud, Mobile, BigData etc. otherwise nothing about latest technologies. They don't know the definition of innovation.
    5>BI team is reasonably good.

Cons1>Mid level Management (Managers and Architects) is useless. They are bunch of loosers who might be kicked from big companies and are planning to settle without giving any work to brain. You will find only few managers gelling well with team members.
    2>very strict on office timings and dress code. They count number of hours and if you work less than 8 hours you will get remainder mails about absence.
    3>New office cubical setup resembles call center having no privacy. i was desperate to move out after moving to this new office.
    4>No Gym, No Carrom, No TT ... nothing to say about games or entertainment kind of activities.
    5>IT Services group is worst and full of bad politics. Couple of managers manage 50 to 150 people. Oh yeah, their hierarchy structure is like big tail. (Jr. Dev manages and give appraisal to Jr.Most Dev)
    6>HR team is big joke. They are fit to send only Birthday and baby birth mails (they will put forign babies and will send congrats mail to employees as of their employees give birth to white babies)
    7>Facility team and Travel team is bad. Onsite travel need signing a 6 months bond.
    8>nothing to say more about their appraisal process. Sr. Dev will give appraisal to Jr. Dev.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to say. If nothing works, they will acquire another company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Greate place to work

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsAttractive package.
    Good working environment.
    Good infrastructure.

ConsBad management.
    As SFDC Developer, we have less opportunities for development projects.

Awful place for production support

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsSalary and work life balance,

Consif you are joining as part of the production support teams, re-think
    de-motivating manager, in spite of your experience, they'll tend to mistreat you.
    Useless HR, they are like the people least bothered about the plight of the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore relying solely on the project managers to do all the work, kindly hire proper ones (highly unprofessional).
    If you find half of the people putting down their papers frequently, there must be some obvious problem with the managers.

Good company to learn on your own

Account Manager (Former Employee) Delhi

ProsBig brand name is a pro. It is a good company to work with & a good place to learn

ConsIt is a good company to work with & a good place to learn. No cons

Very bad company for experienced candidate.Very good company for freshers with pharma and life science background.

Consultant (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsSalary is good. Excellent IT Infrastructure. Employees with excellent domain (Bio and Life science) knowledge.

ConsNo process. Very poor operations. Poor support from existing employees for a new entered employee. Poor training. Bias and partiality. Poor attitude of senior management. Pressurize experienced employees to implement experienced skills very soon. Ignores talent and no support and appreciation for process improvement and value addition. No motivation. Bad management in terms of attitude and support. Insecure place.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should think that there are companies with better managers with best attitude. Managers are not to perceive any employees just after weeks of joining. Performance should not be measured based on perception and the amount of skills an employee shares about previous organization experience. Need to improve in interpersonal skills.

average

Developer (Current Employee) Bangalore

Prosgood culture but they will not provide more fecilities

Consfuture scope is less... work life balance is good

Advice to Senior Managementconsider the employees decisions

Close to an Year

ProsThe vision is good.. Fast growing and expanding rapidly.

ConsImplementation is definitely found wanting. Things are very slow and hopelessly cumbersome when it comes to execution of set ideas. Very rigid. Not open to new ideas. Most are with the approach of cover thy hide.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge loop holes and do away with things that don't work. Don't ignore the obvious.

Stay for too long and forget what you've learnt

Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsIf you are from a prime engineering or management institute, IMS offers you good pay packages.

ConsExtremely poor and stingy management; HR policies are 'local' and not global, so you get exploited at Indian rates; managers are not qualified; nepotism and favoritism is rife; horrible workplace culture and the management is unaware of what constitutes a good culture and what does it take to get there. The directors run their own fiefdoms and turf wars are common. Nowhere have I found such a motley bunch of slackers as here, and just because they form a core team of sycophants around the boss.

Training: zilch, career progression: zilch, unless you are a part of your boss' drinking group; so get ready to be 'passed over'. My main grouse is that an employee is expected to operate within a very limited scope that neither enhances his skills nor provides horizontal exposure to multiple lines of work. I left chiefly because I felt that I was beginning to lose the development and project management skills I had acquired in my career.
    Finally,the turnover in the female population is very high.I have seen my female coworkers getting disillusioned and quitting very quickly due to the strong sexual harassment culture of the place. Bosses asking out their female subordinates is extremely common and I have seen women feel persecuted when they didn't encourage the advances.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to American Management: I joined because of IMS' reputation in the Americas; I recommend independent audits and a top management reshuffle in India.

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!