IMS Health

Updated 27 January 2015
3.2

IMS Health Chairman and CEO Ari Bousbib
Ari Bousbib

Pros
  • In consulting, you will learn things while enjoying a decent work/life balance (in 32 reviews)

• very strong vacation, work from home, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Offsites for employees should be held for a better work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Poor transition of senior management following acquisition be capital venture (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Two different approaches

I have been working at IMS Health

Pros

Good scope of learning the technologies and work with different teams together.

Cons

Two main sections are present IT Services and Dev, IT Services are difficult place to work as there is lot of politics within themselves and managers interference at every point. Dev has good work culture under different leadership qualities and respect to everybody's work and culture is given.

IT Services management talk about every employee's credibility/actions secretly within their bosses by pinging or chat, its not the right way. There is a manner in the way a certain thing is shared about an employee to your boss but not rediculing employee's ethics. You need to learn from Dev leadership.

No proper ethics, full of politics

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

you can learn more technical because of more work

Cons

No minimum common sense for managers, full of politics
    no onsite and no hikes

we advised already but no action taken by them

If you want to work with Data then join else don't look

I worked at IMS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can pharma and Health care domain but as a technical you will forgot every thing .
    You can see some sports activities through out the year .

Cons

They don't care about employee , no long term on sites .

Be transparent or create generic process .

Good experience until now

Current Employee - Junior Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Current Employee - Junior Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good to have joined IMS Health Global Delivery Center while it is still in its growing phase.
    The company organized an initial training of 15 days which introduced the length and breadth about the organizations core data assets and various Centres of Excellance. With this it made clear of what work is being carried out and how I as an individual shall contribute.
    The best part about the company is recruiting resources that are best fit for the purpose they would serve.
    The company has good growth prospects and enables an individual with requisite resources for personal as well as collective growth. Various cross trainings are held as and when required.

Cons

Offsites for employees should be held for a better work life balance.

It should work to make the organization more process oriented

No employee benefits

Former Employee - Analyst in Bangalore
    Former Employee - Analyst in Bangalore

I worked at IMS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Challenging environment enables high efficiency
    Friendly and lively environment
    Always encourages new ideas
    Promotions with in two years of experience

Cons

Significantly low salary compared to market
    Stretched and Long working hours, very difficult to maintain work-life balance
    In-efficient management
    Though the work is challenging, development of skill set is difficult with the kind of processes followed

Consultant

Former Employee - Junior Consultant in Bangalore
    Former Employee - Junior Consultant in Bangalore

I worked at IMS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Best place to learn new things

Cons

diplomatic professionals can survive
    poor hike

Working as Test Engineer in IMS Health. Have 2.5 Years of Experience in Manual ,Mainframe ,MObile App,DB Testing

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Its a friendly environment and Good place to learn

Cons

Good PLace to work. Good INfrastructurre

Experience could have been better

Current Employee - Manager in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Manager in Bangalore

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Quality work
    - Great chaps from some of the reputed colleges of the country

Cons

- The GDC is being run like a BPO, there's no emphasis on portraying it as a revenue generating center
    - Candidate interview process needs a total revamp, lately off campus hires have been incompetent leading to a lot of headache for the managers trying to get work out of them
    - Training programs are not in place leading to dissatisfaction amongst campus hires most of whom are from good educational institutions like the IITs, NSIT, BITS
    - Compensation package needs to be looked at. Talent isn't getting suitably rewarded

- The top management needs to invest in talent and resources to reap benefits in the future
    - They need to get away from the cost cutting mindset to retain and attract good talent

IMS HEALTH review

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary, quality work, nice work environment, complete responsibility.

Cons

too much work. No help in the work

As the Bangalore tech centre is just a startup, please provide better facilities to the employees like cab facility, good caterers , etc.

People are disposable assets for IMS Health

Current Employee - Consultant in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The stream I work with and my manager and colleagues are excellent. The work itself is great, challenging, new, exciting, great learning opportunities and exposure.However, its all downhill from here on.

Cons

There are no people friendly or employee retentive policies at IMS Health, its all about cost cutting, poor people and expectation management. All this coupled with shoddy facilities, bad pay and utter lack of employee engagement describes IMS Health for me. Unlike other MNCs, our office does not provide any of the following:
    1. Cab facilities - Even after shifting their office from Ulsoor to Marathahalli, given that majority of the population still resides in and around Ulsoor/ Indiranagar, no cab facilities have been arranged, despite complete willingness to pay for the same, from the employees.
    2. Decent food - Every time someone brings about the topic of how MNCs provide good quality, subsidized food to their employees, the only answer received is "We are still shifting" or " We are still working on it". It has been 3 years and they still haven't settled down enough to provide decent food options
    3. Good Pay: Incentives, hikes and bonuses are a joke around here. Employees joke about it, managers and directors joke about it, and the only time any serious thought is given to it, is when you threaten to or actually do resign.
    The list is endless, but I will put a stop to it right now.
    I have friends in other teams who are faring faaaar worse than me, so the picture I paint is not the bleakest.
    Any interested candidates, please beware. They may pick you up at a good hike, but they will mar all your future hikes within the company, till you decide to leave.

My only advice will be to wake up, look around because if you treat talented people thusly, you can imagine the kind of crowd you will be left with.

IMS Health Photos