IQAir

Updated 12 January 2015
Updated 12 January 2015
3.9

Glory Dolphin Hammes

Not bad, but not great. It is OK.

I worked at IQAir

Pros

The people who work here are wonderful. I really liked them and miss them. However, we always seemed to have a lot of turnover, so no one was ever around long enough to get to know. The work was challenging, and what they are trying to do to better the environment we live in is wonderful.

Cons

Management cant make a decision. They take a long time to do so. They are very nice, but that is fine as long as you don't try to think for yourself. They want to do it all themselves and will not share any of the opportunities to make something happen. Again, they are nice. But not necessarily the best when it comes to managing a team of co-workers.

Share. Hire people who understand the business and where we are trying to expand. Instead, we stay very insular and do not bring in fresh ideas.

Jan 19, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your review. I readily agree with your statements about the people who work here being wonderful and the work being challenging. I am very sorry to hear that you believe that ... More

Summary of my experiences.

I have been working at IQAir full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Small company with lots of growth potential. Uses state-of-the-art technology with every technology-based project. Inclusive culture where you are asked to explore newer, better, and more efficient methodologies, processes, tools, and techniques. You are challenged daily with making yourself more efficient, resourceful, and with your general personal growth.

Cons

Upper management needs to better support the middle management so that it can efficiently and quickly address company objectives, goals, and issues. Also, simultaneously support its work force's concerns, and needs.

Continue to encourage the use of state-of-the-art technology. Your technology division is on the cutting edge of technology, so maintain your existing ecosystem and leverage this knowledge for future products. Also, continue to develop a close and inclusive team that works like a lean, efficient machine.

Dec 15, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. In addition to its outstanding team members, IQAir prides itself on being technologically progressive. We are pleased that you have found us to be so as well. As we ... More

Fun environment with challenging work

Current Employee - C# Applications Developer in La Mirada, CA (US)
    Current Employee - C# Applications Developer in La Mirada, CA (US)

I have been working at IQAir full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a a company that stands for their product. The people are super nice and there's plenty of interesting work to go around. Free lunch on fridays and an onsite gym! If you work hard and make use of the amenities, this is a great place to spend 8 hours of your day!

Cons

I've only been here a few weeks, but nothing seems astray so far!

Jan 19, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is wonderful to hear that your initial experiences at IQAir have been positive. We look forward to seeing your comments in the future as you get more tenure ... More

A genuine, honest and creative employer who cares about their product.

I have been working at IQAir full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Having worked here for for less than a month, it has been everything you'd want from an employer. Your supervisors don't treat you like a slave or beneath themselves and everyone genuinely wants the company to grow and succeed it is a great environment. The perks working here are in line with some of the perks you'd receive at bigger tech companies.

Cons

The approval process for work can be rather long, however everything has a reason for the long approval process. If you can't take direction or aren't motivated to get tasks and project done on time then this may not be the place for you.

Only been here 3 weeks and there are really no obvious changes that I could point to.

Nov 04, 2014HR Manager

Welcome and thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear you are happy with your decision to be part of the IQAir team. I also very much appreciate your comments on our approval process ... More

Last Chance Saloon

I have been working at IQAir full-time (more than a year)

Pros

On site gym, free lunches on Friday, hybrid vehicle program.

Cons

At any given time, 75% of the employees at IQAir are new hires. Unfortunately, the good hires always move on to better opportunities after 6 months or so. What's left behind is the chaff, all of the last chance salooner's and idiots that couldn't cut it anywhere else.

Amongst this chaff, you have a few gung-ho employees who don't mind being micromanaged and are more than happy to drink and share the IQAir cool aid. However, if you spend enough time in the cafeteria, you'll meet more than one dejected and burned out employee that is in desperate need of stress leave.

Once you get passed working with mostly depressed, incompetent robots, there is the horrible pay. Fortunately for me, I've received multiple raises.These raises have drastically improved my pay, but it is still one standard deviation from the median pay for other people in similar positions in the industry. If IQAir wants to retain young, talented employees, they need to be more competitive in pay and offer more opportunities to work from home.

Sep 08, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your recognition of just a few of the benefits available to IQAir team members. We do have to disagree with your statements about the make up and ... More

The best job I never knew existed

I have been working at IQAir full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you like a high speed, high energy, no nonsense, let's-get-this-job-done kind of place - this is it. You bring your skills, your drive and your determination to be better and the company will provide the tools to make it all work. Leave the excuses at home. If you work here you will be part of a company that is showing everyone else how it's supposed to be done. When the day is finished you'll be tired, exhilarated and off the clock. Burn out is strongly discouraged.

Cons

If I ever do run across something I don't like here then maybe I'll update my review. Okay, maybe one thing: Is there any other paint color than white?

To all the senior management: keep up the energy, excitement and drive. It lights up this building even more than the eco-friendly LED lighting.

Aug 21, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. As you noted in your description, top performers and Hundred Percenters thrive at IQAir through the day to day work culture, open communication and opportunities for ... More

GREAT PLACE TO WORK

I have been working at IQAir (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and will go the extra mile to help out. Company is growing and CEO wants to make this company a great place to work with a positive work environment. They just implemented a new bonus structure as well as an increase in PTO accrual. Lots and Lots of perks!!

Cons

You work hard EVERYDAY......If you aren't the type of person that's up for this- then don't bother applying.

Should make a "Suggestion" Box... Keep up the good work!!!

Sep 08, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We really love the positive energy of your comments in both the "Pros" and "Cons". As a current employee you know that we strive to create a pleasant, positive and ... More

Overall a great company to work for

I have been working at IQAir full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Rapidly growing company, extremely hard working staff, brand new facilities with gym, improving company culture, opportunities for training and growth

Cons

No bonus structure, employee compensation is not very competitive, some people will have a difficult time adapting to the high-stress & high-productivity environment

Some departments need better planning, cross-department communication should be improved. I would suggest having some sort of town-hall style meetings to further improve company culture.

Apr 28, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. Your feedback and suggestions are all excellent points.

We absolutely believe that we are very competitive with the current job marketplace in regards to base
    ... More

Great work/life balance

Current Employee - Internet Development Manager in La Mirada, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Internet Development Manager in La Mirada, CA (US)

I have been working at IQAir full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Helping people breath better air! Incredible growth opportunity, fun & fast paced, great benefits (medical, dental, 401k and more), breakfast, lunches, indoor slide, state-of-the-art Gym, and outdoor fountain & BBQ :-)

Cons

Not for the weak of hearts. Must be ready to give 120%.

Please keep up the great work. Thank you for listening and for the 100% support.

Apr 28, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. IQAir's core values revolve around ensuring we make the highest quality product to help people breathe cleaner, healthier air and we are happy that you find it to be a ... More